Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I know what your saying bro, But would you concied that if they will let her have direct contact with patients a an LPN, which can do a lot of the things an RN can do.. she could do just as much harm... She passed her boards, and she graduated from school....

chances is offline Associate Member
    That's just it. As an LPN, she's not allowed to do most of the things an RN can medically. She may have the knowledge, but she won't be allowed to use that knowledge. She can monitor vitals, move patients around, change linens, bring meals, bathe patients, act as a recorder, etc. Pretty inocuous stuff.

Sure if she was malicious or looking to kill people, she could as an LPN. But accidentally killing someone is going to be highly unlikely because of the fact that the RN is responsible for making sure the LPNs under their supervision do not make mistakes that could hurt someone. She could go outside her scope of practice and kill someone, but her life would be over at that point. She'd be paying every cent she made for the rest of her life to that patient's family. Regardless, I see your point and I would just say that due to her appeal and her record, she was given the benefit of the doubt by the board and given the opportunity to continue working as an LPN until she finished her classes. She apparently was viewed as a non-risk as an LPN and they just want to make sure all the ducks are in a row before giving her the RN.

I know it may not seem to make sense, but like I said, letting her continue as an LPN is a sign of faith by the board. They could have yanked both at the same time and screwed her completely.

chance

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    That's just it. As an LPN, she's not allowed to do most of the things an RN can medically. She may have the knowledge, but she won't be allowed to use that knowledge. She can monitor vitals, move patients around, change linens, bring meals, bathe patients, act as a recorder, etc. Pretty inocuous stuff.

Sure if she was malicious or looking to kill people, she could as an LPN. But accidentally killing someone is going to be highly unlikely because of the fact that the RN is responsible for making sure the LPNs under their supervision do not make mistakes that could hurt someone. She could go outside her scope of practice and kill someone, but her life would be over at that point. She'd be paying every cent she made for the rest of her life to that patient's family. Regardless, I see your point and I would just say that due to her appeal and her record, she was given the benefit of the doubt by the board and given the opportunity to continue working as an LPN until she finished her classes. She apparently was viewed as a non-risk as an LPN and they just want to make sure all the ducks are in a row before giving her the RN.

I know it may not seem to make sense, but like I said, letting her continue as an LPN is a sign of faith by the board. They could have yanked both at the same time and screwed her completely.

chance
    The hospital is going to allow her to do just about everything but IV's.... I would consider that pretty dangerious if shes a "Threat"... anyways bro, you obviously disagree with me... so lets just leave it at that. I think she deserves and and most of my bros do too..
    Thanks for your input... but I disagree

chances is offline Associate Member
    No problem, I am glad everything is working out.

chance

Ty bro

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    It sucks to hear that bro-good luck with your wife/life and the school- consequences of some actions are hard to bear- but that is one thing that is stressed in most professional programs (epecially medical programs) is no booze/no arrests/no domestic violence!

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Oh man **** that **** my mom got her liscense but has never drank
    are did anything of that sort in her life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information