Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    god,, im well stressed now. W^NKERS

ManWhore is offline Banned
    Yea good job Bouncer

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Well if it looks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck.......... (I'll leave the rest to you).
    then its a chinchilla?!

only tai.............. *hangs head and cries

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    then its a chinchilla?!

Yes

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Guys if Cornback was real, and this news is for real. I sincerely hope everything I posted here will be forgiven. But honestly, I do smell a rat and on the evidence I have to call bullshit on this thread.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    R.I.P. Cornerback_Blitz (if indeed this happened)

he was a freakin cool dude

Hrm....the truth will comeout eventually. It always does.

GQ whats up, from your favorite thread whore!

chest6 is offline Banned
    This is weird. I'm not sure im gonna say any comments yet til I know for sure cuz its death we're talking about but if this isn't true that is very messed up

lol.

Thread gauge....

omg wtf

Quote Originally Posted by ManWhore

its shit man

chest6 is offline Banned
    I'm just confused. Why would someone do that. Attention I guess but seemed by his posts that he was a cool guy

wonder if its a copy cat, or someone who knows him? He should still be overseas.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow, your very switched on bouncer, uve just defaced the entire irish stereotype lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    wow, your very switched on bouncer, uve just defaced the entire irish stereotype lol

Safety#22 is offline Banned
    I can see why and how people read into this...
    1. British special forces sign an 'agreement' about certain operations due to a spat of 'SAS' books that came around in 2000. Matt (His Name) signed the agreement and took an option that prevented media access to his files. This was a part of operational security - this again was hieghtened after 9/11 and due to certain instabilities with muslims and anti war protestors Matt signed for anonimity for him and his family.
    I am in no way affiliated with UK special forces I am just a childhood friend.

2. C_B and Chemically_assisted were in the same unit and roommates therefore used the email address for internet contacts only - look at the similarities in the way the name is -Capatalized letters... also i know Messy_UK talked to both Matt's (yes they both share the same name) while c_b was away.

3.With regards to access i had access to C_B's account and logged in to make sure everything was squared away. Also with the Cammo Matt was assigned to a special forces unit in the US for 6 months (explains woodland camo) plus alot of guys in his unit mixed and matched international dpm to allow for minimal country assigning (reason - if Uk says no forces are in Fallujah and you see some guys running around fallujah in UK dpm on the telly the UK cabinet is in the shit).

Think what you may, in the end it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks as the base line is I have lost a great friend. To be honest it saddens me that people are so quick to pull apart something so quickly without knowing all the facts or displaying a shread of knowledge.

Any apologies you may have, you can ****ing stick.

Kool

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Very sorry to hear. R.I.P.

Icon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety#22
    Well said.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well it is extremely sad what has happened, the loss of so many lives. I have to agree that people should not jump to conclusions so quickly until a response can be made from the thread originator or whomever is involved. Just let this thread die is what I say. And let the fallen RIP.

-Bino

Butterfly23GrL is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChEmIcAlLy_AsSiStEd
    Guys,
    It is with a heavy heart that that I have to report a forum member - cornerback_blitz was killed in action february 17th in Al Anabar, Iraq.
    The report concluded that my buddy was killed by a single sniper shot to the neck.
    I know he had friends from here although he didn't post much and I just wanted to let those of you who weren't on his MSN know.
    He was a great guy who would have broken down a wall with his head to help a friend in trouble, and will be sorely missed by those in his unit.

Rest in Peace brother

~evil prevails when good men fail to act~
    i am very sorry to hear that...we need to all keep his family and friends in our prayers (those of you who believe in prayer, etc.). R.I.P.

Butterfly23GrL is offline Female Member

Unhappy

I was looking through his (cornerback_blitz) old threads and his poem literally made me cry. It's crazy how we take life for granted sometimes and how easy it is for us to bash the war in iraq when we should really be supporting our troops even if we don't agree with the cause. they're the ones risking their lives for US....

"Bouncer, im in the Royal Marines Brigade patrol Troop...
    i just wanna go back and help my buddies out.. Yeh although i didn't agree with the whole NI issue it has helped the B.A to where they are now in regards to FIBUA/OBUA, but ur sooo right about the IDF its like constant training, but with real bullets...
    Well guys i flight out this Friday...
    Once again thanks for the prayers, they're well recieved, but just don't forget about the guys who didn't beat the clock...
    Take care everyone and stay safe

a long ass poem but it says alot about how the soldiers over there feel

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
    I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.

My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
    My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
    Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
    Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree, I believe,
    Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
    My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
    Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep

In perfect contentment, or so it would seem.
    So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.
    The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
    But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.

Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,
    Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
    My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
    And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
    A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.
    A soldier, a sailor, I puzzled, some twenty years old
    Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.

Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
    Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.
    "What are you doing?" I asked without fear
    "Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!

Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
    You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"
    For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
    Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts,

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
    Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
    I'm out here by choice, I'm here every night.

"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
    That separates you from the darkest of times.
    No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
    I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.

My Gramps died at 'Pearl on a day in December,"
    Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
    My dad stood his watch in the jungles of 'Nam
    And now it is my turn and so, here I am.

I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
    But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.
    Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
    The red white and blue ... an American flag.

"I can live through the cold and the being alone,
    Away from my family, my house and my home,
    I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
    I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat,

I can carry the weight of killing another
    Or lay down my life with my sister and brother
    who stand at the front against any and all,
    to ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright
    Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."

"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
    "Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
    It seems all too little for all that you've done,
    For being away from your wife and your son."

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
    "Just tell us you love us, and never forget
    To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone.
    To stand your own watch, no matter how long.

For when we come home, either standing or dead,
    To know you remember we fought and we bled
    Is payment enough, and with that we will trust.
    That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

I can see why and how people read into this...
    1. British special forces sign an 'agreement' about certain operations due to a spat of 'SAS' books that came around in 2000. Matt (His Name) signed the agreement and took an option that prevented media access to his files. This was a part of operational security - this again was hieghtened after 9/11 and due to certain instabilities with muslims and anti war protestors Matt signed for anonimity for him and his family.
    I am in no way affiliated with UK special forces I am just a childhood friend.

2. C_B and Chemically_assisted were in the same unit and roommates therefore used the email address for internet contacts only - look at the similarities in the way the name is -Capatalized letters... also i know Messy_UK talked to both Matt's (yes they both share the same name) while c_b was away.

3.With regards to access i had access to C_B's account and logged in to make sure everything was squared away. Also with the Cammo Matt was assigned to a special forces unit in the US for 6 months (explains woodland camo) plus alot of guys in his unit mixed and matched international dpm to allow for minimal country assigning (reason - if Uk says no forces are in Fallujah and you see some guys running around fallujah in UK dpm on the telly the UK cabinet is in the shit).

Think what you may, in the end it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks as the base line is I have lost a great friend. To be honest it saddens me that people are so quick to pull apart something so quickly without knowing all the facts or displaying a shread of knowledge.

As I said above. I'm sincerely hope I'm wrong. As regards your last paragraph, people aren't so quick to pull something apart. But he was respected around here, some of us spoke to him via MSN IM etc and we'll always look for a hole in a story like this about a well liked and respected member.

We had a 'suicide' here a few years ago, when a member 'canes4ever' apparently took his own life. I and another member had his home telephone number (he must have forgotten!). Rang his mother and spoke to both her and his brother. It turned out to be bullshit.

Having said all that, I still have doubts about this story as I feel I gave you a 'get out' clause when I posted that some British army units don't realease details to the media on the death of a soldier. But he was a marine, their not covered by this so far as I know.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    NO FUKIN WAY!! Man i just had a chance to read this. He was a VERY cool bro!! We talked online all the time.....RIP BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS yoU!! I hope an pray its not true!

OG
    Quote Originally Posted by ChEmIcAlLy_AsSiStEd
    Guys,
    It is with a heavy heart that that I have to report a forum member - cornerback_blitz was killed in action february 17th in Al Anabar, Iraq.
    The report concluded that my buddy was killed by a single sniper shot to the neck.
    I know he had friends from here although he didn't post much and I just wanted to let those of you who weren't on his MSN know.
    He was a great guy who would have broken down a wall with his head to help a friend in trouble, and will be sorely missed by those in his unit.

Rest in Peace brother

~evil prevails when good men fail to act~

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    RIP, we talked acouple of times through PMs... I had no-idea where he was stationed.

My prayers go out to you and your family. You were taken from this world too soon.

Safety#22 is offline Banned
    Bouncer you provided me with no such clause, although you may think you have..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service - please read the first paragraph detailing the units within the Uk special forces.

Then read down to Secrecy
    Upon entry into the regiment, troopers have to abide by strict rules, such as not telling anyone other than close family that they are a member of the SAS. Anonymity is also provided whilst serving in the SAS. Troopers also may not give names and information to any police authority whilst co-operating. Troopers have the right to a 24-hour 'warm down' after any firefight and do not have to give evidence to the police during this period. If a medal is given to a member of the SAS, such as the Military Cross (MC), the soldier is listed in the media as being in their parent regiment and not the SAS. If an SAS trooper is killed in action (KIA), and if it can be avoided, the information is not made public, and if it is unavoidable then the parent regiment is again listed and not the SAS. After leaving the SAS, ex-members may not give details of unofficial or black bag operations. Ex-members of the regiment often use pseudonyms such as Andy McNab. The British Government makes no official announcements concerning the SAS and when reports are given there is no mention of the SAS. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has a standing policy of not discussing the SAS or its operations.

again this is from wikipedia.

As a moderator i would have maybe thought you would have compiled your findings and contacted either myself or chem_assis to explain. Instead you pretty much defiled my friend's name on a forum which he enjoyed to visit.
    I think the word im looking for is 'tact' given the degree of sensitivty required.

As for people thinking this was a prank for 'attention' look at how long Matt was on here April 2003 i think and his posts were only 250, you do the math.

Spencer - thank you for calling myself and my fallen friend a w*nker you have been here since Dec 2005 (3 months) and accumulated over 2000 posts (thats about 40 a day) so i call bullshit on your 'friend' being lee ellis. you are looking for attention etc..
    If this pisses you off half as much as i am then it worked, as if he was your friend you are safe in the knowledge he died instantly, I have listened to the radio transmission the instant my best friend was shot, and listened for 90 seconds as myfriend fought for breath whilst choking on his own blood.... you ever watched a be-heading video, shocking isnt it? imagine knowing some1 you grew up with having to go through it, at least those being beheaded died pretty quickly as the nerves were severed, Matt did not have such a luxury.

As for the title/tag don't bother matt wouldn't have wanted it and as for some of the replies on here i don't think it is fitting. He has been honoured by his friends and his unit.

If i am banned who gives a ****.. just wanted to set the record straight.
    and thats pretty much it

bottom line

for the rest of the people who posted condolences, they were well recieved and your the reason Matt did what he did without complaint

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i remember him, R.I.P. brother

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i tried to PM you, but it says your not receiveing PMs. I decided to post it here....

Hey bro! I am writing this with a heavy heart...I just wanted to PM you to let you know how sorry i am!! I never met Matt aka C_B in person, but i did consider him a friend. My heart goes out to him, his family and friends!! Please send my condolences.

Matthew <OG>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service - please read the first paragraph detailing the units within the Uk special forces.

Then read down to Secrecy
    Upon entry into the regiment, troopers have to abide by strict rules, such as not telling anyone other than close family that they are a member of the SAS. Anonymity is also provided whilst serving in the SAS. Troopers also may not give names and information to any police authority whilst co-operating. Troopers have the right to a 24-hour 'warm down' after any firefight and do not have to give evidence to the police during this period. If a medal is given to a member of the SAS, such as the Military Cross (MC), the soldier is listed in the media as being in their parent regiment and not the SAS. If an SAS trooper is killed in action (KIA), and if it can be avoided, the information is not made public, and if it is unavoidable then the parent regiment is again listed and not the SAS. After leaving the SAS, ex-members may not give details of unofficial or black bag operations. Ex-members of the regiment often use pseudonyms such as Andy McNab. The British Government makes no official announcements concerning the SAS and when reports are given there is no mention of the SAS. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has a standing policy of not discussing the SAS or its operations.

again this is from wikipedia.

As a moderator i would have maybe thought you would have compiled your findings and contacted either myself or chem_assis to explain. Instead you pretty much defiled my friend's name on a forum which he enjoyed to visit.
    I think the word im looking for is 'tact' given the degree of sensitivty required.

As for people thinking this was a prank for 'attention' look at how long Matt was on here April 2003 i think and his posts were only 250, you do the math.

Spencer - thank you for calling myself and my fallen friend a w*nker you have been here since Dec 2005 (3 months) and accumulated over 2000 posts (thats about 40 a day) so i call bullshit on your 'friend' being lee ellis. you are looking for attention etc..
    If this pisses you off half as much as i am then it worked, as if he was your friend you are safe in the knowledge he died instantly, I have listened to the radio transmission the instant my best friend was shot, and listened for 90 seconds as myfriend fought for breath whilst choking on his own blood.... you ever watched a be-heading video, shocking isnt it? imagine knowing some1 you grew up with having to go through it, at least those being beheaded died pretty quickly as the nerves were severed, Matt did not have such a luxury.

As for the title/tag don't bother matt wouldn't have wanted it and as for some of the replies on here i don't think it is fitting. He has been honoured by his friends and his unit.

If i am banned who gives a ****.. just wanted to set the record straight.
    and thats pretty much it

bottom line

for the rest of the people who posted condolences, they were well recieved and your the reason Matt did what he did without complaint

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    wasn't cornerback_blitz a royal marine in the SBS? he had come back from Iraq with burns from a rocket attack whilst on a recce patrol b4 this happened as well

I remember one of his quotes

" ~Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.~ "

this is really sad, what a great guy - again, my condolences. If you could tell us more about him it would be appreciated (it doesnt have to be military oriented, like did he like rugby? did he leave behind a family?)

First off I'm not known for my tact (Rak_Ani trained me). And I'm well aware of British MOD SOP's regarding special forces KIA. I've served with British soldiers!. Yes, I'm a soldier, with 21yrs service. I don't care for your feelings here, I don't know you. But if I smell a rat I'll bend over backwards to protect this board and its members. If Matt (and I considered him a friend here too, both here and MSN IM) was killed in action I'm sincerely sorry for the loss of your friend, I truely am.

Now I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing contest, I've said what Ihad to say and I'll leave it at that.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    im emailing my lads who are "connected" with these guys in the UK and see if they heard something about it!

until now, CLOSED

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Three soldiers were killed in Iraq during the period of February 2006, two were killed by combat, the other with a road accident. The two killed in combat were from the 2Nd Para

This was reported, IP, email and text to the UK special forces association, they tend to take seriously these type of things. We'll see if it is worth of the wall of shame or it was the truth!

Personally I know SAS personnel killed in action are released to the press and public, why not for their Navy counterparts, it was done when I was in Afghanistan. Hell even one lad who lost his leg got his name printed in papers!
    Last edited by 3Vandoo; 03-23-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    First off I'm not known for my tact (Rak_Ani trained me). And I'm well aware of British MOD SOP's regarding special forces KIA. I've served with British soldiers!. Yes, I'm a soldier, with 21yrs service. I don't care for your feelings here, I don't know you. But if I smell a rat I'll bend over backwards to protect this board and its members. If Matt (and I considered him a friend here too, both here and MSN IM) was killed in action I'm sincerely sorry for the loss of your friend, I truely am.

Now I don't want to turn this thread into a pissing contest, I've said what Ihad to say and I'll leave it at that.

Are you saying I have no tact?

Personally I hope this is a sick joke.
    If it is, it would mean the guy was an ass, playing with everyone here and hurting people that were close to him and loved him, but at least it would mean he's alive, and after all, that's the most important thing.
    Some people here would be pissed off for a while, annoyed, hurt, some cried when they read the news, but in a few days/weeks you'll forget all about it and go on with your lives. On the other hand, if its true, then you weren't made fools of, but with that comes a family and close friends who will mourn him for the rest of their lives.
    So which is the better option?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information