solid-d is offline Member

For those who Lift first thing in the morning..

I always liked working out at night much better then in the morning.. But now I dont have a choice because of my work.. I am real sluggish in the morning and have to get out of that mind set.. Well my main question is, what do you eat before you go to the gym and how long till after you go to the gym..ususally I cant lift as heavy in the morning then I can at night.. But like I said I have no choice now.. So please give some insite for those who lift first thing in the morning.. thanks

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by solid-d
    I always liked working out at night much better then in the morning.. But now I dont have a choice because of my work.. I am real sluggish in the morning and have to get out of that mind set.. Well my main question is, what do you eat before you go to the gym and how long till after you go to the gym..ususally I cant lift as heavy in the morning then I can at night.. But like I said I have no choice now.. So please give some insite for those who lift first thing in the morning.. thanks

i eat 12 eggwhites and 1 cup oats. and a 12 oz mug of colombian coffee, i use to workout in the afternoon around 2pm but i have been going in the morning sometime between 5am - 9am. it takes a little getting used to just like anyting eles but i love it now becasue i can eat the rest of the day for repair and growth.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    ECY.. egg whites and oats 15-30 minutes after workout.... i feel that the ECY gives me the boost i need while burning fat at the same time....JMO

Brazil is offline Member
    I am super pressed for time. I wake and just down ON's weight gainer with 600 cals no sugar 55 grams protein. It sux but life is hard. I wait an hour and go to gym.

statuZ is offline Banned
    i always find a great pre workout stimulation in droppin a nice duecy deuce. a state of meditation almost if u willl.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    egg whites and oats.
    thats what i have before i train the morning.
    every morning.
    you will get used to it, i have been training in the mornings for about 3 years.
    you will actually like it better.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Im the exact opposit. I hate to workout in the evening because I am slow and tired. In the morning I feel like the energizer bunny or something

I usualy hit a shake with whey, milk and a banana and then head for the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im the exact opposit. I hate to workout in the evening because I am slow and tired. In the morning I feel like the energizer bunny or something

I usualy hit a shake with whey, milk and a banana and then head for the gym.
    hmmmm energizer bunny does that make you 2 minute man

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Ya mvther fvckers want some fvcking motivation ?? How about some M-80 being fired and getting hosed down by ice cold water?? how's that for fvcking motivation maggots???

Maybe if you can't wake up and do it, you're just not cut out for this shit, maybe you should accept that you're a fat weakling...why are you doing this to yourself??? just sit in bed....relax......wake up hop in ur cozy car and get dougnuts and a big ice coffee...yeah....life is good.....

WAKE UP AND WORKOUT MUTHERFVCKER, JUST WAKE UP AND GO FVCKING WORKOUT MAGGOT...DO IT!!!!!

*mmm Ive been reading too much SEALS books, I should deff become a drill sergeant*

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by collar
    hmmmm energizer bunny does that make you 2 minute man
    thats all the time I need

lol as long as your happy ay??

Mizfit is offline Banned
    a small whole wheat bagel and a banana

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Well I no longer lift in the morning seeing as I am single again and all the hunnies are in the gym in the evening

But, when I did I usually ate

8 egg whites
    oats
    1 cup mixed fruit
    1 cup milk

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Ya mvther fvckers want some fvcking motivation ?? How about some M-80 being fired and getting hosed down by ice cold water?? how's that for fvcking motivation maggots???

Maybe if you can't wake up and do it, you're just not cut out for this shit, maybe you should accept that you're a fat weakling...why are you doing this to yourself??? just sit in bed....relax......wake up hop in ur cozy car and get dougnuts and a big ice coffee...yeah....life is good.....

WAKE UP AND WORKOUT MUTHERFVCKER, JUST WAKE UP AND GO FVCKING WORKOUT MAGGOT...DO IT!!!!!
    *mmm Ive been reading too much SEALS books, I should deff become a drill sergeant*

pure motivation

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Man I used to workout with my friend and I had the drive for it 5:20 in the morning till 7:30 I would go to his house, get in and get close to his bed with a grin on my face cause of what was about to happen.....

then Id scream "MUTHER FVCKER GET UP!!!! GET UP FVCKER GET THE FVCK UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT WE'RE ALREADY LATE CAUSE OF YOU GODDAMNIT" and Id make alot of noise and sometimes slap him to get him pissed off as fvck......now we have diff goals but that SOB has a steady schedule now....

Hot chick in ur avi btw

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Man I used to workout with my friend and I had the drive for it 5:20 in the morning till 7:30 I would go to his house, get in and get close to his bed with a grin on my face cause of what was about to happen.....

then Id scream "MUTHER FVCKER GET UP!!!! GET UP FVCKER GET THE FVCK UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT WE'RE ALREADY LATE CAUSE OF YOU GODDAMNIT" and Id make alot of noise and sometimes slap him to get him pissed off as fvck......now we have diff goals but that SOB has a steady schedule now....

Hot chick in ur avi btw

Thanks she's a twin too, yeah you need the jump start some mornings its not ment for all people but i love it i'll be at the gym in about 40mins

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    Well I no longer lift in the morning seeing as I am single again and all the hunnies are in the gym in the evening

But, when I did I usually ate

8 egg whites
    oats
    1 cup mixed fruit
    1 cup milk

Now how long did you wait till you worked out after eating all this..

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    what do you eat before you go to the gym and how long till after you go to the gym
    1 hour before I lift I eat:
    10 egg whites, 1 cup oats, hot coffee, and I'm stacking NO2 and CE2...actually gives me a great pump!
    I'm cutting btw.

i would eat about an hour or so before training,sometimes hour and a half if its legs...

otherwise most of the time i will see my meal on the floor, what a waste..

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    1 hour before I lift I eat:
    10 egg whites, 1 cup oats, hot coffee, and I'm stacking NO2 and CE2...actually gives me a great pump!
    I'm cutting btw.

Whats your weight and height.. seems like a bit on the heavy side for a preworkout meal in the AM... Wouldnt that much food 1 hr befoe make u sluggish.. I mean im always sluggish in the morning..

Quote Originally Posted by solid-d
    Whats your weight and height.. seems like a bit on the heavy side for a preworkout meal in the AM... Wouldnt that much food 1 hr befoe make u sluggish.. I mean im always sluggish in the morning..

nah i eat 12 eggwhites with 1 cup oats, im good to go in an hr. you will be fine, egg whites get abbsorb rather quickly and with in an hr. i feel fine

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Brown rice-about 60-80 grams worth. a couple slices of wheat bread if i feel i need it

4-8 oz of chicken depending on if i am hungry enough.
    scoop and a half of whey

but pre workout meal is the ONE meal of the day where i think carbs are more imp than protein.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    When i train in the am i normally have nothing prior

Doesn't affect my energy or strenth levels

Thread Information