bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member

What's the best lifting shoe for support???

I wear a pair of Oasics while lifting, but they don't have much support in the bottom.......so I have switched to my tennis shoes for quads and calf workouts......can anybody list some good workout shoes or a web site that sells them........I don't want to pay much over $100.00 if all possible.

realityarts is offline Member
    Go to a sports clothing/shoe store and try on several to see what you like. Also, tell them that you plan to try the shoes to see how they work, and that you'll be bringing them back if you don't like them (get their name and positive acknowledgement of your plan).

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro this may sound funny, sometimes i train in a pair of construction boots... I broke out of one set of shoes once doing deadlifts and when i go heavy and need support a good pair of dickies (their like 50bucks) gave me the much needed support...

wannabmassive is offline Associate Member
    i wear timberlands i find i get all the support i need, and i paid £100 4 them

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    alot of the big guys at my gym wear construction/combat boots...it may just be for the 'look' or maybe it actually helps them with their lifts, i dunno

i personally wear either an old pair of reeboks (you've all seen em, the cheapest ones you can buy with the stripe going diagonal from the front all the wya to the back) or an old pair of new balances

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i actually read somewhere that you shouldn't wear sneakers when you squat because the souls were too springy and distort during the movement, they said you should wear work boots or squat barefoot

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I wear heels when I am squating. I feel it gives me that extra lift I am looking for.

VforVendetta is offline New Member
    I used to have to go barefoot for squats and calves becasue I have such high arches in my feet and I couldnt get a good feel of suport from any of the shoes I'd wear. I recently came across some shoes by a company called Ecco and they are the best, most solid feeling trainers I've ever tried. No springy feel to them just a molded and solid feel on the foot.

Their website is www.ecco.com. Look under "sport" shoes..I bought the Receptor Phaeton with the rubber toe.

BTW, NO this isnt an advertisement I'm just really impressed with their shoes as I've had a hell of a time finding solid support for my feet.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    alot of the big guys at my gym wear construction/combat boots...it may just be for the 'look' or maybe it actually helps them with their lifts, i dunno
    I only wear the construction boots because i tore out of a pair of nike's once deadlifting, the shoe seperated from the sole... When i go to the gym i don't care about a "look"... I am probally the smelliest, ugly looking, cat in there... I do just fine, i'm not out to impress anyone...cause i don't give a fawk bro...

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VforVendetta
    I used to have to go barefoot for squats and calves becasue I have such high arches in my feet and I couldnt get a good feel of suport from any of the shoes I'd wear. I recently came across some shoes by a company called Ecco and they are the best, most solid feeling trainers I've ever tried. No springy feel to them just a molded and solid feel on the foot.

Their website is www.ecco.com. Look under "sport" shoes..I bought the Receptor Phaeton with the rubber toe.

BTW, NO this isnt an advertisement I'm just really impressed with their shoes as I've had a hell of a time finding solid support for my feet.
    I checked the site out........shoes look good.......sound like they might have the support I'm looking for.......I'm gonna give my work boots a try first.........they have very good support and are fairly light......thanks bros for the help.

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    Chuck Taylors.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i used to wear a pair of crossfire or caterpillar boots now i am wearing the usual military boots it is good espacialy for the deadlift

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    My Vans or Airwalks work pretty good for me. I have notices a little squirm when doing heavy squats though, but never really thought much about it.

-moto

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VforVendetta

Nice, I have4 the very same problem...I guess I'll be taking a look at these Eccos. I have seen some of their shoes in stores, but never anything that made me want to buy it. Of course, I have another problem with my feet, aside from the high arch....I wear a 12EEEE.

Lady Legs is offline Female Member
    In all the magazines I have looked in with the BIG body builders such as , Gunter,Jay Cutler , and Markus Ruhl they all are wearing Otomix, Some of these run high price but worth it .My husband has a pair and says they feel wonderful on his feet during training .. Myself I always wear Dr. Scholl's(won't wear anything else), Hubby also has a pair of these .. WONDERFUL shoes and not very expensive you can find at Wal-mart between 25 and 40$ lol.. Very supportive on the heals and balls of feet plus have arch support also

-LL

Thread Information