Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    craneboy is offline Senior Member
    im truly happy bro, and very proud

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    I'm extremely happy. My first marriage was a total mistake. Married a girl that I dated on and off through highschool and college. She had some major baggage and I think I was trying to be the care taker. After we got married she turned into a major alcoholic. Didn't really fit to well into my life style..she would get nuts when she was drunk, punch me in the face, all kinds of shit...finally had enough and left her a note on our front door when I went to work instructing her to get the **** out of my house by the time I got home and if she wasn't I would throw her shit outside.... anyway... got married again, met the perfect women...completely supports my lifestyle..never bitches and always makes me laugh... a good plus is that her family is awesome too.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i keep asking but Bino keeps saying NO i wont marry u ><

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i keep asking but Bino keeps saying NO i wont marry u ><
    Its because everytime we sleep together you just leave and dont call for a week. Last time I thought I was falling asleep in your arms and I woke up spooning with a Puerto Rican Mountain goat.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Alot of you guys are lucky..i've been with my girl for a long ass time now, she's my best friend and i love her, but i hear all these damn horror stories at work and it keeps me from takin that next step. I dont want to be miserable and i dont want to end up like these guys or worse divorced...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    Alot of you guys are lucky..i've been with my girl for a long ass time now, she's my best friend and i love her, but i hear all these damn horror stories at work and it keeps me from takin that next step. I dont want to be miserable and i dont want to end up like these guys or worse divorced...
    yea trust me I know what your thinking dude

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Me!!!

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    I think that marriage is so easy to get out of these days that the couples who could be truely happy just don't do what it takes. Whe the tough gets going....you bail.
    This however does not pertain to psycos.

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    I think that marriage is so easy to get out of these days that the couples who could be truely happy just don't do what it takes. Whe the tough gets going....you bail.
    too funny
    I agree though.. its easy, a little bit of money, so it doesnt work for a couple days, meh divorce!

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff
    Easy for the women...they take half your shit and the kids. The legal system in America is totally biased towards the women. Woman doesn't work so the man has to pay for her lawyer and his own. Yeah that's awesome, she get's to suck your bank account dry and drag the shit out until your pennyless and can't afford to defend yourself. That's when you get it stuck in your ass.

I love my g/f, been with her for 5 years. But I don't plan on getting married any time soon.

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Perhaps this is inspired by Mizfits thread.. But who here is married and truly happy? Who wakes up every morning to their signifigant other in their arms and thinks how fortunate they are??? If your not happy, well why arnt you?
    I'll let you know when i get that far haha

resonator is offline Junior Member
    I'm married and truly happy. I didn't overthink the marriage thing, I just went with what I felt. You start thinking about it too much you may never take that final step. I couldn't be happier today, no question. I have a great wife, a healthy son and another son on the way. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Going through a divorce right now after almost 20 years of marriage. Did the father/husband thing until the kids were out of the house. We grew apart...........she wants to drink and want a wife that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Going through a divorce right now after almost 20 years of marriage. Did the father/husband thing until the kids were out of the house. We grew apart...........she wants to drink and want a wife that doesn't.
    wow juggy, sorry man!!! Hopefully everything workds out for the best

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife and I meet in Jan 1999, moved in together 2 weeks later and then married in Sept of 1999 and still going strong. We live for each other in every way. I would not trade her in for all the gold in the world. We still rush home to see each other, we go to the gym twice a day with each other because we can't stand being apart. Right now we are buying a business so she can quit her job and we can spend all day together. I love her more than anything and will until the day I die. We have been through a lot more than most couples see in a lifetime. We have been on the edge of being homeless and been in a situation where we had to much money that we knew what to do with so none of that stuff matters to either one of us.

I think people take marriage way to lightly and just give up at the first sign of trouble. I made a commitment to love her and stay married until the day I die and almost 17 years later I still feel the same if not stronger. She is pretty, smart, hard working ... hell she got the raw end of the deal I think

~Old

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    My wife and I meet in Jan 1999, moved in together 2 weeks later and then married in Sept of 1999 and still going strong. We live for each other in every way. I would not trade her in for all the gold in the world. We still rush home to see each other, we go to the gym twice a day with each other because we can't stand being apart. Right now we are buying a business so she can quit her job and we can spend all day together. I love her more than anything and will until the day I die. We have been through a lot more than most couples see in a lifetime. We have been on the edge of being homeless and been in a situation where we had to much money that we knew what to do with so none of that stuff matters to either one of us.

I think people take marriage way to lightly and just give up at the first sign of trouble. I made a commitment to love her and stay married until the day I die and almost 17 years later I still feel the same if not stronger. She is pretty, smart, hard working ... hell she got the raw end of the deal I think

~Old
    Thats awsome bro... Dont you mean 8 yeares though

Thats awsome bro... Dont you mean 8 yeares though

oopps. typo since 1989 not 1999.. I sure messed that up. hahaha..

thanks

~Old

oopps. typo since 1989 not 1999.. I sure messed that up. hahaha..

thanks

~Old
    lol she might look at you and say WTF when you give her a card saying happy 9th hunny

That's awesome old!!!!

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ummm in a word no!

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    ummm in a word no!
    Booze not happy??????? Dont you have like a million kids??? Please explain dude

Fletch3138 is offline Associate Member
    It's a roller coaster. You always love that person regardless, but I think at times you can fall in and out of love, but it's easy to make it work. I saw a post that its about honest, love, and respect. Really it comes down to "Communication", you got that. Your good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch3138
    It's a roller coaster. You always love that person regardless, but I think at times you can fall in and out of love, but it's easy to make it work. I saw a post that its about honest, love, and respect. Really it comes down to "Communication", you got that. Your good!!
    I dunno bro, I agree that communication is key, but there are other factors... and personally if you love someone, you love them, plain and simple.. You shouldn't fall in and out of love with them in my opinion...

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    dont let divorce rates play with your head..
    noone can predict your future, all you have is wise decisions to make in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    dont let divorce rates play with your head..
    noone can predict your future, all you have is wise decisions to make in the present.
    this is true!! they say divorce for the most part is caused by money problems

this is true!! they say divorce for the most part is caused by money problems

Money is a big factor but when you have a strong marriage none of that stuff matters or should matter. My wife and I are best friends first and a married couple second. Money has put stress on us but in the beginning of our marriage we had money problems and some days did not get to eat or the only food was something we got for free from someone. I think we were actually tighter then.

I'm sorry I do not want to offend anyone on this but marriage is for life and too many people blame the other person for the issues when most of the time it is the one doing the blaming. Abuse and infidelity IMO are good reasons to not stay together and the second one can happen and I have an open mind and if it happens once it can be worked through, twice and the guy or girl is a whore and should be dropped. Money, work and other issues can all be worked through and what has helped me and my wife is we both give more than the other and Never keep a list of who did what or how much.

My wife does not want flowers, gold or diamonds she is more happy that I still open the car door for her each and every time we go somewhere. She likes that I hold her hand when we walk, she likes that I do for her without expecting anything in return (the funny part is I always do get more in return).

Do we fight? hell yes I am an a-hole sometimes... and sometimes she is a b-tch but we all have stress in our lives from work and such but when something happens we just let it go once it blows over and not bring it up over and over. Communication is important and we hold nothing back from each other.. The last thing I will say is I do things with my wife that I couldn't care less about.. If she wants to go the aquarium I go even if I hate fish and I don't drag along making her feel guilty and in return she will do the same for me.. of course the only thing I like is sex

Anyway swole brothers and sisters that feel like you are trapped in a boring dead-end marriage do something about it.. Maybe it is not your spouse that is boring, maybe it is You and your spouse is waiting for you to do something fun.

Okay okay maybe no one was looking for martial advice but I am up and it is early and I had a few moments to put some thoughts on the keys.

~Old

Money is a big factor but when you have a strong marriage none of that stuff matters or should matter. My wife and I are best friends first and a married couple second. Money has put stress on us but in the beginning of our marriage we had money problems and some days did not get to eat or the only food was something we got for free from someone. I think we were actually tighter then.

I'm sorry I do not want to offend anyone on this but marriage is for life and too many people blame the other person for the issues when most of the time it is the one doing the blaming. Abuse and infidelity IMO are good reasons to not stay together and the second one can happen and I have an open mind and if it happens once it can be worked through, twice and the guy or girl is a whore and should be dropped. Money, work and other issues can all be worked through and what has helped me and my wife is we both give more than the other and Never keep a list of who did what or how much.

My wife does not want flowers, gold or diamonds she is more happy that I still open the car door for her each and every time we go somewhere. She likes that I hold her hand when we walk, she likes that I do for her without expecting anything in return (the funny part is I always do get more in return).

Do we fight? hell yes I am an a-hole sometimes... and sometimes she is a b-tch but we all have stress in our lives from work and such but when something happens we just let it go once it blows over and not bring it up over and over. Communication is important and we hold nothing back from each other.. The last thing I will say is I do things with my wife that I couldn't care less about.. If she wants to go the aquarium I go even if I hate fish and I don't drag along making her feel guilty and in return she will do the same for me.. of course the only thing I like is sex

Anyway swole brothers and sisters that feel like you are trapped in a boring dead-end marriage do something about it.. Maybe it is not your spouse that is boring, maybe it is You and your spouse is waiting for you to do something fun.

Okay okay maybe no one was looking for martial advice but I am up and it is early and I had a few moments to put some thoughts on the keys.

~Old
    Look out doctor phil!!!! lol I totally agree with you.... except for the bolded part, if my wife cheated on me, there is no way I could ever trust her again. It would be done and over with!

Look out doctor phil!!!! lol I totally agree with you.... except for the bolded part, if my wife cheated on me, there is no way I could ever trust her again. It would be done and over with!

I agree with you this is a tough one and a pesonal choice. I know that my wife would not cheat on me but things can happen even when they (husband or wife) are not looking for it too. When you or your spouse work outside of the house they sometime get closer to co-workers than their spouse and things develop into something that should not be. People screw up and I am not saying that I would welcome my wife back like nothing happened but I *think* I could learn to forgive her as I hope that she could forgive me if we did the unthinkable. I came real close early on in our marriage when I worked with a lady we got to know each other very well and we worked nights together for a long time and ended up eating dinner together and spending hours alone together and feelings grew but I got lucky she moved before anything happened. I do not know if my wife would have forgiven me, probably not since it was so soon after we got together but no matter what I will try to work through any problems that arise between my bride and myself.

Again I am not saying you are wrong, I am probably wrong in this situation because cheating is cheating and is low but I am a realist and know how easy this can happen.. I am also thinking since I saw it almost happen to me I know it can happen very slow and easy. Now if she was just a whore and gave a BJ to some guy at work in the bathroom I would bury him and her in the backyard in a shallow grave

~Old

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    My GF an I have ben together over 3 years now, its the lngest relationship Ive ever been in and we have a 2 yr old child. I can truthfully say, I love my daughter with all my heart but, I chose the wrong person to have children with. We fight on/off, its up and down. I have straightened my ass up a lot beign with her na deverything but, not a day goes by that I dont wonder what or where I would be without here, and sometimes I think I might have been happier alone but, thtas probably wrong, when I was alone I know I wasnt happy back then either. I feel like I changed for her and I never thought i should change for anybody. I dont know if its for better or worse, maybe a little of both. There is issues with me as well, I know Im not a perfect person but, I dont think that our arguing is my fault 75% of the time. All I have time to do now is lift weights at home, this is all she has rendered me capable of. I used to have alot of tiem to pursue other interests but, I guess this is the place Ihave put myself in, little by little and its really only my fault Im here nad relatively unhappy. I need much more than what she gives me, not financially but, in other ways. She makes it hard for me to even go make money to support us. I go on my days off to do side jobs and she complains about it. Yea, she says that she would rather spend time with me but, I think its more of a control thing sub-contiously. OK, enough, you get the point.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    This is fitting in nicely here...

http://www.filecabi.net/video/1nightstandup.html

OMG! LMAO!! that is hysterical!

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    3yrs ago i met a german girl on vacation in palma spain. we got married 1yr ago. i was a **** hair away from running out of the church i was so scared. no we are more than happy. hell i cant go to sleep at night cause im so pumped i have her. man im glad i didnt run. that would have been the most retarded thing ive ever done in my life. shes awesome. goes to the gym w/me, cooks on demand, demands sex from me before i can even make a move, helps me study. she is truely an angel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information