Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Abt
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Cylon357

Thread: Fear of needles not going away

  1. #1
    ChasinGains is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    108

    Fear of needles not going away

    Hello everyone, bit of a weird one, but does anyone else have a fear of having a needle go into their vein? And if so how did you get over it, I have to have them due to being on trt and they never get any better

  2. #2
    Abt
    Abt is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5
    A smaller needle could help, inject with insulin needles if youre lean enough. Otherwise try subcutaneous injections, hard to hit a vein


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,611
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasinGains View Post
    Hello everyone, bit of a weird one, but does anyone else have a fear of having a needle go into their vein? And if so how did you get over it, I have to have them due to being on trt and they never get any better
    Just use a 5/16" or 1/4" 25-30 gauge needle and do sub Q.
    Cylon357 likes this.

  4. #4
    ChasinGains is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Just use a 5/16" or 1/4" 25-30 gauge needle and do sub Q.
    Thanks for reply, it’s not the injecting of testosterone I’m bothered with, I wasn’t completely clear on my post, it’s when I get my blood work done and they put that harpoon in to your vein

  5. #5
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,761
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasinGains View Post
    Thanks for reply, it’s not the injecting of testosterone I’m bothered with, I wasn’t completely clear on my post, it’s when I get my blood work done and they put that harpoon in to your vein
    Ah, that. Yeah I used to be damn near petrified but I've had enough blood work over the past two years that it is a bit better.

    A couple of quick thoughts that might help.

    First, don't watch what they are doing. Actually seeing them stab you can trigger fight or flight. Thats just how we are made: to avoid harm.

    Second, find a good phlebotomist. That might not be the right word or spelling, but basically, the person that is doing the draw. Good ones, I barely feel a thing and don't even bruise. Bad ones seems to tend to stab, rather than push, and those are the ones that are most painful and leave the biggest bruises.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,611
    I give blood and get bloodwork done.

    Just don't watch.
    Close your eyes, watch a video, read, mediatate, whatever....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •