Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No chalk?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    How do you borrow chalk??????????????????/
    Well. You take it, and rub it on your hands, then put it back. Dont ask me if they said it wrong, they said it that way
    Last edited by chest6; 03-31-2006 at 04:35 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike
    New owners took over my gym. They brought in a bunch of new plate load machines and got rid of a bunch of the benches. There is now only one bench press, no more military press and they got rid of the leg press for some retarded ergonomic press machine.
    how the hell do u remove the leg press machine? I would have to leave right then

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    oh good now this page is messed up too

chest6 is offline Banned
    Oh really fool?

but now I hate you

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    how the hell do u remove the leg press machine? I would have to leave right then

I just do more sets of squats. Now if they got rid of the squat cage

chest6 is offline Banned
    If they got rid of the squat cage..I would flip out. Id probably set my own squat station up. Just set it up on the bench (really light) then walk back..when Im done..just drop it

If they got rid of the squat cage..I would flip out. Id probably set my own squat station up. Just set it up on the bench (really light) then walk back..when Im done..just drop it
    rofl...actually that probably would show them...but are you willing to drop it?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    I let people in my gym use chalk, although not many do.

slob is offline Member
    New owners took over my gym. They brought in a bunch of new plate load machines and got rid of a bunch of the benches. There is now only one bench press, no more military press and they got rid of the leg press for some retarded ergonomic press machine.
    asshats.
    sounds like my gym
    ditched all the calf machines and didnt replace them. got rid of lots of benches ..
    idiots.
    but of course u can't tell them what weights/machines they really should have.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    No chalk at my university either, but our db's do get to 125 still not enough tho

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    No CHALK?!?!

NINJA SLICE!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    You have got to be fvcking kidding me. I was doing deadlifts tonight and the guy goes "Is that your chalk?" I said yes. He said "We don't allow that here, it is too hard to clean up." Alright seriously..its a weightroom not a beauty parlor. This weightroom sucks ass. The heaviest dumbbells they have are 100s..you cant "slam" weights, and you can't use chalk. They also don't have a hack squat. I really hate this piece of shit gym. I think the only option is getting a membership somewhere . Who votes I keep using my chalk til they say I can't come back??
    I hate those damn chain BB gyms, but unfortunately thats where Im going right now. I get so many questions, cause I guess that crowd has never seen powerlifters train. And, if I do deadlifts, rows, etc I get bitched at by the employees saying you cant slam weights. Even tho they are damned rubbed coated and indestructable. Plus why the hell dont they have a lifting platform? Cause there is no room with all the faggot machines in there!

Sorry, I get pissed at my gym very often. And get this: I was changing shirts for bench press and an employee said taking off your shirt wasnt allowed since it could intimidate other memebers. lmao.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Still it wasnt as bad as a country club weight room I went too--only had about 300 lbs of barbells in the whole gym. Oh yea, and having a squat rack is against insurance policy! argggg

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    The gym used to go to had ****ed up rules, no chalk, no banging the plates, COLLAR ALL WEIGHTS...

I tortured them constantly, everytime I was there. Everytime a 'fitness attendant' (most of whom were fat HS kids), would tell me not to bang the weights, i'd slam one more on hard when they turned, and laugh. I would also use chalk and clap my hands. They threatened to kick me out many times, but they didnt ever do it.

At the end I left when my friends new gym opened. This place is hardcore. DB's up to 140bs, heavy metal, great equipment.. Jerry sells chalk behind the counter.

Only thing I dont like about my friends gym is the fruity colors he painted the place. But the rest is cool.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Chest you got a few options
    A.)Keep useing the chalk untill caught, then pull the ****ers jugular our for interupting your set!
    B.)Find a new gym that allows NORMAL gym practices like carrying your own chalk
    C.)Finance some funds and get your own set up at home.

PS. Denting the floor LMFAO

All the best mate.

gay, no real rules at mine, you have to be 16 to be in there, so mostly keeps idiot out there, but still young kids are ****ed sometimes, too much cardio shit though, and it is taking over the gym.

chest6 is offline Banned
    For intimidating rofl..

Yeah, the dumbbell situation is a big problem.

Collar all weights wtf is that?

I think I'll keep bringin the chalk in..only got like 5 weeks left for this year. Next year is another problem

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    It is hard to find hardcore gym where you could use chalk. Modern gyms are girlie man's gyms, with shitty music, cardio machines and 50lbs dambels

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    in the gym where i work they don't have dumbells over 35kg because they say the floor can't take it lol

so does that mean anyone over 70kg cannot be in the gym?

stupid shit

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    You have got to be fvcking kidding me. I was doing deadlifts tonight and the guy goes "Is that your chalk?" I said yes. He said "We don't allow that here, it is too hard to clean up." Alright seriously..its a weightroom not a beauty parlor. This weightroom sucks ass. The heaviest dumbbells they have are 100s..you cant "slam" weights, and you can't use chalk. They also don't have a hack squat. I really hate this piece of shit gym. I think the only option is getting a membership somewhere . Who votes I keep using my chalk til they say I can't come back??
    hahah........we have the 150's and we can use chalk....sucks for you buddy....and yes keep using it

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    hahah........we have the 150's and we can use chalk....sucks for you buddy....and yes keep using it
    yeah you told me awhile ago..I still hate you

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I hate those damn chain BB gyms, but unfortunately thats where Im going right now. I get so many questions, cause I guess that crowd has never seen powerlifters train. And, if I do deadlifts, rows, etc I get bitched at by the employees saying you cant slam weights. Even tho they are damned rubbed coated and indestructable. Plus why the hell dont they have a lifting platform? Cause there is no room with all the faggot machines in there!

Sorry, I get pissed at my gym very often. And get this: I was changing shirts for bench press and an employee said taking off your shirt wasnt allowed since it could intimidate other memebers. lmao.
    you know people are pretty damn stupid to get INTIMIDATED by a huge guy... what are you going to do...take off your shirt... then if theyre looking at you funny, bash in their heads? LIke geez

Same thing as my school's gym - we were deadlifting and the lady says that the mats on teh floor arent meant to take such a banging up. However they are going to buy the dealift platform in may, and conisdering taht only 10-15 people actually deadflift in our gym (out of probably morethan 1000) i think they finally take us seriously

if i wasnt allowed chalk i'd ask them how to grip the bar. If they asked me to use gloves i'd say that the gloves make my hand feels uncomfortable. First of all no one adheres to the 'no outside shoes' rule so the floor is always covered with mud. If they enforced that rule then they can restrict me from using chalk, else im telling them off

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    It is hard to find hardcore gym where you could use chalk. Modern gyms are girlie man's gyms, with shitty music, cardio machines and 50lbs dambels
    becasue people 'don't like to get too big, its disgusting' or they are of the opinion that if they go heavy, that they would turn into ROnnie Coleman overnight - so I ask them - WHY DO I KEEP COMPLAINING THAT I'M TOO SMALL IF I'VE BEEN AT IT FOR 1.5 YEARS?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Well, do you clean up after yourself? My gym has a no chalk rule. I put 2 towels on the floor under the bar so when I grab the bar chalk doesn't fall on the floor. I chalk my hands over the towels. Plus I clean up after myself when I'm done. I wipe the weights down and clean the bar. No one says shit to me about using chalk because I clean up after myself.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Well, do you clean up after yourself? My gym has a no chalk rule. I put 2 towels on the floor under the bar so when I grab the bar chalk doesn't fall on the floor. I chalk my hands over the towels. Plus I clean up after myself when I'm done. I wipe the weights down and clean the bar. No one says shit to me about using chalk because I clean up after myself.
    I chalk my hands over my plastic bag and then dump the excess in my hands after I'm done. A lil chalk gets on the weights and I keep the bar how it is..maybe they bitch about that. The other guys that do squats/deads don't mind the chalk at all..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I chalk my hands over my plastic bag and then dump the excess in my hands after I'm done. A lil chalk gets on the weights and I keep the bar how it is..maybe they bitch about that. The other guys that do squats/deads don't mind the chalk at all..
    Leave it how you found it. I'd bitch to if I had to clean the shit up every night. Clean up after yourself and it won't be an issue.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

The trainers and everything love to clean at my gym...I go at different times of the day and they are always cleaning the equipment or straightening up weights etc...

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I let people in my gym use chalk, although not many do.
    It would be great to own a gym... I sometimes vision that I would have a good area for free weights, good padding so the 130's and 140's can crash properly, (not thrown but dropped from say 5-10in up, cum on now if you can pick up 130's like me then you can drop them with some finesse)
    Then there would be an area for machines of coarse.... But in a dungonesk atmosphere I would have the obvious concrete floor (stained) some rubber padding but only in spots for dead lifting, clean's, and crazy fukers that like to squat with out a rack... (I do but with only 225, the rack is too high for how low I get) the rubber pads would get sprayed off with a hose, so chalk would be no issue...

It would be a chalk safe zone.... well I dont know how many women would come to my gym but Its a nice dream anyway...
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 04-04-2006 at 09:20 AM.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    yeah you told me awhile ago..I still hate you
    haha.......don't hate me hate the financiers at your school......we have the best rec center in the country for a reason.......we spent some insane amount of money on it and it shows.....i wouldn't be here if it weren't for the gym

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    i dont use chalk our gym is a crappy old cellar i just rub my hands on the walls and scrape off the salt peter,great stuff im might bottle it and make a killin.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    haha.......don't hate me hate the financiers at your school......we have the best rec center in the country for a reason.......we spent some insane amount of money on it and it shows.....i wouldn't be here if it weren't for the gym
    ahh 100lb dumbbells are light weight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information