Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Question Want to get a web site for my business

I want to get a web site for my body jewelry store (and take it to the next level) and wandered if anyone could offer tips or good places to start. I want to show pics of the jewelry I sell and do an online store and ship it to anywhere in the usa. (I don't want to mess with e-bay, that place is going down) Would love to hear from web designers, Swole, Brian and anyone that has experience with web sites and any thing to look out for ( I've had enough costly "learning experiences" )rates, good companies, etc.
    Thanks in advance

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    Not sure how in depth you want to get in terms of building the site yourself but you can purchase Templates and modify it with your information. Be careful though, some templates require photoshop and or dreamweaver..you can also build a cheap site on places like godaddy.com

Quote Originally Posted by NCNPC29
    Not sure how in depth you want to get in terms of building the site yourself but you can purchase Templates and modify it with your information. Be careful though, some templates require photoshop and or dreamweaver..you can also build a cheap site on places like godaddy.com
    Are there pitfalls to these programs I do like the thought of being able to change it at the store (we get new shipments every day now). Will look at godaddy.com also.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Are there pitfalls to these programs I do like the thought of being able to change it at the store (we get new shipments every day now). Will look at godaddy.com also.
    I've never personally used a template so can't really advise you on the pitfalls of it. Nice thing is the foundation is already done for you. My wife owns her own busienss and used godaddy.com... looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by NCNPC29
    I've never personally used a template so can't really advise you on the pitfalls of it. Nice thing is the foundation is already done for you. My wife owns her own busienss and used godaddy.com... looks very good.
    What kind of business does she own? Did she have any problems or concerns with the way the process went?(would love to look at her web site, but could understand if you want to keep that private)

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    If you have some experience then you can design it yourself. www dot codecharge dot com has very nice tools that you can use to create your own site. They have sample online stores too (similar to amazon dot com). You can use the software for free for 30 days and that should be sufficient to create your site.

After you create the site, you can buy a SSL membership to allow customers to pay online.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    If you have some experience then you can design it yourself. www dot codecharge dot com has very nice tools that you can use to create your own site. They have sample online stores too (similar to amazon dot com). You can use the software for free for 30 days and that should be sufficient to create your site.

After you create the site, you can buy a SSL membership to allow customers to pay online.
    What is that? I talked to my credit card processing company and they said it would be no problem to take credit cards with them.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Wheres oldman at...............??

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Wheres oldman at...............??

Calling oldman help Swole, Brian, anyone

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    PM oldman, he will help you. Im sure.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    you've got a PM

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    old member, spikernum1. ull remeber him as soon as u see his original thread, lol, doesnt know a lot bout working out, but amazing web designer. i'd throw him a pm, and u can have a look at what he's done previously. if he doesnt respond let me know, cause i know him personally

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Getting the site up/running is the easy part.

It's getting people TO your site, having something to offer that differs from the rest (appeal), and having word of mouth working for you are the things that take years to build.

~SC~

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    go daddy dot com

the_rebirth is offline Member
    pm oldman plz

She owns a dance studio. No problems or concerns at all. Easy to change and manipulate whenever you want. I'd say to PM me but for some reason I don't have the ability to do that. Not sure if you have to be on here for a certain amount of time or have a certain number of posts but I tried to PM my older brother who is on here and it won't let me.
    Last edited by NCNPC29; 06-13-2006 at 09:45 AM.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how big your business is and how in depth you want to go you might just want to spend the money on a web designer. They could get it up and working for you and set up the credit card payments, and make it look professional. That's what I would do because I don't know much about web design, but if you think you can do it yourself I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapabuff
    Depending on how big your business is and how in depth you want to go you might just want to spend the money on a web designer. They could get it up and working for you and set up the credit card payments, and make it look professional. That's what I would do because I don't know much about web design, but if you think you can do it yourself I say go for it.

Myself, I would do that because I also don't know much about web design but my wife and her sister did their site themselves and it's respectable. There are a lot of really awesome designers out there so if you go that route you won't have a lot of examples of their work.

Thread Information