HiFi is offline Associate Member

bulked an got stomach flab

well i was doing this bulking diet for the past 5 months.. went from 150 to 175 however, the stomach got fatter and alot flabbier, is this a sign of a bad diet or what, i mean i did gain muscle.. so how do you gain just the muscle without the fat?.. on a side note, i see some body builders that have a big stomach but, its not flabby its pretty firm and not soft, is this cuz their abs are built up well?

Yung Wun is offline Member
    when you bulk expect to gain some bodyfat

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    well i was doing this bulking diet for the past 5 months.. went from 150 to 175 however, the stomach got fatter and alot flabbier, is this a sign of a bad diet or what,

(No it's not a sign of a bad diet, just means you went a bit high either on cals or carbs. Nothing a bit of extra cardio won't take care of.)

i mean i did gain muscle.. so how do you gain just the muscle without the fat?..

(It can be done but it is very difficult to do. You really have to know your body, and how it responds to things. You also have to your diet right on the money)

on a side note, i see some body builders that have a big stomach but, its not flabby its pretty firm and not soft, is this cuz their abs are built up well?

(It's called growth gut...... research it and you'll find out what it is.)

popa is offline Senior Member
    I dont mind the flab in the gut while bulking, the flab adds more weight, more weight means more strength, and you know what that means more muscle.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    ...so how do you gain just the muscle without the fat?..

(It can be done but it is very difficult to do. You really have to know your body, and how it responds to things. You also have to your diet right on the money)
    I agree.

To grow, you need to eat a lot. Eating a lot = lots of insulin . Insulin is anabolic for proteins (ie muscle) and fat stores, so do the math there.... you will gain some fat while bulking.

You can minimize the fat gain with precise diet as big Texan said. You have to really get a feel for your calorie burn each day and play around with the caloric overload you are using to bulk... obviously, too little overload = little gains, but too much = major fat gains... very tricky balance.

Thread Information