tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

Tired of popup windows when browsing?

Hey bros, I saw this on the news last night. I have been getting swamped with popup windows (advertising sites) when I am browsing the internet. Really slows down the computer and just flat pisses me off too. I hate that windows keep opening up and I can't close them for a little bit and then when I close them another one opens up. So, I download the software on this site and it works GREAT!!!

http://www.popupstopper.net/index.html

They have a free download. I put the sensitivity on high and it has stopped all pop up windows. The software puts an icon in your sys tray (bottom/right part of your screen) and you can right mouse click and deactivate if you want. I was browsing one site and it wouldn't let me pull up a link I needed, so I deactivated, went to the link and then reactivated the icon again.

I also had to deactivate to initially open my internet explorer. Then after it is open I right mouse click and activate again. If you turn on the notifier it will make a noise every time it kills a pop up window. Several times it has been making noise and I am able to just go where I am wanting instead of having to close 5 windows to get where I want to go. Very cool.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I know some webmasters aren't going to like this because they make money off of sending you to blind links. Oh well.

peace,

ttgb

stryker is offline Junior Member
    thanks man just what i have been looking for.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Norton Internet security does same thing.. But good to know another prog that will do that.. thanks..

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    yea norton works better i believe, so does zonelabs.com, good stuff

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    popupkiller is what i use. it's free on the internet. www.popupkiller.com , i believe???

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    popupkiller is what i use. it's free on the internet. www.popupkiller.com , i believe???
    I have that installed on my computer, it works excellent. However every now and then it will kill a window you want open. But still very worth it, considering it's free.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I tried adaware but it doesn't work too well.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Try www.historykill.com

You can kill two birds with one stone. It kills your history and slaughters pop-ups.

Thread Information