Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: military

tommy22587 is offline Junior Member

military

so im in the military i believe it costs to much for them to test you for roids, im not sure just wondering if any one knows this... i do get drug testd, all i do is piss in a cup everyonce in a while... does anyone know if the military tests for them

also what lastas the longest? deca

bigreggie0752 is offline New Member
    Well bro when i was in the military back in the stone age,they used the last digit of social then only tested a precentage of those,but the ones they tested they tested for everything.Remember they only have to pay for the test,theyve already paid for the labor

yeah we get random tests, but i dont get tests to much any more, but all we do is piss... is that they way they test u is just a piss test for roids? or do u have to have blood work done?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    i remember seeing a bunch of different threads about this same subject in the last couple years. Run a search. you'll find tons of info.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy22587 View Post
    yeah we get random tests, but i dont get tests to much any more, but all we do is piss... is that they way they test u is just a piss test for roids? or do u have to have blood work done?
    *sigh* I'm pretty sure you'll only get tested for rec. drugs. They won't draw blood and test for gear unless they have a really good reason to suspect that you're using.

Well if someone in your suspects you of anything then bet your stripe that you will get a "random" test

chain of command

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigreggie0752 View Post
    Well if someone in your suspects you of anything then bet your stripe that you will get a "random" test
    bingo

yea once i go on im ganna just not wear t shirts lol jus sweaters all the time lol

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Well bro when i was in the military back in the stone age,they used the last digit of social then only tested a precentage of those,but the ones they tested they tested for everything.Remember they only have to pay for the test,theyve already paid for the labor
    It goes by Full SSN number placed on each Sample Sealed with red top ofer the top and your initials on it. and a refenece number after checked by a Urinalysis Coordinator.

Procedures are... they mix 5 or more samples together and then test them as one, if the mix comes positive the test the individual ones to find the "hot" urine. After determining the sample that has tested posotive the then run it though a GCMS to determine what specific drug was taken and the amount concentrated in the Urine. A report is then sent to the command with just the SSN's and who popped, for what specific chemical and in what concentration making it easier to prosecute

Labor is no issue because they are tested at military facilities....already on the payroll so to speak. Tests are much cheper then anyone thinks

Regardless, AAS are never tested for in these random tests, However, if you pop on a controlled substance (even if legally prescribed) and they run your sample through a GCMS - anything they can compare a metabolite to will be listed on the report....including Tylenol

Even this is often VERY rare is the Marine Corps, Army and less so in the NAVY. Most will turn a blind eye. Very rare to ever get tested for performance enhancing drugs
    Last edited by Dizz28; 01-19-2009 at 04:37 PM.

thanks, yeah i didnt think they testd for them, i do have a lot of prescribed drugs that are all on file and they all know about, so if i pop for them then they would know why so there would be no reason for them to take the test any further i would say

Quote Originally Posted by tommy22587 View Post
    thanks, yeah i didnt think they testd for them, i do have a lot of prescribed drugs that are all on file and they all know about, so if i pop for them then they would know why so there would be no reason for them to take the test any further i would say
    No Sir. Samples are sent out to an out side facility... Say you are station in NJ or VA they will send them to a lab in Florida or TExas to get tested. They don't know what drugs you are on or prescribed. They just test. If you pop for something that is RX'd by a Doctor, in your medical record it still doesn't matter. They have to run it through a "Confirmatory" test in which they find out what exactly is in there

They send this report to your command for them to cross check your medcal records to see if you have a valid RX for it. If not, then it's up to your commant to prosecute. If you do have one, they question you if you've been abusing it if you have higher then normal theraputic doses and let you go. If something else is found in there with no RX.....you will be prosecuted...

Jcoz is offline New Member
    Tests for AAS are only by request, it goes to a different place to be tested. They do not test for AAS with Military personel.

In the AF it was not as rare as the above poster is saying, it strictly depends on your Chain of command. Depends on what kind of officers and enlisted you have. Some are real hard-ons for that type of sh*t. If you blow up fast, they will notice. From there it depends on what kind of people they are, will they just joke about it or will they get suspicious?

Anyways your average piss test is not for AAS, it must be requested, as far as I know, and my experiance is the AF.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    the only time the military test you for gear is when they suspect you are using...and unless you are a fn up you should be good.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    The US military does not test for any anabolic agents.. You actually can ask for a list of Tested items.. they test for four compounds.. (thats all anybody can test for legal reasons) three are always the same. (i think its weed, coke, heroin) and one of the items changes randomly...But Steroids won't be tested for.

And even if they know you are juicing, they really don't give a crap. as long as you pull your own weight and pass your run. If you ever walk around a military gym you can see that there are people that juice.

WARNING:: There are some work out supplements that will give you a false postive for Weed. its some supplement that starts with a M i forget it off the top of my head.. I was sent in 2007 to a Florida Department of Law Enforcement certification course for drug testing and they told me all about it, but i just don't remember off the top of my head at the moment. But i warn people because you should always keep a list of supplements you are taking because you never know when you will get a wrong reading. but they can lazer the piss and figure out it was a false positive. so people don't try and lie.
    Last edited by quarry206; 02-13-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    The US military does not test for any anabolic agents.. You actually can ask for a list of Tested items.. they test for four compounds.. (thats all anybody can test for legal reasons) three are always the same. (i think its ****, ****, ******) and one of the items changes randomly...But Steroids won't be tested for.
    Wrong they test for 7 different family of drugs and medication. Even the most basic of drug tests that are ever given by any company test for 5 families. You can read about them if you look up "NIDA 5" and "NIDA 7." I would list these but there is a no rec drug policy on this board so I wont. If you would like to know these classes then just pm me and I'll explain them to you.

Anyway, the military tests for 7 different families, some of them are the illicit and some are perscription medications that are controlled. There are two stages of testing that any lab uses... 1st being the "initial" test that's basically just one of those cards you can buy at any drug store that you place a sample on it and if a line shows then it's "positive" and it will show what class of the 7 caused it. Only if the sample comes up positive then it goes to the second stage called the "confirmatory" test. They then run the sample through a GCMS (not a laser test lol) to find out what exactly was in the urine to make it pop positive and also the nanogram level to determine if the pop could possibly be a false positive caused by MANY things or, a deliberate ingestion.

Furthermore, if the samples run through the GCMS, anything that can be referenced to a metabolite will show up on the test. If seen drug tests come back listing things like "acetaminophen" (tylenol) or "diphenhydramine" (benadryl) and the levels contained

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jcoz View Post
    In the AF it was not as rare as the above poster is saying, it strictly depends on your Chain of command.

I don't have the slightest clue about AF drug testing procedures or policies. I only know that they are far more strict with rules/regulations/procedures then the other armed forces are so it would make sence that it isn't as rare. I was only referring to Navy/Marine Corps mainly, I have slight knowledge of Army procedures
    Last edited by Dizz28; 02-13-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: forgot to reply to Jcoz's post

what family's there are to test for and what they test for at one given time are two different things... yes everywhere test for different catorgories but the military does not test every test sample for all of them. only 4. and as of 2008 the military at least on random tests, are suppost to tell you what ones they are testing for in the briefing before the test. during random drug tests the supreme court has rule you can't just go on a wild goose chase and test for anything. their are limits.. for Post-incident drug testing and Pre-employment drug testing the rules are different because you are giving promission to test.

I have done tests before and never has there been more than four. and I have even been told that there can't be.

and when i said lazer i was just meaning a general they do something. i was speaking in general terms not how they actually do it. i even said i can't remember alot about it i just remember the gerneral shit i was taught. the class i went to was the legal side of giving a test not what happens afterwards.

and when i put coke weed herion i was meaning their families but wasn't going to get too detialed because thats what most people know. your ripping apart something that was just meant as a general statement
    Last edited by quarry206; 02-15-2009 at 04:31 AM.

Random Testing. By regulation, each military member must be tested at least once per year. Reserve members must be tested at least once every two years. This is done by means of "random testing." Basically, a commander can order that either all or a random-selected sample of his/her unit be tested, at any time. Results of random testing can be used in court-martials (Under Article 1128a of the Uniform Code of Military Justice), article 15s (nonjudicial punishment), and involuntary discharges. This includes using the results to determine service characterization (honorable, general, or other-than-honorable). Members do not have the right to refuse random testing. However, commanders cannot order specific individuals to take a "random" test. Those selected must be truly "random."

Medical Testing. This is testing which is accomplished in compliance with any medical requirements. Urinalysis tests given to new recruits falls under this category. As with Random Testing, results can be used in court-martials, article 15s, and involuntary discharges, to include service characterization. Members do not have a right to refuse medical testing in the military.

Probable Cause. If a commander has probable cause that a person is under the influence of drugs, the commander can request a search authorization from the Installation Commander, who is authorized to issue "military search warrants" after consultation with the JAG. Again, results of urinalysis tests obtained through search authorizations can be used in court-martials, article 15s, and involuntary discharges, including service characterization. Members cannot refuse to provide a urine sample which has been authorized by a military search warrant.

Consent. If a commander does not have probable cause, the commander can ask the member for "consent to search." If the member grants consent, the results of the urinalysis may be used in court-martials, article 15s, and involuntary discharges to include service characterization. Under this procedure, members do not have to grant consent.

Commander Directed. If a member refuses to grant consent, and if the commander does not have enough evidence to warrant a probable-cause search warrant, the commander may order the member to give a urine sample anyway. However, commander-directed urinalysis results may not be used for court-martial or article 15 purposes. The results MAY be used as a reason for involuntary discharge, but MAY NOT be used to determine service characterization. In other words, the member can be discharged, but what kind of discharge he/she receives (honorable, general, other-than-honorable) depends upon his/her military record (WITHOUT using the urinalysis results).

and to Dizz28, Please forgive me, i was wrong about something.. I asked the person who does our testing.. and they did say some Units and other branchs (i'm in the army). do test for all drugs in one test. He explain most army higher head quaters stopped doing it because of the legal battles. but un-like civilian empolyers that can only test for so many. it is DOD policy to test for whatever is random at that time. and if random means all then that is what you get..

a part of an article he sent me:

DoD labs are equipped to test for marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, LSD, opiates (including morphine and heroin), barbiturates and PCP. But not all samples are tested for all of these drugs.

Every sample gets tested for marijuana, cocaine and amphetamines, including ecstasy. Tests for other drugs are done at random on different schedules for each lab. Some laboratories do test every sample for every drug.

Commanders can request samples be tested for steroids. In this case, the samples are sent to the Olympic testing laboratory at the University of California at Los Angeles.

mas-polloxxx is offline Junior Member
    piss tests are for rec's only, . . .COC has to have probable cause to test a member for AAS> The tests are conducted at Olympic testing sites and are therefore expensive and rarely conducted. Unless of course you make what you're doing obvious and open. Someone already mentioned it, unless someone high absolutely hates you, I've never seen a command not turn a blind eye.

spencer c is offline New Member
    I attend a military college in vermont to pursue a commision in the marine corps and first off testing is all based on your chain of command. Our old col didnt test once, new one tested once all year. My roommate was also a sgt in the army and was actually in charge of administering drug tests. He said he only had to test when some people get in trouble and randomly. He also told me how overseas everyone was on juice, the military doesnt give two shits if your getting huge, in fact they love it. A lot of other militaries in the world, especially lots of sf units give there men some type of "combat cocktail" including amphetamines and juice thrown in the mix. THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE GIVES THEIR PILOTS AMPHETAMINES TO STAY AWAKE AND MORE ALERT!! bottom line any type of performance enhancement in the benefit of uncle sam is good to go

my friend was 6 foot 300 pounds at 10% bodyfat and he never got tested he was on 1000mg of test a week

blake.varhaug is offline Junior Member
    whoever told spencer that the military gives sf group guys roids is a moron. Overseas everyone does juice, i see majority prohormones though not actual gear.

spencer c is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blake.varhaug View Post
    whoever told spencer that the military gives sf group guys roids is a moron. Overseas everyone does juice, i see majority prohormones though not actual gear.
    actually i dont think a member of the SAS (Special Air Service, Britain) is a moron, i mean he was the one who was actually part of an sf group and said his squad leader would give them all shit or get it for them. He spoke to us at our school and filled us in on a ton of cool shit. I never said UNITED STATES SF GROUPS, but i do not doubt there is some usage among them as well just the same. Its not like its encouraged but its definetly well looked past.
    Last edited by spencer c; 03-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.

reardbandit is offline Associate Member
    Dude just don't run around your unit talking about gear and you should be good to go. If you make it obvious then they may send your sample to UCLA. I'm pretty sure I've never heard of anyone coming up hot for juice though. Only one guy, and that's because the commander found his gear in his room during a health and welfare

rock's finest is offline New Member
    i started cycling when i was in. i got out in 07, but there were 2 occasions while i pissed when i was on cycle. i think they stick to a 10 point system and the only time they really test u for AAS, is if your under investigation by OSI,CID, NCIS, and your commanding officier refers it.

rock's finest is offline New Member
    you would be surprised on how many ppl in the military juice....i knew quite a few personally that did

robofish is offline Associate Member
    I have been in the army for 4 years now been drug tested before and have never been caught using steroids .

SSGBlack is offline New Member
    Active Army for a good while and my ex wife worked in the lab on base. Heres the rundown..
    1. Company/unit gets the SSNs for the tests which are pulled randomly by the UPL program. Tests are always for Marijuana, Cocaine and its derivatives, and for amphetamines. There is also a choice for testing at the commanders discretion...i.e. if he hears there's a bunch of heroin in town he can choose to test for that as well.

2. Samples are taken with supervision...you sign assuring that the sample is yours and that its your ssn on the bottle. bottles are sealed in front of you.

3. Samples are sent to the installations lab in the hospital. At this particular base the tests were merely to see if pos or neg, then if hot, shipped to BAMC for linearity (a PPM number they have to have in order to prosecute you).

Now I have seen a two get busted for AAS while in Iraq and Korea where these things are more readily available. In ten years I have never seen a steriod test pulled on the monthly/quarterly/annual test, they are always at special request of the commander. In the two cases I seen the punishment was more lenient than in cases of Marijuana and the others.

So my advice is:
    1. Keep your mouth shut! people will always talk, give them less to say about you.
    2. Don't go too drastic on the bulking...this will raise suspicions
    3. see number 1

Hope this was of some help!
    Last edited by SSGBlack; 04-21-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: i cant spell

subaruwrx04 is offline Associate Member
    I was in the Marines for 4 years they dont test you for gear..

Like said above..

So my advice is:
    1. Keep your mouth shut! people will always talk, give them less to say about you.
    2. Don't go too drastic on the bulking...this will raise suspicions
    3. see number 1

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    First off, thank you for your service.
    2nd listen to Subaruwrx04. If you keep your trap shut you will not have a problem. And if you live in the barracks find a good hiding spot.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    they won't test you unless they have proof that your doing it...just because your huge,ripped and super strong is not enough...I've been in for 13+ years...

RICK79916 is offline Junior Member
    They will not test you for gear. Guaranteed!

WHAT DO THEY TEST FOR?
    The first thing to know about drug testing is what the standard test looks for. What is being tested for varies greatly based on testing company, expense, expectations, federal requirements, etc. Following is a description of what to expect from the standard tests.

The SAMHSA-5 #
    Federal government guidelines (by SAMHSA-the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) require that companies which use commercial class drivers licenses for employees must have a testing system in place. Among other things, this required testing program must test for 5 specific categories of drugs (referred to as the "SAMHSA 5", previously called the "NIDA-5"). Because of this federal requirement, most drug testing companies offer a basic drug test that checks for drugs in these 5 common categories.

Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
    Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
    Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
    Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
    Phencyclidine (PCP)
    Expanded Tests
    Most drug testing companies also offer an expanded test which includes a few additional drug classes and specific drugs in the testing process. Most do not add all of these in their expanded test, but choose a different combination of 3 or 4 to add :

Barbiturates (Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Butalbital)
    Hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin)
    Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
    Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Librium, Serax, Rohypnol)
    Methadone
    Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)
    Ethanol (Alcohol)
    MDMA (Ecstasy)
    Additional Testables
    In addition, there are a few other substances which it is possible but quite unusual to test for. I only found reference to testing for these additional substances at 1 (out of 15) drug testing sites :

LSD
    Tryptamines (Psilocybin, AMT, DMT, DPT, 5-MeO-DiPT)
    Phenethylamines (Mescaline, MDMA, MDA, MDE, 2C-B, 2C-T-7)
    Inhalents (Toluene, Xylene, Benzene)

***** The Steroid Detection tests cost employers too much money; thus, they WILL NOT use them as a standard drug-screening...same goes for Military and Police Organizations. Due to the cost of the tests, they are solely used for reasonable suspicion! (As long as you don't rage out severely, you should be alright!)*** Never tested for AAs randomly....if you are tested, "It's your fault for being careless!"

PM me if you need more details! I have alot of experience with the tests! I was the susbstance abuse prevention Officer for my Division (Army). And have a great knowledge base on a variety of employer-testing requirements.

area547 is offline New Member
    wow its really cool to see that we have a big military community here. I was afraid i was the only one.

I also heard that they will mix a couple of samples together and test a batch at once to cut down on the costs. Is this just a rumor or just the way one command can handle it or is this legit?

RICK79916 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by area547 View Post
    wow its really cool to see that we have a big military community here. I was afraid i was the only one.

I also heard that they will mix a couple of samples together and test a batch at once to cut down on the costs. Is this just a rumor or just the way one command can handle it or is this legit?

Mixing samples together will not do them any good! If they mix the samples, then each individual sample would be rendered invalid... and let's say a batch of mixed samples came out positive for a substance; then everyone in that batch would go through another test...which in turn increases costs.

GOOD TO KNOW: Not all the samples are tested! Only a fraction are infact tested through each interation.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    my brother was stationed in korea and they had horse stables where there was a soldier in charge and was dipping into there "meds" and was tested twice and was positive both times and they did nothing to him...

Keenstyle1 is offline Junior Member
    Dude, this thread was so old, January. Every week someone asks this same question. I admit I was one of them.
    Anyway, only the commander will order a test if he thinks your on them. So keep it solid. If you start shooting tren with a bunch of other stuff you'll get noticed. The biggest thing is getting pct's while deployed. But they will ship to apo's.

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Do not sweat it they will not even test you

Quote Originally Posted by Keenstyle1 View Post
    Dude, this thread was so old, January. Every week someone asks this same question. I admit I was one of them.
    Anyway, only the commander will order a test if he thinks your on them. So keep it solid. If you start shooting tren with a bunch of other stuff you'll get noticed. The biggest thing is getting pct's while deployed. But they will ship to apo's.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I got PCT from lion while deployed. I would take it with me to be safe but you should be fine. Deployment time is the best time to cycle because everyone gets huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information