bigmike72887 is offline New Member

is this a good chest workout????

hey guys. i was wondering if this would be a good chest workout to help bring my upper chest some. thanks

Incline DB Press (3*10)
    Incline Smith Machine Presses (3*10)
    Flat BD Press (3*10)
    Cable Crossovers (3*10)

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I would recommend
    flat bench bb - 4 sets of 6
    incline bench bb - 4 sets of 6
    decline bb - 4 sets of 6
    flat bench flyes - 4 sets of 10

bigmike72887 is offline New Member
    hey animal thanks for the reply i will try that out.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Ok you dont need to do 2 different Incline presses your are doing the same thing when you do DB and Barbell so your technically doing 6 sets of incline bench dont forget 2 warm up sets so really doing 8 sets or incline bench.. Try this, this is my chest workout yeah not evenone is the same but it has worked great for me.

Flat bench BD presses (2 warm up sets) Then 3 sets of 10
    Incline Bench either DB or BarBell (NO SMITH MACHINE ill tell you why later) 3sets of 10
    Weighted bench dips 3 sets of 10
    Cable crosses overs with a 2 second hold while crossing 3 sets of 10

OK now why did I say no smith machine well number the smith machine Does not use core stabilizers and restricts movement that could result in injury.. Think about it, when doing a bench press or a should press do you press the weight stright up and down in a perfect stright line? No you actually cruve you may not know it but thats why your body does naturally.. So the smith machince forces you go stright up and down which is very bad for joints. Well thats all I have know im sure I can come up with more things later on.

roach2k3 is offline New Member
    animal so what your saying is if your doing arms, just finish tris first then go on to bis etc.? Ive always done that anyhow just trying to make sure thats what you meant.

Currently im trying to find a good 4 day split routine, that allows me to train arms together. Ive tried the 3 day splits, but i dont feel good on them i feel like my intensity isnt there for the latter bodyparts after i give my all to the first ones. Ive tried the doggcrapp training style and i wasnt happy with it , although it is a good technique.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    That looks good, but Make sure you change it up. If you start incline db, maybe do decline barbell the next time. The third session you could do something with flat, then maybe back to incline the session after that but this time with barbell. You get the point

Sorken is offline Member
    Im going to try animals advise.. firt upper chest, be done with it then go too the lower part !

Thread Information