Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148

    Challenge for Chess building.

    I'm working with a friend and he's playing BasseBall as pitcher and every time we do our chest he can't go as far as he wants to because his shoulders are hurting him too much. Is there a way (for him) to gain some major mass to his chess even if his shoudler can't take the weight pressure of a bench? He's going to physio but doesn't help much... So beside Pull-Over, Cross-Over and Fly is there any good mouvement for chest without doing a press?
    He's looking for a naturall way to gain major mass to his chess
    Thanks in advance everyone!

  2. #2
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148
    Your help will be appreciate!

  3. #3
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148
    please someone

  4. #4
    Mr. Death's Avatar
    Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,441
    I have problems with my shoulder that affect my chest workouts as well. The best option that I have found (other than the exercises you have listed) is presses with a Hammer strength machine. Even though it is a pressing movement, I have been able to do them without affecting my shoulder.

  5. #5
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm in a Hurry!
    Is there a way (for him) to gain some major mass to his chess even if his shoudler can't take the weight pressure of a bench?
    Alright, I'm gonna lay it out for you...

    Chess Routine:
    Pawn Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8
    Bishop Incline Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8

    Superset:
    Rook Pullover, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10
    Incline Knight Flyes, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10

  6. #6
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    gotta use the big movements to get the max growth.....

  7. #7
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Alright, I'm gonna lay it out for you...

    Chess Routine:
    Pawn Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8
    Bishop Incline Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8

    Superset:
    Rook Pullover, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10
    Incline Knight Flyes, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10
    Thanks but this isn't for someone who his able to do press... I mean he can but my friend do like 80% of his capacity we've try static press and stuff but I shoud get a picture and post it so you'll see that everything excpet the chess looks pretty good... Is new in the bodybuilding and I was wondering if any of you knows something else than press for a gain of mass. We do some DB Press but I need to hold his shoudler so he can make his press and a lots of pull-over to get the cage going on.
    But I like the superset and about the Pawn Press explain it a bit for me we may not have the same name in Qc

  8. #8
    alevok Guest
    deca is the answer

  9. #9
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    I have problems with my shoulder that affect my chest workouts as well. The best option that I have found (other than the exercises you have listed) is presses with a Hammer strength machine. Even though it is a pressing movement, I have been able to do them without affecting my shoulder.

    bingo.. tell him to use lever machines. they will be the answer for his problems they never go pass 90 degrees and wont harm his shoulder further. also they are isolated movments which arent as great as compounds but its at lease something. also if god for big his shoulders give out he wont have x amount of LBS falling on him.

  10. #10
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Alright, I'm gonna lay it out for you...

    Chess Routine:
    Pawn Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8
    Bishop Incline Press, 4 sets of: 12, 10, 8, 8

    Superset:
    Rook Pullover, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10
    Incline Knight Flyes, 3 sets of: 12, 10, 10

    if you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything at all..

  11. #11
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    deca is the answer
    hehe I like your style but I wont give him deca now... he isn't ready for it. God **** I'll get some picture so you'll see his (our) problem

    meanwhile can someone explain a Palw Press, there's nothing called like that in Qc maybe we call it different and I dont have idea on what it could be

  12. #12
    HansVonSchnittchen's Avatar
    HansVonSchnittchen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    99
    I especially love the Incline Knight Flyes and am a firm believer in Decline Pawn Presses to help my Chess. No but on a serious note, maybe try some pushups, that will help build strength and with strength comes size, also maybe conisder some shoulder strenghtening exercises to rebuild up the shoulder some and then concentrate more on chest. Some stretches before lifting may be helpful as well, there are many stretches he could do with a bunge cord or just up against the wall for his chest and shoulder, his injury sounds like it may be a rotator cuff injury. From above posts he may want to work with some machines too, or even consider a towel bench where he would basically still perform a barbell bench press, but just lower the wiehght to a rolled up towel which lies on his chest and this could be his touch point rather than chest, therefore, he would not have to go as deep on the bench still be able to perform and should be able to gain some strength and size. I hope this helps.

  13. #13
    I'm in a Hurry!'s Avatar
    I'm in a Hurry! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by HansVonSchnittchen
    I especially love the Incline Knight Flyes and am a firm believer in Decline Pawn Presses to help my Chess. No but on a serious note, maybe try some pushups, that will help build strength and with strength comes size, also maybe conisder some shoulder strenghtening exercises to rebuild up the shoulder some and then concentrate more on chest. Some stretches before lifting may be helpful as well, there are many stretches he could do with a bunge cord or just up against the wall for his chest and shoulder, his injury sounds like it may be a rotator cuff injury. From above posts he may want to work with some machines too, or even consider a towel bench where he would basically still perform a barbell bench press, but just lower the wiehght to a rolled up towel which lies on his chest and this could be his touch point rather than chest, therefore, he would not have to go as deep on the bench still be able to perform and should be able to gain some strength and size. I hope this helps.
    Sounds good! We'll try that and I'll let you know if it works... Thanks!

  14. #14
    Gballs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4
    Hammer strength and other weighted machines are the best because your not hurtin your shoulders as much because you dont have to balance the bar.....

  15. #15
    adamw1's Avatar
    adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    wales-uk
    Posts
    437
    You say he does pullovers these are a killer on my shoulders.Perhaps his current routine is the problem has he tried any negatives on the bench press.

  16. #16
    allsaucedup's Avatar
    allsaucedup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    829
    use the smith machine. i had a problem with my shoulder coming out off socket a few years ago. it will help take the pressure ofyour shoulders. you can do incline, decline, and flat like this. i had to do this along with any military presses for like a full year until i strengthened the ligaments and tendons around my shoulder enough to use the regular barbell or dumbell. it worked well it was recomended by my orthopedic surgeon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •