Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smedman101 is offline Associate Member

How Do you Rate Your GYM???

How many go to a big name gym???? I go to a old school LA Fitness her in ATL. We have many new ones being built. I am also a proud member of GOLDS.... OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

My point is my gym is shutting down...but to opening a new one..With Pool, basketball court, the whole nine yards

But how many think the new gyms are to FUFU....with all these dam machines and crap with 50 treadmills and ETC??? Is this where we are going in the weight training world?

Do I make any sense?

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i train at gold's as well..it's ok, but it's the best in town that's in my area..they are opening some lifetime fitness' here, but right now the only one is way to far

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    i go to a world gym. open 24hrs monday thru friday. has a pool, military style obstacle course, big room of all brand new cybex equipment, free weight room with hammer strength machines. has about a dozen treadmills and a few bikes. also has tanning, sauna, racquetball and a ladys and seniors area. although, i dont use most of what i just listed.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Member of Golds myself...no complaints here, except all the spandex from the Spin Cycle classes...

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    I love my gym...Has everything I need and if not I just request for something

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    LA Fitness and i love it, i give it a 9!

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    Spectrum (formerly known as Racketball and fitness)
    Has all the free weights I need, except someone stole the heavy duty calve raise step.
    My employer also pays for half of my membership.

Yes, all good....but do you think its to FUFU or to upscale in a way. It seems that the NEW Golds or LA fitness type gyms are to pretty!!!!

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    my gold's is kinf of "fu-fu", but **** it..they have everything i need..and the "fufu" girls are good to look at when spending an hour on the elliptical machine

chest6 is offline Banned
    Go to a smaller gym right next to my house..its really nice and has everything I need..no extras..and its never really that busy. Db's up to 130 which is decent...bad thing is I've bent all the bars..

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    mines pretty much a ****in dungeon...the dumbbell plates are tac welded together...umm...one piece of equipment used for doing shrugs is welded together from tubular steel and angle iron...u hold this thing in ur hands and then u can stack 45lb plates on it... One of the universals was loose at the top so the guy welded angle iron on to make it stable.....it does not have central air, the dude turns all the lights off and opens all the windows..and then hes got one window air conditioner, the kind u hang out of a window lol...kinda sucks if u go around noon and its 95 degrees out...alot of the pieces for tricep pushdowns are all custom made from angle iron and steel welded together...its some real good meathead shit if thats what u like...definately no pretty weights or equipment there...the dumbells have the weight written on them in white out...that should give u an idea of my gym, i dont mind it really besides not having ****ing air conditioning in the middle of summer...other then that its awesome for 10 bucks a month...

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    ehh the gym i go to could be better...i hate having to look for weight kinda messy sometimes. wish they would only use the basketball court for BASKETBALL. but the chicks that go there keep me coming back

I think small gyms are better. The last place gave me the keys I could work out on holidays and I had control of the dam radio!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    mines pretty much a ****in dungeon...the dumbbell plates are tac welded together...umm...one piece of equipment used for doing shrugs is welded together from tubular steel and angle iron...u hold this thing in ur hands and then u can stack 45lb plates on it... One of the universals was loose at the top so the guy welded angle iron on to make it stable.....it does not have central air, the dude turns all the lights off and opens all the windows..and then hes got one window air conditioner, the kind u hang out of a window lol...kinda sucks if u go around noon and its 95 degrees out...alot of the pieces for tricep pushdowns are all custom made from angle iron and steel welded together...its some real good meathead shit if thats what u like...definately no pretty weights or equipment there...the dumbells have the weight written on them in white out...that should give u an idea of my gym, i dont mind it really besides not having ****ing air conditioning in the middle of summer...other then that its awesome for 10 bucks a month...

I dont know....Is your bench press on blocks and plywood board for the bench with sweat stains???

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I goto a newer la fitness with everything. I love it. I dont understand why new shit is bad? Everything works the db's are 1 piece so no rattles.

A gym is what you make of it. If you need rusty shit and no a/c to get you pumped then great. I think everyone is different.

Moe-mentum is offline Banned
    Golds.You gotta do what you gotta do at any gym.
    Sometimes a guy has to get creative to accomadate himself.
    It's border line too pretty, but whatever, so am I
    I'm happy with my gym.
    Could use some outside pins on the squat rack for Deads, and a pullover machine.
    Thats it, thats all.

gixxerboy1,

I didnt say that they are bad...Its just that you look around in your gym, the cycles and machines take up more room than the free weights. FU-FU...

All BIG gyms are like this.....Yea...they have everything, put how long do you wait or how offten do you change your work set because you can not get on what you want.

Thats just my case. Thanks...Iam going home and to the gym!!!!ITS SHOLDER AND TRAP DAY!!!!!!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I go to a health club where they hand out towels and candy in the locker room and play classical music. There are no serious lifters there. I go there because they actually have very good equipment. All new.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    You guys seen the movie Dodgeball? My gym is basically "Globogym," a bit too fu fu. I just wear headphones that arent attached to any type of player and look angry all the time and folks stay out of my way.

Edit:100th post by the way. Do I get like a free voucher for 20% off my next cycle?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdan
    100th post by the way. Do I get like a free voucher for 20% off my next cycle?
    You win a deca only cycle!
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Mizfit is offline Banned
    My gym is a one off, but it's 24 hours.

I call it a man's gym - it has the equiptment i want. alot of the newer one's don't have the machines i like and they're not 24hrs.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smedman101
    How many go to a big name gym???? I go to a old school LA Fitness her in ATL. We have many new ones being built. I am also a proud member of GOLDS.... OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

My point is my gym is shutting down...but to opening a new one..With Pool, basketball court, the whole nine yards

But how many think the new gyms are to FUFU....with all these dam machines and crap with 50 treadmills and ETC??? Is this where we are going in the weight training world?

Do I make any sense?
    I also train at a LA fitness in jersey and it's a 10,000,000 facility fykin awesome all the free weights and machines you could imagine,but if I wanna switch it up I also have a 24 shithole that I can go to where there's 180lb dumbells and never any chicks your typical hardcore house,but I like LA fitness you will to once a 10,000,000 facility opens near you.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    my gym has alot of dumbells + some bars = not much freeweights which is ok..
    they have like 10 cybex machines which are ok.. and they have like 20 nautilus machines the old school 80s big black things which in my opinion are the best fing workout know to man kind... apparently people say they are like cheating they are that good... over all i give it 9/10 it have a tan machine and a shower lol

stee is offline Member
    Go to a proper rough house gym in an old mill.
    Every peice of training kit you ever could need.
    funny enough it aint a branch. if it was there would be loads of meant heads in the UK
    id give it 9 out of 10 it dont get 10 as im in to more powerlifing and the stuff there is hard core bodybuilding.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Where I live, there are 4 full facility recreation centers. They are packed with huge weight rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis and racquetball courts, etc.....They are all very nice and would hold their own against any major gym..... EXCEPT: their dumbbells only go up to 110lbs.

Cost: $35 monthly home-owner's dues.

I love it here.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    mine is 40 buxks a month

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    The chain I work for varies at the different locations. The one I was previously worked at until a couple weeks ago was a massive location with sauna, hot tubs, really nice change rooms, massive amounts of cardio and machines and expensive prices. The one I got promoted to is known as "club crank" and is full of more hardcore lifters and is about 25 years old. It's still a nice enough club, it's not like it's a shit hole or anything but it's definitly a different crowd.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hmm,

Pros

Close to where I live
    Not a bad price (35 quid a month)
    Has the equipment I need..
    Has a punch bag in the back room

Cons

Kinda small
    Annoying when you need to use something that's being used, CAUSE the gym is small and has not enough equipment
    Owner is a bit off a doofus and has hands down the biggest arse i've ever seen on a woman. And not in a good way.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I go to a Shapes gym. It's ok. Best in my city, but that's not saying much. I wish they would build a gym with a pool, and more activity centers. Mine only has a weight center, and cardio section. There is a fair amount of stuff for women, but it doesn't catter to well to the unisex stuff.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I get a sick discount though from my work. Only $26 a month.

GUnit33 is offline Member
    Weights - B+ (All the essentials, nothing over the top)
    Cardio - A+ (Everything under the sun)
    Eyecandy - A- (Tons of milfs and gold diggers, but not too many 18-23 year olds)

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    dring the summer i go to a former gold's gym... basically the smae equipment as a gold's gym except in worse shape.

its a good gym.. lots of useful equipment

during the school time i go to my school's gym... limited equipment, limited everything. They als ocomplain if you growl or grunt during a set and if u were to perhaps drop a dumbbell after doing a set of flat bench, even from a low height, a psycho bitch comes and yells at you.

Quote from her, "if you cant control the weight, then you shouldnt be doing it"
    i wanna see her try to curl what she can bench. It doesnt even look like she works out.

get plenty of retarded comments from the (un)knowledgeable staff (and theyre suppose to be kine majors!)

most of it is paid thru my school fees, but to get into the gym itself is $10 a year

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i train at a rec center that has EVERYTHING!
    and lots of em

DB's up to 150's going to get em up to 200's they say but at like 800bux per DB .. thats ALOTTA MONEY!
    and its huge w/a TRACK on 2nd floor and an olypmic pool

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i dont give a crap either way, as long as it has barbells/dumbells/a tolite and an ice cream stand im happy.

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i dont give a crap either way, as long as it has barbells/dumbells/a tolite and an ice cream stand im happy.
    ice cream stand, wtf!? i thought it was a little wierd that my gym makes coffee for its members.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ona scale of 1-10.......a 2.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    nuthing beats 24 hr gyms.. LUV it

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i like my gym. theres some really pretty females that work there, including one goddess i was talkin to today. shes so hot, makes me wanna lick her

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    there are some punks with bad attitudes there though, including this one scrawny, ugly ass little bitch that always got this tough guy look on his face.

well fu_k him and his 13 inch arms too

rake922 is offline Banned
    My gym is 90% males it seems.. at least the people that go our mostly guys.
    Of the 10% of females that attend about 1% of them are good lookin

But the way I see it I guess the chicks would be a bonus... I'm not really there for the women.

A clean locker room and plenty of equipment are what I find to be most important in a gym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information