View Poll Results: Who wins the Orange Bowl????

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oklahoma

19 57.58%
  • USC

14 42.42%
  • I have no idea! Its too close to call!

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Seriously, this strength of schedule argument is bull****. Each school has played 3 ranked teams, And USC was the only team of the top 3 to defeat 2 top 10 teams. And also the Pac-10 is not as strong as other conferences because the recruiting of west coast players is very competitive. Its not like anyone has a lock on any one region like they do out there. Also, when you have 2 historically successful football programs in the same city, it is pretty much a given that they will share talent. You guys should be thanking the lord. Can you imagine if USC was the only school in Los Angeles?

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Seriously, this strength of schedule argument is bull****. Each school has played 3 ranked teams, And USC was the only team of the top 3 to defeat 2 top 10 teams. And also the Pac-10 is not as strong as other conferences because the recruiting of west coast players is very competitive. Its not like anyone has a lock on any one region like they do out there. Also, when you have 2 historically successful football programs in the same city, it is pretty much a given that they will share talent. You guys should be thanking the lord. Can you imagine if USC was the only school in Los Angeles?
    Good point!

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I agree, the PAC 10 blows. Have USC come play the type of schedule that the average SEC or Big 12 teams play week in and week out. To go undefeated in the SEC or the Big 12, and then not be in the National Championship game is just a crime and it is wrong. USC will get demolished on the 4th. If OU doesn't beat them by at least 2 touchdowns, I'll be very disappointed in OU.
    Didnt WSU beat Texas last year in a bowl game? Go cougs

Thats for **** sure!

Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    lol like i said....sweetboy leinhart is going to be smashed by our big ass line....as we all saw in the ucla game....if u get any amount of pressure on him at all, he cant do ****....im sorry but USC is not going to win
    Yeah but that was a city rivalry game...anything happens. Having played against USC at WSU a few years back (and gottn schooled) they are f***** DEEP, fast, big and good. USC by 6.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Seriously, this strength of schedule argument is bull****. Each school has played 3 ranked teams, And USC was the only team of the top 3 to defeat 2 top 10 teams.
    WRONG.

Auburn played 4 top ten ranked teams through out the course of their season. And beat all of them decidedly.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas67
    Yeah but that was a city rivalry game...anything happens. Having played against USC at WSU a few years back (and gottn schooled) they are f***** DEEP, fast, big and good. USC by 6.
    A man who can speak from experience....

By the way, Oregon St. beat Notre Dame last night...so far we're 1-1.

WRONG.

Auburn played 4 top ten ranked teams through out the course of their season. And beat all of them decidedly.
    the only rankings that really matter are the end of season rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Okay, okay...but we need to examin OU's schedule this year:

Sat, Sep 4 Bowling Green W 40-24
    Sat, Sep 11 Houston W 63-13
    Sat, Sep 18 Oregon W 31-7
    Sat, Oct 2 (23) Texas Tech W 28-13
    Sat, Oct 9 (6) Texas W 12-0
    Sat, Oct 16 at Kansas State W 31-21
    Sat, Oct 23 Kansas W 41-10
    Sat, Oct 30 at Oklahoma State W 38-35
    Sat, Nov 6 at (22) Texas A&M W 42-35
    Sat, Nov 13 Nebraska W 30-3
    Sat, Nov 20 at Baylor W 35-0
    Sat, Dec 4 Colorado W 42-3

Now that was a tough one...lmao....

Now Auburns

Sat, Sep 4 Louisiana-Monroe W 31-0 --
    Sat, Sep 11 at Mississippi State W 43-14 --
    Sat, Sep 18 (12) LSU W 10-9 --
    Sat, Sep 25 Citadel W 33-3 --
    Sat, Oct 2 at (15) Tennessee W 34-10 --
    Sat, Oct 9 Louisiana Tech W 52-7 --
    Sat, Oct 16 Arkansas W 38-20 --
    Sat, Oct 23 Kentucky W 42-10 --
    Sat, Oct 30 at Mississippi W 35-14 --
    Sat, Nov 13 (8) Georgia W 24-6 --
    Sat, Nov 20 at Alabama W 21-13 --
    Sat, Dec 4 at (15) Tennessee W 38-28

Yikes...another tough one. The way I see it is no one team had a more difficult schedule than the other....OU and USC both played top 25 ranked teams and Auburn played 4.

Like I have said before...a week from today we'll find out who is the best. I am sorry I cannot agree with your arguement on how weak the Pac 10 is...

If you honestly laughed at those schedules..I'm sure you fell over when you looked at USC/Cal's schedules...I'm a fan of none of these teams..Totally un biased as far as the teams go...but if you can find me four teams on USC's schedules that is better then Tennessee(2),Georgia,flordia and Lsu then I could see how you think their schedule is weak...That's FIVE games against top 25 teams who at the time were even HIGHER ranked..and still are ranked..

the only rankings that really matter are the end of season rankings.
    Obviously untrue. The only reason the USC is ranked where they are now is because of their previous season. They did nothing this year that warranted their top ranking. Yes they were undefeated, but against a season full of mediocre teams. they only reason they weren't taken out of their top ranking is because most voters will not drop a team a position if they continue to win.

At least say thank you for the gift USC was given this year. They definetely don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    If you honestly laughed at those schedules..I'm sure you fell over when you looked at USC/Cal's schedules...I'm a fan of none of these teams..Totally un biased as far as the teams go...but if you can find me four teams on USC's schedules that is better then Tennessee(2),Georgia,flordia and Lsu then I could see how you think their schedule is weak...That's FIVE games against top 25 teams who at the time were even HIGHER ranked..and still are ranked..
    bro get real.....USC has beaten 2 top 10 teams, have OU or Auburn done that? No. And you cant count tennessee twice, its the same team bro. Anyone else beaten a top 5 team?

Obviously untrue. The only reason the USC is ranked where they are now is because of their previous season. They did nothing this year that warranted their top ranking. Yes they were undefeated, but against a season full of mediocre teams. they only reason they weren't taken out of their top ranking is because most voters will not drop a team a position if they continue to win.

At least say thank you for the gift USC was given this year. They definetely don't deserve it.
    LOL!!!!!! They did nothing to warrant their top ranking? How bout going undefeated, beating 2 top 10 teams and having the#1 ranked recruiting class for the second straight year?!?! They have the heisman trophy winner and the most explosive player in college football. How could you put them anywhere else?

bro get real.....USC has beaten 2 top 10 teams, have OU or Auburn done that? No. And you cant count tennessee twice, its the same team bro. Anyone else beaten a top 5 team?
    Where are you getting your info???? Auburn beat 4 top ten ranked teams this year.

notus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    If USC loses fair and square...then I have no qualms admitting OU is the best team in the country...however, as I see it now USC is the best team...which this will all be decided on the 4th. OU has great speed in their back...but Bush is no slouch himself...and lendale is just as good. If USC can hold the line the Leinart will have no problem. He has some young and fast recievers. This will be one hell of a game!

I sure hope it is a great game. Of course i am pulling for OU. I am currently in Sri Lanka so I have to have friend record it and send the tape to me so I will not know who won a week or so after them game.

With all due respect to you Jdawg, to say that just because you've beat a team once that it shouldn't count because you beat them twice is insane. If for some reason USC played Cal in the national title game this year that's saying the game shouldn't be played because USC had beaten them already.

IMO, it does makes a difference at the time you played the team. USC beat Va tech when they were playing at their worst. Now they are a 9 seed. At the time of the victories LSU was #5, Tennessee was #10 and Georgia was #8.

I suppose of Va Tech beats Auburn (which is totally possible) then USC is better then auburn because they beat them right? You can make a case that USC is a hell of a team. You can say they are going to murder OU,and i'm not going to say yes or no either way because yes they are a great team,and it's totally possible that they will win,but you will never convince me that USC's schedule is better then auburn or oklahoma. Nor that the pac 10 is competitive.

With that being said. I think everyone who posts in this thread should agree after the game they aren't going to whine about any of the calls or swear they would have won if one call or play would have went different. There is nothing worse they a belly aching,complaining sore loser.....This goes both ways of course..I'll say my piece regardless of who wins or loses,but won't whine. It won't bother me considering i'm a fan of neither.

Where are you getting your info???? Auburn beat 4 top ten ranked teams this year.
    Ok, if they have beaten 4 top 10 teams, name them.....

1 USC 1 1 2 .9770 1
    2 Oklahoma 2 2 1 .9681 2
    3 Auburn 3 3 3 .9331 3
    4 Texas 6 5 4 .8476 5
    5 California 4 4 6 .8347 4
    6 Utah 5 6 5 .8181 6
    7 Georgia 8 7 8 .6966 7
    8 Virginia Tech 9 9 9 .6712 12
    9 Boise State 10 10 7 .6564 8
    10 Louisville 7 8 13 .6490 9
    11 LSU 12 11 9 .6109 11
    12 Iowa 11 13 12 .5553 13
    13 Michigan 13 12 17 .5058 14
    14 Miami 14 14 14 .4705 10
    15 Tennessee 15 17 14 .4057 15
    16 Florida State 17 15 21 .3466 16
    17 Wisconsin 16 16 20 .3439 17
    18 Virginia 18 18 18 .2983 18
    19 Arizona State 21 24 11 .2700 19
    20 Texas A&M 22 25 16 .2225 20
    21 Pittsburgh 19 20 NR .1546 23
    22 Texas Tech 23 21 22 .1489 21
    23 Florida 20 19 NR .1375 22
    24 Oklahoma State 32 28 19 .0943 24
    25 Ohio State 24 22 NR .0847 25

With all due respect to you Jdawg, to say that just because you've beat a team once that it shouldn't count because you beat them twice is insane. If for some reason USC played Cal in the national title game this year that's saying the game shouldn't be played because USC had beaten them already.

IMO, it does makes a difference at the time you played the team. USC beat Va tech when they were playing at their worst. Now they are a 9 seed. At the time of the victories LSU was #5, Tennessee was #10 and Georgia was #8.

I suppose of Va Tech beats Auburn (which is totally possible) then USC is better then auburn because they beat them right? You can make a case that USC is a hell of a team. You can say they are going to murder OU,and i'm not going to say yes or no either way because yes they are a great team,and it's totally possible that they will win,but you will never convince me that USC's schedule is better then auburn or oklahoma. Nor that the pac 10 is competitive.

Ive never said USC has a tougher schedule. Im saying that Auburn and OU dont have that much of a tougher one. And saying that USC played Virginia tech when they were at their worst is the most bias comment Ive ever heard you make. They went on to outscore their opponents 104-17 in the next two weeks and you say they were playing bad football? They beat West Virginia 2 weeks later, but they were playing bad football? Makes sense .
    The Pac 10 has 3 top 20 teams, including #5 and #1. By your standards, Notre Dame beat 2 top 10 teams, including Tennessee, which auburn beat twice. Oregon State kicked the **** out of Notre Dame. They also lost to LSU by 1 point in a game they should have won. But the pac 10 isnt competitive, you're right.

He said they have beaten 4 top 10 teams, when in fact they have beaten 3 by his measure of thinking. Correct me if I am wrong, but Tennessee is the same team as Tennessee.

He said they have beaten 4 top 10 teams, when in fact they have beaten 3 by his measure of thinking. Correct me if I am wrong, but Tennessee is the same team as Tennessee.

I wasnt going by anything he said...I said Fla,Ga,Lsu,Tenn(2)...Techically no it's not 5 teams,but at the same time if you honestly think that beating Tennessee twice isn't something worth mentioning,then we aren't even close to being on the same page.

Almost anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. I even gave Usc the benefit of a doubt last year when they lost to cal. I've seen USC play. I'm sure I haven't watched them as much as you have,because I don't get many west coast games out here. I seen them when they played great and I seen the stanford game. Any team is gonna have their dr.Jeckyl Mr hide days.

Any time you start the year in the pac 10 you should know you are going to have to play a tough ooc game. You said that their schedule wasn't better then OK,or aub,and thats all I wanted to read. Now while I agree the okie's schedule isn't much to brag about at the same time at least they convincingly beat texas. I'm not sure if you watched that game but oklahoma flat out beat them too death. Texas is a hell of a team but who knows who showed up to play that day.

The teams that play the toughest schedules simply don't make it to the national title game,because of that and lack of talent. Somewhere regardless of what team you like or don't like you have to admit that when a team runs the SEC and doesn't make a run for the title something is wrong.

I could careless if va tech beats auburn by 70 it changes nothing. I think a lot of people would be relieved to see it though. Don't quote me because i'm not going to waste the time of looking it up but according to espn I believe the scheduling was something like auburn 16# oklahoma 21# USC 31#..Like I said I could be wrong,because i'm going off of distant memory. I'd be suprised if you could dig up a poll that had the trojans ahead of either.

Sos stopped mattering because it wasn't counted 3 times like it was last year only two. Which is bull****,because to me thats saying schedule noone all year long and go undefeated and get in for a title. IF that was the case then Utah and boise state should have been right behind auburn.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 12-30-2004 at 07:08 PM.

Ok, if they have beaten 4 top 10 teams, name them.....
    LSU
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Tennessee

If you think that the same team played twice doesn't count, you are just dumb.

***edit***
    Forgot about Florida. So that makes 5 top ten teams.
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 12-30-2004 at 08:12 PM.

I wasnt going by anything he said...I said Fla,Ga,Lsu,Tenn(2)...Techically no it's not 5 teams,but at the same time if you honestly think that beating Tennessee twice isn't something worth mentioning,then we aren't even close to being on the same page.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Florida.

**** Jdawg, you are seriously on the losing end of this arguement.

Cal just got owned......................Texas Tech is at best the 3rd best team in the big 12. So much for that credible win by Usc.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Florida.

**** Jdawg, you are seriously on the losing end of this arguement.
    Who played Florida, and since when are they a top 10 team?

Now I want you to take a LONG, HARD LOOK AT THIS LIST.......AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN ALL THE TIME YOU NEED, TELL ME WHICH TOP 10 TEAMS THEY HAVE BEATEN....I WILL TAKE THE LIBERTY TO PUT THE TOP 10 IN BOLD FOR YOU......

1 USC 1 1 2 .9770 1
    2 Oklahoma 2 2 1 .9681 2
    3 Auburn 3 3 3 .9331 3
    4 Texas 6 5 4 .8476 5
    6 Utah 5 6 5 .8181 6
    7 Georgia 8 7 8 .6966 7

11 LSU 12 11 9 .6109 11

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Wink

Cal just got owned.
    That they did.

Texas Tech is at best the 3rd best team in the big 12. So much for that credible win by Usc.
    Don't forget A&M, who was tied with Tech for third. Wouldn't want to disrespect the Aggies. :spudniklu
    Last edited by Slick Arrado; 12-31-2004 at 01:17 PM.

SwollSooner315 is offline Junior Member
    ok lets see....usc should have lost to cal....and cal gets owned by a 23 ranked texas tech....yeah good job usc! aside from osu losing to ohio...the big 12 is going to dominate the bowl games this year

Who played Florida, and since when are they a top 10 team?

Now I want you to take a LONG, HARD LOOK AT THIS LIST.......AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN ALL THE TIME YOU NEED, TELL ME WHICH TOP 10 TEAMS THEY HAVE BEATEN....I WILL TAKE THE LIBERTY TO PUT THE TOP 10 IN BOLD FOR YOU......

1 USC 1 1 2 .9770 1
    2 Oklahoma 2 2 1 .9681 2
    3 Auburn 3 3 3 .9331 3
    4 Texas 6 5 4 .8476 5
    6 Utah 5 6 5 .8181 6
    7 Georgia 8 7 8 .6966 7

11 LSU 12 11 9 .6109 11
    How stupid are you. You are seriously trying to twist this info in your direction and it's not working one bit.

Those rankings are the final end of season rankings. Do you think those rankings don't fluctuate during the swason?

Let me clear this up for you.

DURING THE COURSE OF AUBURN'S REGULAR SEASON, THEY BEAT FIVE THEN RANKED TOP TEN TEAMS:

LSU
    TENNESSEE
    FLORIDA
    GEORGIA
    TENNESSEE

Do you really not understand waht I'm saying here? Are you that blided by the ****tyness of USC? Get it through your head, USC blows, and they are going to get owned by OU, which is not much better than USC.

Auburn is by far the best team in the nation this year. END OF STORY.

Those rankings are the final end of season rankings. Do you think those rankings don't fluctuate during the swason?

Auburn is by far the best team in the nation this year. END OF STORY.
    OMG, think about it for a second. The end of season rankings are the only ones that matter. I remember a few years back I went to see UCLA play #3 Alabama on opening day. UCLA beat the crap out of them, and I thought they were gonna have a great year. Turns out, Bama went on to start the season 0-3, And UCLA didnt fare much better. Would you think it was fair to say that UCLA, who ended up around .500, beat a top 5 team? HELL NO!!! Rankings are BS to begin with. Auburn started the season at #18, therefore they cant be the best team in the nation.....ridiculous...... Rankings fluctuate for a reason, because it turns out teams arent as good as origionally thoght, so to say that auburn beat teams that people origionally thought were top 10 caliber is one thing, but to say they beat 5 top 10 teams is innacurate. Did Auburn even play Floriday? And if they did, I can name 22 teams in college football that are better than the gators. Far from top 10 bro.....

ok lets see....usc should have lost to cal....and cal gets owned by a 23 ranked texas tech....yeah good job usc! aside from osu losing to ohio...the big 12 is going to dominate the bowl games this year
    Hmmmm....Lets see......Notre Dame beat Tennessee, Tennessee barely lost to Auburn, USC beat the living phuck out of Notre Dame, therefore USC would beat Auburn pretty badly......

Its not algebra bro, its football.....theres a little more to it than if a>b, and b>c,
    then a>c

Hmmmm....Lets see......Notre Dame beat Tennessee, Tennessee barely lost to Auburn, USC beat the living phuck out of Notre Dame, therefore USC would beat Auburn pretty badly......

Its not algebra bro, its football.....theres a little more to it than if a>b, and b>c,
    then a>c

One of the biggest misconceptions of sports period....Sit down for a second...Grab your computer desk and a bottle of pills...... I agree with you.

One of the biggest misconceptions of sports period....Sit down for a second...Grab your computer desk and a bottle of pills...... I agree with you.
    best news ive heard all day....

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Bro's I'm just anxious for the game. Let that decide the arguement.

lol dont even try to lecture me on college football man

lol dont even try to lecture me on college football man
    I thought youd need it with a comment like that

haha thats fine just keep running ur mouth....lets see what u have to say after the game

haha thats fine just keep running ur mouth....lets see what u have to say after the game
    I never said USC was gonna win.....My friend plays for USC so Id like to see them win, that way he can share a ring with me when we go out and party...

I never said USC was gonna win.....My friend plays for USC so Id like to see them win, that way he can share a ring with me when we go out and party...
    Is he your boyfriend? Are you two going to share it like you do your class ring with a girlfriend in HS?

Is he your boyfriend? Are you two going to share it like you do your class ring with a girlfriend in HS?
    No, its just that I dont feel comfortable wearing the ring your mom gave me ever since I told her to **** off. And tell her not to pull the "Im pregnant" bull**** again like she did last time.....

realer is offline Associate Member

man that doesnt sound right. i mean, i know what your tring to say, but it still sounds kinda gay. man, you left yourself open with that statement.

No, its just that I dont feel comfortable wearing the ring your mom gave me ever since I told her to **** off. And tell her not to pull the "Im pregnant" bull**** again like she did last time.....
    Wow, that looks like you wrote it down a few times just to practice it before you typed it. Then even when you typed it, it still sounds stupid. You are a real winner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information