Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

I need to get the hell out of Gold's gym

I've ****ing had it with this ***** gym, only reason I go there is because my membership is free since I'm a trainer there. I layed out some business cards to try and get some clients and you would have thought all hell had broken loose in the place. I've had like 3 people come up to me and give me shit about it "you can't do that" WTF gives, it was to get clients for that gym, they would make $$ off it!! This place is for pussies, they dont want bodybuilders in there, they dont want ANYONE IN SHAPE in there. The only thing this gym gives a rats ass about is swiping your damn credit card, they could care less about health and fitness!!! Pizza night? WTF is pizza night at the gym!! You can't even lift without having to hear some dumb bitch on the pager "So and so, your appointment is at the front desk, So and so you have a call on line 2" It might as well be a ****ing car dealership. And the sales people piss me the **** off, not because they are salespeople but the way they are trained to sell. Basically they're trained to put you down and make you feel like absolute shit for not committing to $400/month worth of personal training. Some dipshit sales asshole, who half the time isn't in great shape himself, is ragging on people at these meetings, trying to justify their own finances to them too. I want to just bitchslap some of these stupid dickheads, their misery shines right through their bullshit smiles! So I think I'm about to be done with this crap, I may go get my own clients and train someplace else altogether and charge WTF I feel like. And as for working out there **** em', I'm taking it back to the hardcore gyms even if I have to drive an extra 15 minutes!

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Sounds like more of a planet fitness then it does a golds. I'm switching back to golds tomorrow. The golds here is the only place I can find guys that actually wanna get big and lift heavy. No pizza night and the staff is pretty cool. I had left Golds for a gym with cheaper monthly fees but it was a gym like what you just described. Nobody cared about hard work.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Dont get me started on "fitness" commercial gyms. Or "Goldsteins Gym" as they call Golds because of the jews that run corporate. Get a copy of their acceptable membership contract cancellation policy: it says on there a family member is allowed to bring in your death certificate to end your membership. I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

Luckily I found chalk, cussing out the manager, and throwing dumbbells is a loophole that got me out bwahahhahaha long story

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post

Luckily I found chalk, cussing out the manager, and throwing dumbbells is a loophole that got me out bwahahhahaha long story

HILARIOUS!!!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I agree Golds Sucks my balls!

Has anyone had any experience with SNAP Fitness??

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post

Had a buddy that really liked snap. There's not any close enough to my house tho.

Ya, they are building one about 10 minutes away from my house and I think I am gonna switch over to them after checking it out. I hear good things about them.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    SNAp fitness sucks dick....They have limited weights and limited machines. The place is for a 50+ community
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack View Post
    SNAp fitness sucks dick....They have limited weights and limited machines. The place is for a 50+ community
    Looks like there's gonna be a shitty gym in every branch.

I personally like the golds in my area. Yeah the cancellation terms are rediculous but i pln on staying there for the whole contract like I did before so no big deal there.

The best thing to do would be try a few free trials before committing to any of them. Whether is sucks or not all depends on the owner and what type of clientel they want.

I know there are still decent Gold's Gyms if you travel around a little, but anything new going up is commercial, ***** gyms. I wish we had a place like Metroflex over in Texas where Branch and Ronnie train. That place is the shit, those guys dont give a ****, music cranked, people banging serious weights.

matt77 is offline Member
    My local gym "non commercial" kicks as*!! We have all old school type equipment with some tech here and there. No group fitness classes!! It is taylored to everyone not just BB. I have yet to have a problem though with anyone. Owners are there everyday and are very cool. Best part is the $99 yearly membership!!!!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    I know there are still decent Gold's Gyms if you travel around a little, but anything new going up is commercial, ***** gyms. I wish we had a place like Metroflex over in Texas where Branch and Ronnie train. That place is the shit, those guys dont give a ****, music cranked, people banging serious weights.
    Metroflex is sick. But very uncommon. Most places you just are gonna find a bunch of machines, treadmills, no DBs over 100lbs for sure, shitty equipment, often no powerrrack even, no chains, no bumper plates, no deadlifts allowed, no chalk allowed, etc, etc Its not about hardcore niche markets, its about selling contracts to fatasses these days. Its just where the money is..

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I've been at LA Fitness for about 10 years, and I've moved to different locations as they opened...but the one closest to my house is quickly becoming just as you described your Gold's Gym. All the equipment is falling apart. The trainers are dickheads with hater stares all day long who leave their shit all over the place, but have no problem telling people to not do the exact same thing, etc etc.

They are getting more and more money hungry as people tighten their financial belts, and it's starting to reflect in the level of service.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    God a love my home gym .

Madonna pumping,
    Bumper plates clashing,
    Sweat everywhere,
    Caulk everywhere,
    Loud grunting,
    No shirts... sometime no pants,

DSM's would love it, .

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Looks like there's gonna be a shitty gym in every branch.

I personally like the golds in my area. Yeah the cancellation terms are rediculous but i pln on staying there for the whole contract like I did before so no big deal there.

The best thing to do would be try a few free trials before committing to any of them. Whether is sucks or not all depends on the owner and what type of clientel they want.
    Exactly, I hate to say it, its not a true depiction of the gym name, but the specific gym you attent, regardless of name.
    The golds by me is old and hardcore. Its where are the serious muscle heads go.

The workoutworld and retro fitness are both rather tacky imo.

I work out at school though, much more people I know. Your just getting a random draw of the people in that neighborhood who choose to go that gym and whatever owners started it.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    I used to goto to golds gym a few years ago,
    I used to see paul dillett there everyday with a possie of hardcore BB (Bigs Brothers or Body Builders// either or)

it closed down and turned into premier a few years back and went to sh!T.

I have never been able to find a gym as good as that golds was.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    depends on the staff, i worked in a major gym chain, our gym was fantastic to work and train in, however another branch in another town had assholes for staff and the gym had zero atmosphere

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I have an LA fitness around me. Canceled it within a week.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    This is why I love training at home.....

World gym is full of assh*les who stare at you the whole time. Each guy try's to measure himself up against you...... then they pump their pecs in the mirror.

Retro fitness is full of women.... which would be great if I was trying to pick one up instead of lifting.

WorkoutWorld is better than most but is still full of yuppies

Planet fitness is just freakin retarded..... it's really only good for cardio. Unless you're built like a skeleton - only then would the weights be heavy enough.

LA Fitness is full of HOT women..... and dickhead guido gym rats who try and pick up the women while also trying to measure up against you......

Golds gym..... havn't been to one near me.....

This is just a description of the gyms within a 40 mile radius of me.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I think NVR2BIG1 should get a dedicated forum just for his rants.

Like Peter Griffin had "What grinds my gears".

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ^^^^ LMFAO!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

rocheey is offline Junior Member
    My local gym has the free weights down the back, and around the corner, invisible to most, and I like it that way. It's outta the way enuff that you can grunt (but not groan - go figure). And I actually have no problem with the people there just "exercisin' ... all that spandex wigglin' around keeps my Test levels up.

flexerguy is offline Junior Member
    Pizza at the gym lol. Well at my old gym they used to sell beer there. lol Bascially, the people who played racketball would order ptichers of beer ...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    First of all you couldnt pay me enough $$ to be a Personal Trainer. My hats off to all you guys who do it. Trying to motivate the unmotivated and listen to excuses would never work for me. Only way I would even think about it is if I got to only work with competitive bodybuilders and figure athletes.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    First of all you couldnt pay me enough $$ to be a Personal Trainer. My hats off to all you guys who do it. Trying to motivate the unmotivated and listen to excuses would never work for me. Only way I would even think about it is if I got to only work with competitive bodybuilders and figure athletes.
    yeah, that was never easy, if i return to training ppl, it will be strength athletes only, ie rugby teams. you get jerked around way too much in big commercial gyms.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I've ****ing had it with this ***** gym, only reason I go there is because my membership is free since I'm a trainer there. I layed out some business cards to try and get some clients and you would have thought all hell had broken loose in the place. I've had like 3 people come up to me and give me shit about it "you can't do that" WTF gives, it was to get clients for that gym, they would make $$ off it!! This place is for pussies, they dont want bodybuilders in there, they dont want ANYONE IN SHAPE in there. The only thing this gym gives a rats ass about is swiping your damn credit card, they could care less about health and fitness!!! Pizza night? WTF is pizza night at the gym!! You can't even lift without having to hear some dumb bitch on the pager "So and so, your appointment is at the front desk, So and so you have a call on line 2" It might as well be a ****ing car dealership. And the sales people piss me the **** off, not because they are salespeople but the way they are trained to sell. Basically they're trained to put you down and make you feel like absolute shit for not committing to $400/month worth of personal training. Some dipshit sales asshole, who half the time isn't in great shape himself, is ragging on people at these meetings, trying to justify their own finances to them too. I want to just bitchslap some of these stupid dickheads, their misery shines right through their bullshit smiles! So I think I'm about to be done with this crap, I may go get my own clients and train someplace else altogether and charge WTF I feel like. And as for working out there **** em', I'm taking it back to the hardcore gyms even if I have to drive an extra 15 minutes!
    Depends were they your personal cards or your golds gym cards?

If i was a sales guy i would be a little upset. If they make thier money off of signing people up and you are going around that. I'm sure you wouldnt be happy if they signed people up and then didnt give the clients to the trainers and started training them themselves.

You work at a business. that's what a gym is foremost. They have sales people and they have trainers. Just do your job.

And i agree i dont like the way they sell
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 05-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Couldn't take it anymore

Well this morning I woke up and just said **** it all. I signed up at a hardcore gym downtown and went and lifted with a friend who trains there. Damn that shit felt good!!!! I'm not quitting training YET, going to give it another month and see how it goes. But I think the new gym membership will do me some good

bucks_243 is offline Junior Member
    I don't even know most of these gym's. I have ONE gym in town and it's the YMCA. The next closest one with the most variety is in Denver.......3 hours away. Consider yourself lucky.

Sparhawk is offline New Member
    Which Gold's are you at. I used to be an area manager for a franchisee. They are truly brutal in all the ways you mentioned. I had to leave.

LunchEater is offline New Member
    pizza night, priceless. Sounds similar to my gym. Upon signing in they had a table filled with cookies. They also have a smoothie bar in there, always makes me laugh when I see people get a smoothie and then drink it while working out.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"

cpl of female members from golds did mine

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    cpl of female members from golds did mine
    LOL.... I don't doubt it.... sounds like you!

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    I've been at LA Fitness for about 10 years, and I've moved to different locations as they opened...but the one closest to my house is quickly becoming just as you described your Gold's Gym. All the equipment is falling apart. The trainers are dickheads with hater stares all day long who leave their shit all over the place, but have no problem telling people to not do the exact same thing, etc etc.

They are getting more and more money hungry as people tighten their financial belts, and it's starting to reflect in the level of service.
    same shit with la fitness in my town

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Thumbs up

Beer & pizza at a gym? Now that's just stupid. What next? Donuts to go with the protein shakes?

Honestly, I'm glad to say that every Gold's Gym that I've trained at, 5 or 6 to be exact, have been great. They were more into the fitness and bodybuilder state of their members.

The worst gym (if I may call it that) that I've ever trained at was a family owned gym in N.O. called Parrault Fitness Center. It was owned by a business woman who owned several pre-schools in the city and she acquired a motel and turned it into a few businesses, including another pre-school, uniform store, and you guessed it, a fitness center run by her husband and son. Funny thing is, I don't think any of them had an inclination about fitness. They often had the son's girlfriend instruct the aerobic classes and she wasn't even a licensed instructor. For Christ sake, they even told every potential member, "We don't want bodybuilders training here". One day, I advised the guy (husband) that by saying that, he is kissing alot of money away since most bodybuilders tend to pay their memberships in full.

My greatest laugh came about a year after I left there and began training at a Gold's Gym that I actually had the honor to help build. I was dating a cutie who happened to work at their "fitness center" and I had gone there to pick her up from work one evening. I happened to be wearing a Gold's Gym shirt at the time and the guy said to me, "Soon, we're going to put Gold's Gym out of business." I said, "Really Parrault? How many fitness centers do you have in the world? Hell, how about in this state? Better yet, in New Orleans?" He told me, "Just this one. Why?"
    "Well, Gold's is an international business so how, exactly, do you think this place that only have a few dumbbells and a Universal gym in it is going to shut down internationally known Gold's Gym?"

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Get out of there mate. I used to train in a gym like that when I first started lifting, its 5mins from me. After realising what a bunch of twats it was full of, I got myself out of there asap.

I now drive 25mins to my gym 5-6 times a week to train myself and clients. Hardore gym with no TV's. Old school. Full of bodybuilders. A handful of women (who look like f*cking men becuase of AAS) aswell.

LOL.... I don't doubt it.... sounds like you!
    just please dont be a stoker....lol

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    most guys arent going to like this post bet hey,

you guys make fun of the gyms with the tv's and the Pilate's classes and smoothie bars. All the cheesy crap. Know why they are all over? Because they make $$. Thats the stuff people want so thats what they open. If they were crap they wouldn't spend millions to open 1 new location.

The hardcore gyms dont make shit. Thats why there is 1 here or there. The reason they have old equipment. Because they cant afford new shit.

A gym is a business like anything else.

Pizza night or social thing is a great idea. My gym had a night with beer, wine, some food and music. alot of you guys dont like the bar scene so this is perfect. You get to socialise with people that are into working out and have fun. You dont have to eat the pizza or drink. Lighten up. None of you are professional bodybuilders. relax

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    just please dont be a stoker....lol
    LOL... fuk man I have no time to stalk anyone... I mean I've tried it before and it just never worked out.... fukin GF and job kept gettin in the way! :P

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    most guys arent going to like this post bet hey,

you guys make fun of the gyms with the tv's and the Pilate's classes and smoothie bars. All the cheesy crap. Know why they are all over? Because they make $$. Thats the stuff people want so thats what they open. If they were crap they wouldn't spend millions to open 1 new location.

The hardcore gyms dont make shit. Thats why there is 1 here or there. The reason they have old equipment. Because they cant afford new shit.

A gym is a business like anything else.

Pizza night or social thing is a great idea. My gym had a night with beer, wine, some food and music. alot of you guys dont like the bar scene so this is perfect. You get to socialise with people that are into working out and have fun. You dont have to eat the pizza or drink. Lighten up. None of you are professional bodybuilders. relax

I'm not gonna lie.... that post made 100% sense... Tough to argue with that. I still agree that I dislike some behaviour in the gyms but Gixxer hit the nail on the head.... and the social idea is pretty good if you think about it....

Fuk Gixxer I was gettin all worked up reading this thread wanting to rant.... I got to your post and now I ain't got shit to say..... you Bastard!

LOL... fuk man I have no time to stalk anyone... I mean I've tried it before and it just never worked out.... fukin GF and job kept gettin in the way! :P
    OMG rahul is that you????
    on a really serious Note does ur GF has a sister who is not bi-polar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information