Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hed
    Here we go:

whoever said your 1998 mustang would own a friggin M3, i laugh. 94-98 mustangs were slow as balls, even the 5.0/4.6's. M3's run in the territory of LS1's, meaning 13.3ish stock. What other car can you get a 13.3 out of, and still cruise around in total luxury? Not a 225hp mustang...........

Out of all the cars mentioned, id rock the M3 the most.

lol, whatever you say bro, Ive smoked a 2004 m3, and a 2003 m3. one was my friends car and we raced about 4 times, i won every time. Quick off the line, but they dont pull very hard. MY friend with the M3 also has a GT3, and thats the only car that i have lost to.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice stang man...what's the HP/torque at? what year is it? 4.6 or 5?

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    JDawg, the cobra does make a difference fo sho. But even the cobras run like 13.7'ish with a sick driver. Basic boltons and slicks at the track will put it about even with an M3. But unless you have some serious **** done to it (valvetrain work, forced induction, spray), im calling total BS on you 'smoking' a 2004 M3, unless the driver of the M3 totally cant drive for dick.

JDawg, the cobra does make a difference fo sho. But even the cobras run like 13.7'ish with a sick driver. Basic boltons and slicks at the track will put it about even with an M3. But unless you have some serious **** done to it (valvetrain work, forced induction, spray), im calling total BS on you 'smoking' a 2004 M3, unless the driver of the M3 totally cant drive for dick.
    Yea Im still trying to figure it out.. the 04 M3 is light, putting around 330 hp and 260 Torque and geared nicely! it would be a close race.. My brothers friend had an M3 and it was walking all over ws6's etc

when I raced the 04 we were both feathering at about 45 mph. He took off first, and about 5 seconds later, i was passing him up. There is really no skill involved in that at all. My friend has an 03, and has gone to the bmw driving school. hes a pretty good driver. Look at the stock times of the Cobra. Off the line I admit I am slow as $hit, even tho I can launch pretty well. But compare the 0-60 to the 1/4 mile, and you can tell the Cobra has serious pull on it. Not to mention I have a few mods If you want I can send you the video of the race if you dont believe me......

Nworb is offline Associate Member
    2005 mustang w/ interceptor package (4.6 v8 w/supercharger and w/o IRS) owns all of your cars even that m3 and costs less than those silly little wrx sti and evo viiX whatever they are.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    How much do the M3's weigh? (someone said they were really light)

Quote Originally Posted by Nworb
    2005 mustang w/ interceptor package (4.6 v8 w/supercharger and w/o IRS) owns all of your cars even that m3 and costs less than those silly little wrx sti and evo viiX whatever they are.
    Whats the price on it?? specs etc?

giomio is offline New Member
    as a car wiz yeah my 300zx is really heavy, granted the reason im trading it in. too costly each set of tires and the ****er eats them alive daily. its a drift car for sure, it'll take the sti anytime (dynoed at 550rwhp) but that first gear will no grip for the first 50-60 feet.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    silly little wrx sti and evo viiX whatever they are
    lol, whatever they are?? wake up please

RockSolid is offline Banned
    my friend has one and it can smokeeeeeeeeee most M3 the non-modded ones and it is much cheaper and can actually work in snow.

4 wheel drive, turbo charged I drive american muscle but I wouldnt mind getting a rex.

my friend cloned a STi and the car is beautiful. here are the performance modsd.

TurboXs TMIC
    TurboXS blow type H
    TurboXS UTEC
    STI VF39 Turbo
    STI injectors
    walboro fuel pump
    Perrin upipe
    Perrin downpipe
    HKS HI-Power exhaust
    AEM cold air intke

dyno tested at about 370hp

Hed
    where the hell did my post go?

eh, whatever.

JDawg, i believe you man, you got video proof. You said you got some mods, so its definately doable. I still dont think you 'smoked' it, but a win is a win.

As far as Nworb's Interceptor Mustang or whatever, that is not factory. We are talking stock for stock cars here champ. Your 4.6L blown stang, regardless of if its a roots blower or a centrifugal one, runs at most a 12.4 range.

Also, i have a strong feeling you know nothing about cars really, other than specs, because someone saying their car is supercharged and adding that it 'doesnt have IRS (independent rear suspension)' just doesnt make sense. Who cars if it has IRS if you are talking about engine mods? Noone.

And you know what? 'Interceptor' mustang or not, id take a **** M3 over it any day. Its the difference between raw speed in an unrefined car (your mustang), over excellent power for the street in a luxury car (M3).

Anyone can make an aftermarket car fast. But stock for stock, other than the 03 cobra and the Ford GT, ford doesnt make a car that can top the M3.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nworb
    and an indy car owns you, whats your point.....

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Anyone can make an aftermarket car fast. But stock for stock, other than the 03 cobra and the Ford GT, ford doesnt make a car that can top the M3.

Have a nice day.
    While far from being a ford fan i am impressed by the Ford falcon xr6 turbo(limited to NZ and aus i believe) whilst on paper its digits are VERY marginally below the M3 The ford factories over here frequently undercut their own figures and i believe the M3 would get its arse handed to it. But i must stress i am far from being a ford fan.

Now this is me........Its a Holden ,which is owned(one way or another) by GM but only released localy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any WRX owners here?-manta_on_black.jpg  

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    where the hell did my post go?

eh, whatever.

JDawg, i believe you man, you got video proof. You said you got some mods, so its definately doable. I still dont think you 'smoked' it, but a win is a win.

As far as Nworb's Interceptor Mustang or whatever, that is not factory. We are talking stock for stock cars here champ. Your 4.6L blown stang, regardless of if its a roots blower or a centrifugal one, runs at most a 12.4 range.

Also, i have a strong feeling you know nothing about cars really, other than specs, because someone saying their car is supercharged and adding that it 'doesnt have IRS (independent rear suspension)' just doesnt make sense. Who cars if it has IRS if you are talking about engine mods? Noone.

And you know what? 'Interceptor' mustang or not, id take a **** M3 over it any day. Its the difference between raw speed in an unrefined car (your mustang), over excellent power for the street in a luxury car (M3).

Have a nice day.

Do you know what you are talking about? Having an IRS and doing hardcore drag racing are a BAD combo. MUCH better to have a live axel with straight line performance. And where do you get your times? My buddy has a blown 98 GT that runs mid 11's and there are much faster ones out there. My car was all motor and would take anyone of you in a straight line track, then again it was far from stock.

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Do you know what you are talking about? Having an IRS and doing hardcore drag racing are a BAD combo.

That was my exact point if you read my post. The other guy was saying his mustang rocked cause it was blown and had IRS.

Thats just two things you could care less about, and dont go together. IRS is great, if you want a cushy ride and good handeling.

So if im a backroad driver, or auto-x, tell me about your IRS.

Straight line, tell me about your power you make.

Not both.

Get it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information