Thread: Home Gyms

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Home Gyms

In about a year or so I will have enough money to design my own home gym.I really hate working out in my current gym or anyother.I will have around 4 g's to spend.Anybody have any suggestions on what I can buy to make this the perfect home gym.

Yep, gotta agree with Diesel on the dumbbells. For the rest, look for a deal, but don’t get suckered into buying cheap equipment. Even new. Spend the extra bread on quality equipment. Even see what it might cost you to have some of it made. I mean you can pretty much make a lot of it, or have a reputable welding shop make it instead of buying it. (Squat rack, B/P, Dumbbell stands), that way it will leave you some money left over for some better stuff that you can’t design. Also a nice sound system in the room won’t hurt for motivation as well. It will help towards the gym atmosphere without the idiots that accompany it.
    Last edited by THE BIG RED MACHINE; 01-26-2002 at 10:55 PM.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll take a picture of mine! but I spent alot more than 4g to build it!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Either a rack or smith machine. Or both
    I'm making my stuff right now. But I own a metal fab shop so I kinda have an edge. If I wasnt so busy all the time doing actual work I would have been done a lone time ago. Wish I didnt have to make money or I'd have one hell of a gym already.

solid90062 is offline Member
    Go simple at first (a good dumbell rack, a good bench, olympic bar, ez curl bar)...After that, if you still have lots left over its all gravy...Maybe a squat rack, or a big Universal gym

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Mallet
    I'll take a picture of mine! but I spent alot more than 4g to build it!
    I want to see this one.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member

GenuinePl

To start I've got fixed dumbell's from 20lbs up to 120lbs,in 5lb increments.
    12 45lb plates,4 35lb plates,4 25lb plates,8 10lb plates,4 5lb plates,2 2.5lb plates. 2 olympic bars, easy curl bar, hammer curl bar,stair master,recumbant bike
    Power Rack,smith machine,standind calf machine, seated calf machine,leg extension machine, t-bar row,Olympic flat bech/incline bench, flat dumbell bench, decline dumbell bench,chinning bar,lat pull down with low row.I used to have a preacher curl bench but i got rid of it a while ago, and I had a vertical leg press but space was getting tight so something had to go!

I hope I didn't leave any thing out!

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Power cage with O-bar, bench, and about 300-500 lbs depending on room and budget. You can do quite a bit with that.

Thread Information