Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Uncle Had a Heart Attack FYI

My Uncle had what the Doctor referred to as a "widow-maker" heart attack last week. (He made it and that's what I am posting about). He's a retired Marine who has endured many brutal injuries throughout his life and said that the pain he experienced with the heart attack made all the others seem mild in comparison. Being is such pain made him compliant about going to the Hospital ASAP, which saved his life.

So, I spent some time in the CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit) and learned that lots of people have "mild" herat attacks and being the bad asses they are, chalk it up to heartburn, indigestion, etc......Each of these little heart attacks cause serious problems for the future SO:

If you have a history of heart disease in your family, are at risk, etc......learn the warning signs and don't be a dick. If you could be having a heart attack, take an aspirin and het thee to a hospital. Better safe than sorry. The fact that his attack was so brutal, in a way, probably saved his life, for if it had been mild, the old Marine would have just kept working in his yard.

I'm not a praying kinda guy, but for any of you so inclined, his name is Tommy, he's a man of faith and he's a great man.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    He'll be in my prayers dude. I need to go back to church speaking of which. A lot of people I didn't know wished my family well and kept us in their prayers when we were goin through some tough shit so it's only right that I do the same for another stranger. Glad to hear he made it.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Sorry to hear the bad news bro, and i hope he get's well. We will keep him in our prayers man!

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Thanks Y'all

I love him like a dad. While he looked good in the hospital, I could tell he had thought it was the end for him. It's a little spooky to look into your bad-ass/ Biker/ Marine recon Uncle's eye's and see fear. I don't think this guy has ever been scared. Thank you for your thoughts and prayer.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear about that man. Thanks for the info though because my family has a history of heart attacks so i'll be more careful about this. Thanks bro.

Thread Information