Guys, I have truck fever!!!

I'm sick of my car, I wanna get a truck damnit!!! I've been looking at Chevy Colorado's and the GMC Canyons(basically the same thing) I think they look pretty sharp, and they are better on gas than a full size truck, which I cant afford anyways, good gas mielage or not. I think I want to get a crew cab, it'll give me a little room in the bed, and if I need to haul something bigger I'll just use a trailer. The only shitty thing is the trucks are availabe in a 4 cyl, 2.7 liter, and a 5 cyliner, 3.5 liter. I'd definitely be getting the 5 cylinder, but I think that it comes w/ 4 wheel drive standard. I dont care much for the 4 wheel drive where I live, but I suppose if i had to have it to get the bigger engine WTF right? Anyways, just thought I'd share, I'm bored, and I want a ****ing truck NOW!!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    For a truck your gonna need a big engine. You will get twice the mileage on a diesel. My truck sucks. 10 cylinder 8 liter. Eleven MPG. I got a car also. Just use it for moving things.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I'm sick of my car, I wanna get a truck damnit!!! I've been looking at Chevy Colorado's and the GMC Canyons(basically the same thing) I think they look pretty sharp, and they are better on gas than a full size truck, which I cant afford anyways, good gas mielage or not. I think I want to get a crew cab, it'll give me a little room in the bed, and if I need to haul something bigger I'll just use a trailer. The only shitty thing is the trucks are availabe in a 4 cyl, 2.7 liter, and a 5 cyliner, 3.5 liter. I'd definitely be getting the 5 cylinder, but I think that it comes w/ 4 wheel drive standard. I dont care much for the 4 wheel drive where I live, but I suppose if i had to have it to get the bigger engine WTF right? Anyways, just thought I'd share, I'm bored, and I want a ****ing truck NOW!!

sup SS, my cus just got a GMC Canyon its a pretty sweet ride i must say, although i think the interior is a little boaring, pretty plain on the inside but they have great AC and it drives nice, Chevy has always made a quality truck/SUV.

see I can get a nice hookup on one too, my father finances for a Chevy/GMC dealer, so I can get one for what they take it in on trade for. I called him this morning but all they had in a crew cab was an 04 GMC Canyon w/ 50,000 on it and they had 15g's in it, too much $ I think. You can get the ****ers brand new for just under 20,000.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    why not look at a new GM or Ford Truck that can run on ethanol?

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    why not look at a new GM or Ford Truck that can run on ethanol?

Havent looked into this yet, my guess is the ethanol vehicles will cost alot more money, plus how many ethanol sources will there be to fuel up at? It may be more scarce to find and when I'm almost on empty I dont need that shit. I think they're going to be alot like Hybrids, the cost does not justofy the savings in gas over the vehicles lifetime. We'll have to wait and see

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    nope they cost the same. the E85 vehicles are "flexible" meaning they can run on gasoline or E85, or any combo of the 2............

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    The new Chevy's and GMC are really nice i would go with one of them right now, my friend just got a GMC Yukon with black on black (First year for black on black) and it looks sharp!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    actually SS i'd wait till September when all the 2007 models come out and the dealers will be giving the 2006 models away.

MAJOR25 is offline Member
    Avalanch.....

chest6 is offline Banned
    Get a dodge ram..

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    nope they cost the same. the E85 vehicles are "flexible" meaning they can run on gasoline or E85, or any combo of the 2............

Sweet, I had no idea about this

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    If you're going to get a truck..Get a truck! not some half-asses/mid sized car on big suspension & tires, mise well get a minivan or a station wagon. What's 17 mpg city compared to 21 anyway...?
    You can do Sooo much more with it from a practicality standpoint JMO.

I do luv my F-150 4X4, so I'm kinda biased.

I'm always running out of gas but it's worth it...

-shaokahn-

Superhuman is offline Banned
    get a diesel F-350! did you know that you can use filtered vegetable oil for fuel in ANY diesel engine with no added equipment? They had it on mythbusters. You can get oil from a fast food restaraunt for free and just filter it - then you're ready to go!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    get a diesel F-350! did you know that you can use filtered vegetable oil for fuel in ANY diesel engine with no added equipment? They had it on mythbusters. You can get oil from a fast food restaraunt for free and just filter it - then you're ready to go!
    actually you might have to change all your lines, and if you live somewhere cold you need something to preheat it!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    man, i just got a F-150, and man, omg, i ****ing LUV it. been driving around a dink car for the last few years

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    if that 4x4 craps out it will mean $$$ out of you

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    How about the Audi Q7

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I agree with chest as well, have heard nothing but good things about the dodge rams.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and i love it.

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    he said he cant afford the fuel of a "full size" truck.. althought the ethanol/gas chevy avalanche is redesigned a bit this yr & costs the same & has the benefit of running on ethanol. other than that...honda ridgeline..toyota tacoma..the only ram I would cosider buying is that hemi...but the fuel cost would hurt.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    The Colorados are quite nice, I've driven afew. They are very nice. The crew cab, with the 5 cyl is available without 4x4, but only available with the automatic. Make sure to get one with the 3.73 ratio instead of the 3.42 axle ratio. It's a free option, and makes a world of differnce in the truck. With it, the truck feels WAY more powerfull, and fuel economy is very similar between the two ratios.

The Mitsubishi Raider is built on the Dodge Dakota chasis (exact same except ofr body panels and interior) but offers a 7 year 100,000 mile waranty. Which is better than the one through Dodge. Comes standard with a V6, and optional V8 motors. Something to consider too?

Superdrol1971 is offline Associate Member
    Ford Trucks Rule!!!!!!!!

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    get a silverado, and add stuff till you're broke
    Last edited by crash187ct; 04-23-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Thread Information