Chins is offline Junior Member

Traveling and Prescription Drugs Question

So I have a family memeber that has to travel outside of the country. The person is a recovring addict. My question is can a recovering addict bring methadone outside of the country? I mean there are people all over the world that take this and I wondered what do people do when they travel?

As a side note this person is close to me and has done a tremendous turnaround so lets keep it serious.

Thanks

Mizfit is offline Banned
    maybe grab a doctors note to go along with presciption

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    A note from his doctor couldn't hurt,like a copy of his script.
    If your friend is serious about staying clean get him to kick it naturelly and it will be that much more of a moral builder for him.I'm from jersey so I have a little experience with people who have kicked and watch out for "menzos"{xanax,valume etc}they say combining these with methadone is just like heroin.From what I've seen the best place for someone to find himself and sobriety is in jail and I don't mean that in derogatory way.

"Sometimes a person has to lose everything to gain the will to do anything"

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I kicked it on my own man. When i was younger i had a serious problem with that and i ended up in jail for a while. When i eventually got out i relapsed like three different times. I never went back to jail but i finally just had enough. I couldnt stand living my life like that anymore and i kicked it cold turkey. If he really wants to stop doing it he should be able to quit without the methadone IMO. Its definitely hard but its get easier as time goes by. I have been clean from that crap for almost three years now.
    Last edited by rar1015; 08-21-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I kicked it on my own man. When i was younger i had a serious problem with that and i ended up in jail for a while. If he really wants to stop doing it he should be able to quit without the methadone IMO. Its definitely hard but its get easier as time goes by. I have been clean from that crap for almost three years now.

And without that methadone crutch it made kicking that much more vindicating right you probably felt like you really acheived something.Congratulations by the way.

I kicked once in a detox (which is better to do than using methadone) and the last time was on my own which was probably the worst couple of weeks of my entire life. That is definitely something i never want to go through again. The longer you wait to stop, the harder it gets.

Unfortunetly kicking is not going to be an option. I agree with what most of you guys said but this person tries cold turkey and its not going to work out. The main thing is to be able to fucntion in society and be able to improve your life and I cann'ot agrue the fact that this person is doing both of those. Of course getting off 100% is the goal and it will happen it just will not happen overnight.

Just trying to see who has experience with taking scripts (are they even scripts?) over sees. Its not like your normal script ya know.

Thanks everyone

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1
    And without that methadone crutch it made kicking that much more vindicating right you probably felt like you really acheived something.Congratulations by the way.
    meedications, if necessary, are not a crutch

I can somewhat agree with ya on that but there are better ways to do it than methadone. Methadone can actually be a lot worse for you and it can actually be a lot more addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Agreed.

this person has used for a very very long time and was 100% shot. the person now looks terrific and is doing much much better. Nice to see this person just fucntion. We are taking it very slow. The object is too get clean. Many things in this persons life are not going the way they should go so this is a giant step.

Thats good to here. Ive been there plenty of times and i know how hard it is so i'll be pulling for him bro. Good luck with everything.

Thanks

Now we had to find out how we get him to an island with all his meds. I guess I will contact my doctor for advice but for the last 4 yrs I come to the board first, its where I get my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    This is true,but anything done on a naturel level builds a serious level of moral so the individual beleives he oe she can acheive more in life without the assistance of drugs.I know you said you have ADHD and medications are taken to make symptoms subside and with that type of condition meds are nessasserry,but if a drug addict in any copacity can get clen and sober from the drugs that ultimatly took a big part of his life away from him without the assisstance of more drugs that's a big deal for that person he just slayed the dragon on his own ya know.People tend to get addicted to methadone just like heroin there's been people on methodone for 10 20 years because they can't face there dependency problem on there own and go through hell to do it.After an addict goes through this process and is sucsessful he knows that going thru it again could ultimatly kill him.Just my experience with people on the shit

I think dosages and length of time have alot to do with it. I read alot recently and it looks like people who go off cold turkey have a higher change of relapsing. The body is a powerful thing so you must be careful with it. I truly believe it this person was to quit cold they would be hospitalized.

Me personally? I believe cold turkey is the way to go but I don't know enough about this or the powers of it. However the more I read the more they say its not about what you are taking its about fucnitiong in society and getting your life back, if that means meth for 1 yr then so be it. Its not a short term thing its quiting for life

I was and i worded that post wrong. The times i quit cold turkey i was in a detox and i wasnt medicated. I was only there so the hospital could monitor me because i was so bad with the drug.

I guess i should have explained this a little better. I dont know how it is where you are but around here there a methadone clinics all around and you dont need a doctors approval to get it, you can basically just walk in a get it. This is what i ment when i said its worse for you because people start to abuse that and get addicted to it. If its monitored by a doctor then its ok.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if its for medical reasons he can get a doctors certificate he/she will be fine and will have the all clear..

Thanks

I am going to see my doctor and see if he can pt me in the right direction.

Thanks for all the responses

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    If he has the perscriptio there shouldn't be any problem, good luck to him in any case

Thread Information