3 11.11%
  • Georgia

4 14.81%
  • Florida State

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

College Football

any predictions on who will win it all in 2004 in college D1 football???

>>Go Nittany Lions<<

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    go riders

Oklahoma vs USC Usc gets owned because they don't know what its like to play a team that has a defense. Any team that does anything in any bowls should have an asterik besides their name if they are a pac 10 school.

Teams in the sec will beat each other up. The same with the big 10. The big 12 I dont think it matters oklahoma is a stacked deck. Watch out for West Virginia. Miami and va tech gone out of the big east there is no competition and they are a tough ass team this year.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 08-09-2004 at 10:28 PM.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Lsu.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Oklahoma vs USC Usc gets owned because they don't know what its like to play a team that has a defense. Any team that does anything in any bowls should have an asterik besides their name if they are a pac 10 school.

Teams in the sec will beat each other up. The same with the big 10. The big 12 I dont think it matters oklahoma is a stacked deck. Watch out for West Virginia. Miami and va tech gone out of the big east there is no competition and they are a tough ass team this year.
    And which member of Oklahoma's secondary do you suppose is going to "own", a certain Trojan receiver named Mike Williams, a.k.a. "Jesus"?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    My georgia bulldogs are gonna spank that azzz

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    penn state only because all my bros went there, and i had apartment at the main campus with them for a semester and a half cause i wanted a place to sleep and got tired of sleeping on there floors lol. i had 2 homes that nice little time, very very fun, thats all im gonna say

jcstomper, that is a bad ass tattoo!

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Ga Bulldogs biatch....hellz to the yeah

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Go Canes!!

OG

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Go longhorns that quaterback is the truth.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    trojans again

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Mu Tigers Biaches

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Go Canes!!

OG
    Werd

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    And which member of Oklahoma's secondary do you suppose is going to "own", a certain Trojan receiver named Mike Williams, a.k.a. "Jesus"?

Last time I checked he wasnt on the team. Regardless, if they have have four Mike Williams's on the team and there is a better chance of Oklahoma shutting them down then usc's defense shutting down Oklahoma.

Btw, Donte Nicholson,Antonio Perkins,Brodney Pool,Eric Bassey. Not to mention Lance Mitchell at linebacker. Second rated db unit in the nation(behind lsu).

That brings up the question who in USC's pac 10 secondary could stop Mark Clayton? Not the mention the best offensive line in the nation.Second rated defensive line in the nation (lsu).Returning heisman trophy winner at qb. I'm not even an okie's fan but they are going to be pretty rugged to compete with.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 08-10-2004 at 12:40 PM.

Last time I checked he wasnt on the team. Regardless, if they have have four Mike Williams's on the team and there is a better chance of Oklahoma shutting them down then usc's defense shutting down Oklahoma.
    Oklahoma will never shut down USC's offense. They have a great QB, 3 very solid RBs, and a huge fullback that is also a stud. Their OL is as good as anyone in the nation, and Mike Williams will be playing this year, you can count on that. And you need to give their defense a little more credit. You especially need to watch SS Darnell Bing. He can lay the hat to say the least.

Btw, Donte Nicholson,Antonio Perkins,Brodney Pool,Eric Bassey. Not to mention Lance Mitchell at linebacker. Second rated db unit in the nation(behind lsu).
    Well we will se how the SECOND best secondary unit does against the MOST lethal passing attack. Sounds like you didnt watch any USC games last year.
    They also have a plethera of sophomore WR that will be deadly this year. With Colbert out of the picture, that leaves Steve Smith and Whitney Lewis to step up (rated the #1 and #2 WRs out of HS in 2003). And for the second year in a row their recruiting class was rated #1.

Oklahoma will never shut down USC's offense. They have a great QB, 3 very solid RBs, and a huge fullback that is also a stud. Their OL is as good as anyone in the nation, and Mike Williams will be playing this year, you can count on that. And you need to give their defense a little more credit. You especially need to watch SS Darnell Bing. He can lay the hat to say the least.
    I can name at least 7 or 8 offensive lines right off the top of my head that are better then usc. I'm not saying they arent going to be a great team. Especially playin in the pac 10. Week in week out face it,for a pac 10 school its much easier then a sec or big 10 school. The competition is tight whereas even in the big 12 its not that great now. At least you can name a few great teams in the big 12 besides Oklahoma. Whereas, saying WSU or Cal is a great team is strictly here say.

Anyone can have a good year in the pac 10. The biggest problem for a team like usc is total lack of competition. Which might be great for the season. But bowl time comes and you have to see a defense its going to be a little different. I'll bypass the Cal/Usc game last year simply because sometimes you lose. Any team can.

USC does have a great dline and lb corp,but not at the defensive back position.Which in the pac 10 means a lot. Although I can't see any team beating them in the pac 10 other then by fluke. Even with Mike Williams back (which it prolly will happen) the rest of the wr are not exactly spectacular. Matt leinart is a great qb from what i've seen of him. I will say seeing Reggie Bush run the ball behind Lee Webb (id say thats the huge fullback ur talking about) would be more productive then typical pass,pass,pass.

Well we will se how the SECOND best secondary unit does against the MOST lethal passing attack. Sounds like you didnt watch any USC games last year.
    They also have a plethera of sophomore WR that will be deadly this year. With Colbert out of the picture, that leaves Steve Smith and Whitney Lewis to step up (rated the #1 and #2 WRs out of HS in 2003). And for the second year in a row their recruiting class was rated #1.

I guess we will see if both teams get there. Okies may only have the "SECOND" best db corp in the nation but from what I can recall USC wasnt even in the top 10.

took the words right out of my mouth

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Aww, look at my fellow trojans...they finally showed up...I have had to defend the trojans the past few years here at AR...now i got some back up...lmao...

I will not even respond to the midwest football fans...they think they are the only "powerhouse" in NCAA....well, all i can say is welcome to trojan ball...bring it! Okie's suck....LSU will be the only team USC has to fear! This is going to be the decade of the trojans...you all better buy some condoms...cause Trojans always have the best defense...oh yeah, and the best offense!

Fight on!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Aww, look at my fellow trojans...they finally showed up...I have had to defend the trojans the past few years here at AR...now i got some back up...lmao...

I will not even respond to the midwest football fans...they think they are the only "powerhouse" in NCAA....well, all i can say is welcome to trojan ball...bring it! Okie's suck....LSU will be the only team USC has to fear! This is going to be the decade of the trojans...you all better buy some condoms...cause Trojans always have the best defense...oh yeah, and the best offense!

Fight on!
    and if they let mike williams back, its all over 11-0, dirtdawg's predictons, and i dont want to hear any sh*t about the pac 10, every conferece has its poor and mediocre teams, 2 in a row baby, its on butch and jdawg

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    The pac 10 will be back...in the nineties we (pac 10) was awesome...no other conference could compete...we are coming back...****, even call was ranked 15th...not bad for going 1-10 last year....with the one win being againist National Champs....

Oh yeah Dirtdawg....it's on!

I can name at least 7 or 8 offensive lines right off the top of my head that are better then usc. I'm not saying they arent going to be a great team. Especially playin in the pac 10. Week in week out face it,for a pac 10 school its much easier then a sec or big 10 school. The competition is tight whereas even in the big 12 its not that great now. At least you can name a few great teams in the big 12 besides Oklahoma. Whereas, saying WSU or Cal is a great team is strictly here say.

Anyone can have a good year in the pac 10. The biggest problem for a team like usc is total lack of competition. Which might be great for the season. But bowl time comes and you have to see a defense its going to be a little different. I'll bypass the Cal/Usc game last year simply because sometimes you lose. Any team can.

USC does have a great dline and lb corp,but not at the defensive back position.Which in the pac 10 means a lot. Although I can't see any team beating them in the pac 10 other then by fluke. Even with Mike Williams back (which it prolly will happen) the rest of the wr are not exactly spectacular. Matt leinart is a great qb from what i've seen of him. I will say seeing Reggie Bush run the ball behind Lee Webb (id say thats the huge fullback ur talking about) would be more productive then typical pass,pass,pass.
    The fullback I was atlking about was Hancock, but I remembered hes out for the season with a fukd up knee. The other receivers ARE spectacular, trust me. Smith and Lewis are for real, both from socal and i got to see them play in high school. Liek you said it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    and if they let mike williams back, its all over 11-0, dirtdawg's predictons, and i dont want to hear any sh*t about the pac 10, every conferece has its poor and mediocre teams, 2 in a row baby, its on butch and jdawg

I agree every conference does have mediocre teams. Most of them don't have mediocre conferences. When your top team is letting up 350 yards of offense a game thats not really impressive. Thats why they didnt play in the BCS last year. Not because they may or may not have been the best team. It's because of a horrid conference. If TCU dominates they shouldn't be in a seroius bowl game because of Conference USA.

Same with the pac 10. Schedule serious non conference games to learn respect. Usc did beat a highly overranked auburn last year in the opener. This year they have a torn apart Va Tech to make things easier for them Marcus Vick is gone for the year. Keep in mind also for the benefits of poor scheduling the bcs eliminated SOS. Which will seroiusly help teams that play "mediocre" teams all year long.

There were a lot of people that actually believed Oklahoma could compete with NFL teams last year until the Kstate game. Then they "dont deserve to be there" because they lost to a quality team!

If USC drops a game,then it will be the same thing. Everyone riding the bandwagon will jump off and jump on whoever is winning.

I'll say this. Oklahoma may not be able to stop Usc with overall prolly the best defensive unit in the country,but where does that leave USC trying to stop Oklahoma? Oklahoma has more of a chance of stopping a team like USC simply based on talent and numbers. USC may have a great defense but its no where near some of the other teams around the country. Then it may be a little tougher beating Oklahoma then a pac 10 team.

Whenever USC wins its a win,but it wont be dynasty until they play quality teams. That will never change. No matter who likes it or who doesnt. I wouldnt be suprised if a "playoff" type of system was plugged in with 10 years or so and some of the 2,3,4,5 teams would get knocked off fast. I hope that day comes and we can truely see who is the best team. When you have to play week in and week out quality teams. Not blowouts and rest your entire team for the next week while tough conferences fight for a win, and are hurt,tired and mentally worn by the next week.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 08-10-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    The pac 10 will be back...in the nineties we (pac 10) was awesome...no other conference could compete...we are coming back...****, even call was ranked 15th...not bad for going 1-10 last year....with the one win being againist National Champs....

Oh yeah Dirtdawg....it's on!

It will honestly take a lot to convince people that are not within the pac 10 to believe that. You get an asterik number one and a 15 and that just means its improving. Sec and Big Ten produce muliple talented teams,that play each other every week. Beat each other to death and have to live with the injuires. Not a 40 point lead and rest your starters after the second quarter for next week. USC,yes i agree is a great team. Cal is prolly going to get even better this year. Other then that I can't say much for the conference in itself.

we all know that the best football conferences are:
    #1 Big 10
    #2 Big 12
    #3 Big East
    #4 Acc
    #5 COnference USA
    #6 Independents
    #7 Pac-10

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    #1 Big 10
    #2 Big 12
    #3 Big East
    #4 Acc
    #5 COnference USA
    #6 Independents
    #7 Pac-10
    dude if thats your best... you must have been a band geek all thru life..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    dude if thats your best... you must have been a band geek all thru life..
    or a soccer player

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    My georgia bulldogs are gonna spank that azzz
    you might actually be very right...they have a ton of seniors...like the QB greene....bullgods will be LSU's main competition in the SEC

#1 Big 10
    #2 Big 12
    #3 Big East
    #4 Acc
    #5 COnference USA
    #6 Independents
    #7 Pac-10
    are you for f*cking real dude? and what about the SEC..........????????

oh my bad SEC is good too, i was just trying to make point that Pac-10 sucks monkey ballz

decadbal is offline Banned
    acc is the hardest con.. none of the other teams could hold up to FSU and miami..

No particular order but Big ten,Sec,ACC,and the big 12 could all make legit cases in being the toughest conference. To chose one would tough. I'd prolly lean towards the SEC.

Criticize it all you want, all I know is that the Pac10 holds the best team in the land!!! Say what you will, but they WILL repeat as national champions.

oh my bad SEC is good too, i was just trying to make point that Pac-10 sucks monkey ballz
    ohhh, i forgot about the oldest conference in america

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    acc is the hardest con.. none of the other teams could hold up to FSU and miami..
    Deca , your killing me man, your killing me!

michigan baby!!!!ann arbor isnt a whore,your a whore!

bubbathegut is offline Member
    USC? this has to be a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    USC? this has to be a joke..
    joke? they have a decent amount of returners, including a great QB and the best receiver in the nation, to go alon with their #1 rated recruiting class for the second year in a row.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information