Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    That is what oil for food was supposed to do but saddam used it to line his pockets.
    Saddam is one evil fukk. I do not think one person would debate the reasoning for him to be taken out of power.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    How about not sactioning medical supplies and parts for water treatment plants? How about having a plan to rebuild their infrastucture? We just did not think that far ahead I guess.

Remember we sanctioned them because of the weapons of mass deception.

Like the Oil for Food program?

Here’s what the man that was in charge of the program thought of its success.

Morning Edition, October 7, 1998 • NPR's Ted Clark reports on a high ranking United Nations official who has resigned in protest over the continuation of UN economic sanctions against Iraq. Until last week, Denis Halliday ran the UN "oil for food" program in Iraq, which allows Iraq to sell a specified amount of oil every six months and use most of the proceeds to buy food and medicine. Halliday says the oil for food program strengthens rather than weakens Saddam Hussein's control over Iraqis, and he favors ending the UN economic sanctions entirely.
    Or the aid given in Mogadishu that was stolen by the tribal leaders and sold to the people?

I think we all know how successful that was.

The insurgents bombing the main water lines is the reason that the Iraqi people don’t have water, not because we didn’t have a plan
    to rebuild their infrastructure
    Remember we sanctioned them because of the weapons of mass deception.
    No the sanctions were imposed because of Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait, and the sanctions were not lifted because of Iraqis refusal to allow the UN’s inspectors to verify that they no longer had weapons of mass destruction.

I’m not saying that Economic Sanctions are the right way to go, but I think that you’ll agree with me that the prospect of War isn’t any more appe****g.

I have no idea why appe****g is a dirty word....

weapons of mass deception
    That’s cute,

How’s that working out for you…..

You know,

Being cute?

Just joking Bro.

Now do you really believe they bombed their own water supply? Or could it be the one of the tens of thousands of bombs we used?

War is not appe****g and I agree. How many more of our soldiers need to die in order for you to feel safe? America business as usual... Democracy... we deliver!

Now do you really believe they bombed their own water supply?

Yes, the last thing the insurgents want is a happy Iraqi people.

The insurgents know that when all of the power and water service is reestablished and there is plenty of food, the Iraqi people will be more willing to accept the occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    The insurgents know that when all of the power and water service is reestablished and there is plenty of food, the Iraqi people will be more willing to accept the occupation.
    Even with water and food, would you be willing to let your country be occupied? I do not think I would accept it, nor do I think you would either.

Even with water and food, would you be willing to let your country be occupied? I do not think I would accept it, nor do I think you would either.

It's hard to say, people will do what they have to do to get by, to protect their children, right or wrong.

It's hard to say, people will do what they have to do to get by, to protect their children, right or wrong.
    I have not ever catagorized my beliefs, but libertarian/jeffersonian may do it. Thomas Jefferson once said those that give up essential liberties or freedoms for temporary peace or safety deserve neither peace or safety.

It is not hard to see those with convictions or those with lack of them.

I have not ever catagorized my beliefs, but libertarian/jeffersonian may do it. Thomas Jefferson once said those that give up essential liberties or freedoms for temporary peace or safety deserve neither peace or safety.

It is not hard to see those with convictions or those with lack of them.

I have convictions; I just don't think that they are worth the life one of my children.

I also would welcome liberation from a tyrant who gassed his own people and tortured many more.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Yes, the last thing the insurgents want is a happy Iraqi people.

First sentence is false. They want the Iraqi people to be happy. They just dont want to US to succeed.

But the last thing they want is for the US to succeed. And that goes with your second sentence. If they succeed the people will be accept of an unjust occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    First sentence is false. They want the Iraqi people to be happy. They just dont want to US to succeed.

But the last thing they want is for the US to succeed. And that goes with your second sentence. If they succeed the people will be accept of an unjust occupation.
    You’re taking what I wrote out of context; however I can understand your argument.

I believe that the insurgents want the Iraqi people to live under the brand of government that the particular insurgents see as fitting, probably a strict Islamic government. Ran by what ever sect can grab power.

I read this in another forum, and I thought i'de post it here to see some of your opinions. It was quite shocking.

http://www.varkoume.net/phpBB2/viewt...=asc&start=330

Quote Originally Posted by mistery_m
    Quote Originally Posted by aNaRcHy99
    poor people.... damn man!
    They should bomb Blair and Bush. They are the only ones responsible for any possible misfortunate event caused by western army in their countries (Afghanistan, Iraq) and if someone should be punished he should be those 2 bastards
    Foreign policy is not something prepared by Bush or Blair or any other individual. In case you haven't noticed, the system ir run by a group of individuals that for them even Bush and Blair are just "expandable items" who can be replaced at any time. The oil and weapon industries are the most powerful corporations at present and this particular group of people is basically in charge of everything, and they have created something like a "masonic temple" or a "circle of trust". Do you possibly think that Bush's level of intelligence is enough to run a country like the U.S.?

Just like the 9/11 attacks in NYC (where there are significant sources who claim the Americans are behind it), I firmly believe that the British authorities could even be behind the London attacks. Did you watch Jack Straw's press conference two days ago? He basically said that now they have to raise taxes to increase security. Which opportunity could be better than that? In normal times, announcing a raise on taxation (and as a result pouring more money in the country's treasury) would make the citizens go crazy. Now however, they will do it with a smile on their face believing their government really cares about them. For that, they had to sacrifice 50-100 lives, big deal, collateral damage...

These mechanisms like CIA, MI6, etc. are not just a spying network but unfortunately are determining the future in their own perspective. If you actually think they can't catch Bin Laden then you're fooling yourself. They simply need him to be there in order to excuse the presence of that particular budget against "terrorism". If they wanted to track him and knock him out, they would have done it long time ago. Additionally, they definicion of the word "terrorism" states that "terrorism is an act of violence caused by a specific individual or group in an attempt to spread fear and violence". Now, who is really doing that and imagine how worse it is when it happens under the name of an army which represents a legitimate democratic western society...

alevok Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    I read this in another forum, and I thought i'de post it here to see some of your opinions. It was quite shocking.

http://www.varkoume.net/phpBB2/viewt...=asc&start=330

all true, Blair and Bush are just puppets of oil and weapon companies. Create anarchy somewhere and sell more weapons. Create a conflict between countries and sell even more weapons, no wonder why America is the number one weapon trader of the world, peace keeper my ass.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information