Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wannagrow is offline New Member
    "The only thing that really bothered me was the thing about eating low-glycemic index foods. Glycemic index rates the quality of the carbohydrates found in foods. This is basically saying to look for foods with low quality carbs. That makes me think that the person that wrote this doesn't know what they're talking about (but knows some medical terms), and thus everything else they say isn't worth my attention. Or they're actually telling people to look for foods that have low quality carbs while they are doing something that's going cause their body to need as much high quality carbs as possible in order to avoid muscle breakdown, in which case, I wouldn't pay any attention to what they have to say, because they don't know what they're talking about."

I was taught that exactly the opposite was true, the glycemic index is an indicator of how quickly the energy from carbs is taken into the body, high-glycemic foods, create a spike, ie sugar, ie low quality carb. Low-glycemic carbs are the more high quality carbs. I'm pretty sure that this is correct,

As you said, it makes no sense at all deliberataly eating low quality carbs.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Even though this kinda changes the direction of this thread, I should go a little bit into the whole Glycemic Index thing.

The glycemic index was developed for diabetics and unless you are a diabetic, you may not have ever heard of it before. There is quite a bit of confusion about the index, how it works and what it's for.

Basically, the index rates foods and measures how much blood glucose that food causes within a couple hours after eating it. The glycemic index is about the quality of the carbohydrates in a food and not the quantity. When you look at quantity, you have to look at the glycemic load value.

Something with a high glycemic index number causes the carbs to enter the system quicker than the foods with a low glycemic index number. A food with higher quality carbs are able to be broken down and used by the body much quicker than foods with low quality carbs.

If someone starts another thread with this subject specifically, I will go into more detail, but I think the info provided here is enough to give a pretty good idea of how the glycemic index works.

DeepStrike is offline New Member
    Hi guys, I just fell upon this thread.. sounds very interesting.

Do you have more feedback on the "one-day arm cure"?

Did you follow to the letter the routine and diet/supplements of the article?

And one final question.. were your arms smaller the next day?

Thanks guys for your help.

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    any more results guys, sound too good to be true!

Twin is offline Associate Member
    Bump bump. Anyone ever done the arm day cure before?

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    As I was reading through this thread I was thinking why are they suggesting using these old ass exercises? Then I realized thread is from 2003 and program is originally from 1998. Back in 2003 I hadn’t even began working out yet. Twin I like the Avatar. It’s awesome that you have achieved that much success all natty.

lla23 is offline Junior Member
    I have done the one day arm cure before, my gym organize this event and it really works, as long you follow all e supplement and nutrition protocols and the workout, it does make your arms grow 1/4 to 1/2 a inch..

In general it also increases your upper body training capacity, your pressing and pulling numbers will increase and improve the upper body training volume too..

Quote Originally Posted by Twin
    Bump bump. Anyone ever done the arm day cure before?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information