Jimmy777 is offline New Member

Deadlift"s- the descent

Hi,
    Once a rep has been completed , what is the best way to perform the negative? I have been doing it in a controlled manner just as i would pulling it off the floor, though today i realise its probably taking away from my performace of the actual reps because it takes it out of u lowering it in a controlled manner . How many of you dump the bar is this the most desirable way to lower that bar, or the way i am currently doing it.
    any thoughts woudl b appreciated.

Sincerely,
    James

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy777
    Hi,
    Once a rep has been completed , what is the best way to perform the negative? I have been doing it in a controlled manner just as i would pulling it off the floor, though today i realise its probably taking away from my performace of the actual reps because it takes it out of u lowering it in a controlled manner . How many of you dump the bar is this the most desirable way to lower that bar, or the way i am currently doing it.
    any thoughts woudl b appreciated.

Sincerely,
    James
    switch to dumbbells and do deads and you will begin to feel the sweet spot better. i have converted to dbell deads and find them to be very helpful in feeling the muscle/mind connection in both stages of contraction. someone recommended it to me so i can feel exactly what i want when using the barbell.

hybrid is offline Member
    the proper way is to lower it in a controlled fashion, just like any other exercise.
    when I lift from 225 and up to my max, I will do the lift, then lower it back to the floor in a controlled fashion, quickly regrip and do the next rep. That way your form stays good.

Thread Information