Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ShnouzedUp is offline Banned

Does anyone actually wanna see United 93?

Just curious if you guys wanna see this or not... i do and don't.. i mean we all know how its gonna end.. we know the story, why re-live it and come away being all depressed again?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah, i dunno man, it's like WTF ya know all those people are still alive

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    yeah, i dunno man, it's like WTF ya know all those people are still alive
    exactly...it's bullshit, i definately wont be seeing it

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    What ?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I already saw like half of it. Just ended up pissing me off like hell for the rest of the day

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    no i saw the documentary on tv. prolly same thing just more dramatic and further from reality.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah I saw the documentary..is that what ur talkin about?

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Yeah I saw the documentary..is that what ur talkin about?

no man its an actual movie they made called "United 93" it starts in theatres tomorrow.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Only in America do they have to make a movie about everything..i saw enough on 9/11
    ***No source checks!!!***

chest6 is offline Banned
    ahh fvck that..gonna make everyone pissed again and hyped up.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I personally believe it to be an extremely assinine thing to do.

~SC~

bonerdonor is offline Associate Member
    That movie is going to bomb. No pun intended. I can't believe they made the movie. It's full of nobody actors because no-one with any reputation would touch it. I haven't seen the movie but I would bet $100 that some white dude on the plane teams up with a black guy, a chinese guy, and At least one Arab so as to satisfy every one of it's subliminaly racist viewers. They should follow it up with a re-enactment of the holocast. Go rent Air Force One.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by bonerdonor
    That movie is going to bomb. No pun intended. I can't believe they made the movie. It's full of nobody actors because no-one with any reputation would touch it. I haven't seen the movie but I would bet $100 that some white dude on the plane teams up with a black guy, a chinese guy, and At least one Arab so as to satisfy every one of it's subliminaly racist viewers. They should follow it up with a re-enactment of the holocast. Go rent Air Force One.
    Dont forget the wheel chair !!!

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    i THINK that maybe this movie should be made about 25 - 30 years from now when people forget about these important things. I mean people tend to conveniently forget a lot of things that they give so much of a shit about now a days.

Example
    there was this asian girl - Cecilia Zhang who was kidnapped from her house, in 2002, i think, and she was found chopped up into little pieces. There was a whole outpouring of pity and sympathy for this girl when it happened. It has been 4 years now and i mention her name or the incident and teh same people look at me perplexed. Either you care now, care forever, or dont care at all, and stop sending me chain mails about how she must have suffered.
    I remember, tahts the difference

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    i THINK that maybe this movie should be made about 25 - 30 years from now when people forget about these important things. I mean people tend to conveniently forget a lot of things that they give so much of a shit about now a days.

Example
    there was this asian girl - Cecilia Zhang who was kidnapped from her house, in 2002, i think, and she was found chopped up into little pieces. There was a whole outpouring of pity and sympathy for this girl when it happened. It has been 4 years now and i mention her name or the incident and teh same people look at me perplexed. Either you care now, care forever, or dont care at all, and stop sending me chain mails about how she must have suffered.
    I remember, tahts the difference
    I could never forget Cecilia, I remember when they found her body. It was found in Mississauga if you remember, I remember so well because the remains were found right by my gf (at the times) house. That was upsetting for sure.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonerdonor
    That movie is going to bomb. No pun intended. I can't believe they made the movie. It's full of nobody actors because no-one with any reputation would touch it.
    Oliver Stone is directing World Trade Center which is in productin right now. Not too sure whose in the cast, but I know Nick Cage is. I don't think they're trying to exploit the event, these things happen. Look at all of the movies based on the Vietnam War which was obviously controversial. Perhaps it's a little soon to make these movies, but I believe they are doing it in a tasteful way (Tagline: "A story of courage and survival"), at least I hope they do. Anyways, if anybody see's it, let us know what you thought.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    I will see it, just for the sake of it being the first movie done on 9/11

A better movie would have been to make people understand the necessity of war

or explain the forensic question ' WHY ' 9/11 happened, instead of the regular " terrorists are just evil "

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Most of the family members of the victims gave their permission (said it's been long enough) to make this move. If they feel it's been enough time then who is anyone else to say it isn't.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Most of the family members of the victims gave their permission (said it's been long enough) to make this move. If they feel it's been enough time then who is anyone else to say it isn't.

Well said.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    No real desire to see it.
    If i'm gonna go on a date, i'd prolly go see something else.
    PLUS i really doubt that its exactly how it happened.. Some reason i think they'll overdramatize n change things around... just spread bullshit propoganda prolly.

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Exactly what I was going to post.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Never heard of it, I take it it's a movie about the passengers on one of the 9/11 planes?

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I def don't think i can see it. Not sure why really, I just get too angry.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

I won't see it...

I've seen enough 9-11 stuff, at this point it's just sensationalism.

To me it's nothing more than a tasteless hollywood cash grab. Making money off a tragedy.

Red

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Those passengers represent the best of the United States. They displayed remarkable courage and countrymenship in the face of terror. I think everybody should see this movies considering some of the money will be donated to the families of 9/11 and those on that plane.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    I'm definitely seeing it.

BTW, the families of the victims who chose to see it were allowed to see it on tuesday, and from the newspapers they were all very pleased with the movie (if that'ts possible-you know what I mean).

Also, I am sure there are no-name actors in it for a reason. If someone close to you died, would you want a popular actor to play them, only later to have that actor play a heroine addict or something? From what the papers said, most family members pretty much fell in love with the characters that played their loved ones (who were also as the premier).

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    though i think that them giving money to the families of the victims of 9/11 is great, lets see how much they actually give and how much the greedy bastards keep for themselves. i'm sure they'll keep well over 80%, and the money that the families will get will be marginal.

this is a really sick and twisted way for those directors, producers, etc, to get rich off of others suffering. they didn't need to make a movie to support the victims of 9/11, there are plenty of other ways. no matter how they try to play this whole situation off as genuinely benign, they are unquestionably some sick, money greedy bastards. maybe a select few people involved in the making of this movie did have good intents, but i guarantee the majority just did it for the money.

sad thing is, i bet the movie will be a big hit because of all those stupid redneck sister-screwers saying to themselves "we gotta support america by watching that movie. cmon sisterwife, lets go...".

naturally the families of the victims liked the movie and approved it. first of all, they know they're getting money from it, and as soon as money becomes involved, most people push everything else aside, including morals. secondly, many of them will see this as an opportunity for indirect fame for their families, hoping later down the road for interviews, or plans for books, etc. i'm sure some truly just want people to know the truth of what happened to their family as well, but i know without a doubt that's not the majority of them. plus, that's not much better saying as those people want you to watch someone elses suffering and how they died just so they can have you relate to them better.

in my opinion, every aspect of this movie is just sick and twisted. it's bad enough people make movies about serial killers, but now they've dug even deeper into the dung pile with this one.

if someone developed a new spaceship propulsion system to enable us to travel to other galaxies, you'd be lucky to hear about it briefly in a news report. however, if someone becomes a serial killer, you get news broadcasts time and time again, movies made about them, books made about them, etc.

people die everyday, but we don't need to make movies about them. the people on that plane didn't suffer, they died like any other human will one day. they would've been killed instantly between the crash and the explosion. there are people tortured for days, even weeks at a time, so why hype this whole tragedy up with a movie? again, it's clearly just a way for some sick bastards to make money off of other peoples suffering.

if bush weren't president, 9/11 would've never happened. whether you choose to believe he was a part of it or not, at minimum, he had information that was overwhelming about the plan for 9/11, yet he chose to not act on it.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    The only thing i'm really interested in...

is if in the movie they're able to break into the cockpit.
    Cause the recordings they released a few weeks back.. it seems like they were trying to get into the cockpit..but couldnt get thru the door.

than at that point the terrorists, kinda cornered... decided to just crash it now.

So i wonder if they did it according to those recordings, or if they changed what really happened.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    though i think that them giving money to the families of the victims of 9/11 is great, lets see how much they actually give and how much the greedy bastards keep for themselves. i'm sure they'll keep well over 80%, and the money that the families will get will be marginal.

this is a really sick and twisted way for those directors, producers, etc, to get rich off of others suffering. they didn't need to make a movie to support the victims of 9/11, there are plenty of other ways. no matter how they try to play this whole situation off as genuinely benign, they are unquestionably some sick, money greedy bastards. maybe a select few people involved in the making of this movie did have good intents, but i guarantee the majority just did it for the money.

sad thing is, i bet the movie will be a big hit because of all those stupid redneck sister-screwers saying to themselves "we gotta support america by watching that movie. cmon sisterwife, lets go...".

naturally the families of the victims liked the movie and approved it. first of all, they know they're getting money from it, and as soon as money becomes involved, most people push everything else aside, including morals. secondly, many of them will see this as an opportunity for indirect fame for their families, hoping later down the road for interviews, or plans for books, etc. i'm sure some truly just want people to know the truth of what happened to their family as well, but i know without a doubt that's not the majority of them. plus, that's not much better saying as those people want you to watch someone elses suffering and how they died just so they can have you relate to them better.

in my opinion, every aspect of this movie is just sick and twisted. it's bad enough people make movies about serial killers, but now they've dug even deeper into the dung pile with this one.

if someone developed a new spaceship propulsion system to enable us to travel to other galaxies, you'd be lucky to hear about it briefly in a news report. however, if someone becomes a serial killer, you get news broadcasts time and time again, movies made about them, books made about them, etc.

people die everyday, but we don't need to make movies about them. the people on that plane didn't suffer, they died like any other human will one day. they would've been killed instantly between the crash and the explosion. there are people tortured for days, even weeks at a time, so why hype this whole tragedy up with a movie? again, it's clearly just a way for some sick bastards to make money off of other peoples suffering.

if bush weren't president, 9/11 would've never happened. whether you choose to believe he was a part of it or not, at minimum, he had information that was overwhelming about the plan for 9/11, yet he chose to not act on it.

Have you taken your medicine today?

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Have you taken your medicine today?
    look at my post and tell me what you think?!

oh, though i don't think his description of titanic 2 is right, i do know they did actually write a script for titanic 2, but they tossed it a long time ago cause they knew it wouldn't fly.

the original script which they tossed was supposed to be that he was indeed recovered from the water, but only shortly after she was, and he was in a coma from being in the water for so long. don't know too much about the rest except for something about them both meeting again in a war and he falls in love with another girl. i couldn't believe they even thought of making a sequel, but you know how much hollywood likes to milk ideas until they destroy it's soul.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant

So Clinton caused the world trade center bombing?

My last post was basically wondering if your a wackjob.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    So Clinton caused the world trade center bombing?

My last post was basically wondering if your a wackjob.
    um, clinton, where are you at? try bush there buddy. as far as being a whackjob, look in the mirror and you'll find the one who has no idea what's going on. watch fahrenheit 9/11 guy. not only that, but don't you remember how there was an investigation into numerous bureaus who had info on the planning of 9/11, and many of them said they submitted this information to the president, but yet like i said, he took no action whatsoever.

besides, i never said he caused it, but it is possible he had something to do with it or at minimum, allowed it to happen for political gain. after all, that's the ONLY thing that kept him in office for a 2nd term. try watching some of the videos of bush off of compfused that were before his presidency and you can see he's a total and utter *sshole who's racist, bigotted, and cares about nothing but himself.

if you'd stop just believing the media bullsh*t and actually do some research, you'll find there were way too many things that didn't make sense through all of 9/11, and his focus wasn't even on bin laden. he looked for bin laden for what, 2 months IF that, yet he's STILL in Iraq, using 9/11 for justification. sorry, but if you believe it all makes sense, you need to pull your head out of your *ss. this president was so bad, a director actually made a documentary movie out of how horrible of a president he is, yet there's still redneck sister-screwers who are too stupid to figure out Bush needs to go.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I won't see it. No interest. It's like going to see Titanic. What's the point when you already now the ending.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I won't see it. No interest. It's like going to see Titanic. What's the point when you already now the ending.
    There actually making Titanic 2 - Lenardo Decaprio is found frozen, and he gets unfroze and adjusts to the life of 2006

(i'm not kidding)

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    There actually making Titanic 2 - Lenardo Decaprio is found frozen, and he gets unfroze and adjusts to the life of 2006

(i'm not kidding)
    I won't see that garbage either.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer

(i'm not kidding)
    Your full of shyt.

GQ you are so full of shit!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    I have no interest in seeing the movie since the thing went done only 30 minutes from my house....I saw enough of what was left.....NO THANKS !!!

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be really tough to see. I wish they would have waited another 5 years. Yet, a part of me really wants to see it. I hear it was well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ShnouzedUp
    Just curious if you guys wanna see this or not... i do and don't.. i mean we all know how its gonna end.. we know the story, why re-live it and come away being all depressed again?

jobyjoe is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I'm not going to see it either (well I won't pay to see it, maybe download it). I watched the TV movie/documentary Flight 93, but they put too much of a hollywood spin on the tragedy. United 93 is supposed to be well done, but I don't think money should be made off of 9/11. I think the worst film based on 9/11 will be "World Trade Center" staring Nick Cage (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/. That movie looks almost disrespectful to people who lost their lives. Just you wait and see: within 5 years they will be making Hurricane Katrina movies. It is sort of pathetic

Thread Information