steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

does your woman give you a hardtime in the offseason ?

Alright alright.....here we go now during What is referred to as the "Off-Season" by bodybuilders is the time of the season when there are no bodybuilding shows. This period typically runs from the end of November to the beginning of March. The Off-Season is used to build muscle mass, fix weaknesses and attain a higher level of development to be later displayed at a bodybuilding show. Now, if you are a non-competitive bodybuilder, your off-season is the designated time when you decide to gain new muscle mass that is to be displayed later on during Spring or Summer at the beach, family reunion or wedding. In my opinion, a better name for the "Off-Season" should be "Mass Building Season", as off-season seems to imply lack of activity, something that cannot be farther from the truth....right guys ?
    right....well my girl hates it when im in the off-season ----do to BF gain im guessing and im 20 pounds heavier hahah and that prolly feels a little diffrent ya know what i mean.

WHY??? prolly because i live in TX and its never cold and there is lways time to go to the beach so i can be shirtless year round....well i dont wann diet year round i told her, i said you have no idea how hard it can be sometimes....this year alone i have dieted for almost 8 months and i have had enough im gonna let loose for a while and enjoy the rest of the year YES YES im still eating clean ass foods but if i want a steak and tater then by all means im gonna get it.

Now does your girl give you a hard time during the lovly off-season ???
    Last edited by steve0; 08-18-2006 at 04:55 PM.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    My girl does, but only when my stomach starts to show the weight gain. She is the first to comment on it if it sticks out a little more than usual. I am not going "off season" this fall...I am sticking through and trying stay lean for a mass building period in the new year...

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    My girl does, but only when my stomach starts to show the weight gain. She is the first to comment on it if it sticks out a little more than usual. I am not going "off season" this fall...I am sticking through and trying stay lean for a mass building period in the new year...

hahaha what do you tell her ??? your gonna stick through it eh ?? im gonna start now then start cutting up in the new year

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    Alright alright.....here we go now during What is referred to as the "Off-Season" by bodybuilders is the time of the season when there are no bodybuilding shows. This period typically runs from the end of November to the beginning of March. The Off-Season is used to build muscle mass, fix weaknesses and attain a higher level of development to be later displayed at a bodybuilding show. Now, if you are a non-competitive bodybuilder, your off-season is the designated time when you decide to gain new muscle mass that is to be displayed later on during Spring or Summer at the beach, family reunion or wedding. In my opinion, a better name for the "Off-Season" should be "Mass Building Season", as off-season seems to imply lack of activity, something that cannot be farther from the truth....right guys ?
    right....well my girl hates it when im in the off-season ----do to BF gain im guessing and im 20 pounds heavier hahah and that prolly feels a little diffrent ya know what i mean.

WHY??? prolly because i live in TX and its never cold and there is lways time to go to the beach so i can be shirtless year round....well i dont wann diet year round i told her, i said you have no idea how hard it can be sometimes....this year alone i have dieted for almost 8 months and i have had enough im gonna let loose for a while and enjoy the rest of the year YES YES im still eating clean ass foods but if i want a steak and tater then by all means im gonna get it.

Now does your girl give you a hard time during the lovly off-season ???
    Whats not clean about a steak and tater ?

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Kale's women gives me a HARDtime whenever i see that avy...J/K bro...what you got planned for the weeekend dude?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    Kale's women gives me a HARDtime whenever i see that avy...J/K bro...what you got planned for the weeekend dude?
    Not much man, laying by the pool today and some parties I think, pretty mellow weekend . How about you ?

DDDNTZ is offline Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Whats not clean about a steak and tater ?

well i will have a little ice cream with it to !!!!

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i agree that it would be more fitting to call it mass building season rather than off season.

i like bulking though

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i have noone in my life so i dont have that problem thank god..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    If your gf only likes you when you're in shape then she is shallow as all hell. Dump her with a quickness.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    If your gf only likes you when you're in shape then she is shallow as all hell. Dump her with a quickness.

very true

hahah, very true carlos very true, she dost bust my balls persay, but you no what i mean it like when im lean shes a little more horny than usual and when im not she not that horny, i dont mind as long as i get mine a few times a week but it's just annoying,

she says " whould you like it if us woman had an off-season ? i said you do its called pregnacy !!!

Thats funny.

But think about it. If you called her fat every so often I bet her family and friends would hate you and say you're an awful boyfriend. Yet the same doesn't apply to her.

But think about it. If you called her fat every so often I bet her family and friends would hate you and say you're an awful boyfriend. Yet the same doesn't apply to her.

i didnt think of it that way you make a good point

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I put on 50 lbs in my offseason last year...My girl preferred me with bulk rather than shredded.

Actually most chicks here hate it when i'm in contest shape... Big is good.. Shredded is a turn-off.. Go figure.

Nark

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I put on 50 lbs in my offseason last year...My girl preferred me with bulk rather than shredded.

Actually most chicks here hate it when i'm in contest shape... Big is good.. Shredded is a turn-off.. Go figure.
    Nark

that makes 0 sense nark ? did you ask em why

that makes 0 sense nark ? did you ask em why
    Me shredded = veins everywhere.. sunken cheeks etc. There is no in between.

Me offseason = big.. Not obese but not lean either.. Almost zero 'nasty veins'... and 'ugly striations'

Most Women seem to think veins are scary.. and striations unnatural (not my girl of course.. but she still prefers me with more 'meat')

Me shredded = veins everywhere.. sunken cheeks etc. There is no in between.

Me offseason = big.. Not obese but not lean either.. Almost zero 'nasty veins'... and 'ugly striations'

Most Women seem to think veins are scary.. and striations unnatural (not my girl of course.. but she still prefers me with more 'meat')

well my girl is complete oposite the only upside to my off0season is that im in a great mood all the time im never cranky or bitchy from dieting i tend to stay more focosed on my shit and seem to give her less attention during the season

BTW Nark my show got moved to a later date there were not enough competitors !!! see there is a show here tommorow night the NPC Summit classic so thats takeing up alot of the other competitors time so mine got moved to the end on the year

i know, its bullsh_t isnt it?

Nark you gain 50lbs in the off season !!!! Jesus !!! you must be smooth and creamy like peanut butter !!

BTW Nark my show got moved to a later date there were not enough competitors !!! see there is a show here tommorow night the NPC Summit classic so thats takeing up alot of the other competitors time so mine got moved to the end on the year
    Cool man.. Don't come off your diet tho... Try to get as hard as possible.. then maybe 'lean bulk' or go to a maintenance phase.. and then cut again for the show

Mine's tomorrow evening.. and i'm hyped

Here listening to "Stupify"--Disturbed

And hitting muscle shots lol.

awsome Nark you look great in the avvy and im sure you'll knock out the competition

Nark you gain 50lbs in the off season !!!! Jesus !!! you must be smooth and creamy like peanut butter !!
    lol..

Me at the end of my offseason this year: 212 lbs

Me two weeks ago: 38 lbs lighter lol

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate bulking, because I'm always eating, and my gf has no will power... so she eats too. She ended up gaining more weight than me.

Then it's my fault she gained the weight, because I tempted her with the food.

lol..

Me at the end of my offseason this year: 212 lbs

I'd take this version and you know why!

Lmao!..

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    I personally love men off season....yes its nice to have that shredded look, but its not possible 365 days of the year!

But, than again...my thoughts are different from most woman being in the same boat as yourself!

Good thing I'm single!
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I dont usually have a girlfriend on the regular, but I get mixed opinions from different girls. Some girls prefer me in contest shape and some rpefer offseason. The other night I was out and I saw a girl I kind of dated and ended things with a couple weeks b4 my show and I hadnt seen her since..she said "yes!! I like you like this, dont go getting all skinny on me again!!" I have gained about 30lbs since the last time she saw me...Im still lean but very full and with less veins or sunken in cheeks. Then others girls tell me I am "too big" in the offseason and that they like my face better when I am dieting. Either way though ALL women hate it when I am DEEP into offseason and I sometimes let my BF get out of control and my face gets wayy too puffy, but I dont intend to let that happen anymore, as it is unhealthy and too hard to get back into shape. Plus after doing a show I have tons of newfound discipline with keeping my diet clean year around.

I guess its just different strokes for different folks (chicks) lol

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Well I dont usually have a girlfriend on the regular, but I get mixed opinions from different girls. Some girls prefer me in contest shape and some rpefer offseason. The other night I was out and I saw a girl I kind of dated and ended things with a couple weeks b4 my show and I hadnt seen her since..she said "yes!! I like you like this, dont go getting all skinny on me again!!" I have gained about 30lbs since the last time she saw me...Im still lean but very full and with less veins or sunken in cheeks. Then others girls tell me I am "too big" in the offseason and that they like my face better when I am dieting. Either way though ALL women hate it when I am DEEP into offseason and I sometimes let my BF get out of control and my face gets wayy too puffy, but I dont intend to let that happen anymore, as it is unhealthy and too hard to get back into shape. Plus after doing a show I have tons of newfound discipline with keeping my diet clean year around.

I guess its just different strokes for different folks (chicks) lol
    Dude..you look good to me 24/7! I don't give a sh#t if your puffy or skinny...gimme!
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    my girl likes me bigger. Apparently Im all scary and manly when Im bigger!!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet
    Dude..you look good to me 24/7! I don't give a sh#t if your puffy or skinny...gimme!
    Shit, you're tempting me to make a long drive up North! You want it...you dont even have to ask girl. For real...

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i am not a bber, but i am a powerlifter, in recent times, idroped down under 180lbs for a mett, thani bulke d back tomy normal 215lbs at about 13%bf. my old lady likes me better heavier because:
    1 i am less irritable
    2 it is alot easier for us to go out to eat or go for drink and i dont have to calorie or carb count
    3 i am also told i look emaciated when i drop weight and i look much more healthy being heavier. i may look bettee when i cut weight, but i sure dont feel well, i feel the wind could blow me over.

im bout to straight up give a my girl a hard time about this, she raggs me but not forever let see what she says BRB

I prefer a guy off season than being totally ripped. For myself, I think I look younger off season than in contest shape. My face looks like shit with sunken cheeks and bones showing every where.

LM79 is offline Associate Member
    My ex used to get pissed off with my discipline. Her moods were up and down like whores draws. When she was down I would come home from work to find chocolate wrappers everywhere, then she complain she was getting fat and that was bad coz she had a modelling job coming up. I would be like well tighten up your diet. Then I would get yelled at saying it was easy for guys, girls have hormones to deal with. I just couldn’t win! She was to busy worrying about herself to care weather I was in or off season.
    So I decided not to marry her (witch was planned for November)
    I’m going to try and find a girl that is happy with herself therefore happy with who I am… any time of the year!

Thread Information