Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Obese family members thread

if you have fat immediate family members, maybe this will help you understand somethings about yourself.

for a more personal side of Bo..

Now I understand most of the people on these boards have thier reasons for working out. Whether or not your motivation is to be healthy or aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, we all have our reasons. We all have something inside of us that makes us drag our asses into the gym everyday, something that 90% of the general population fails to do. 60% of which are overweight and 30% that are obese.

My dad is probaly in the 10-15% range for those who are moderately/highly obese. And dont get me wrong, I love the motherfvcker, but a lot of times I want to vomit in his face. If anyone else can relate to this I'd like to know, because sometimes I feel like a piece of shit. But HE is the reason I drag my ass out the door with my running shoes 5 days a week, he is the reason I lift and care about what I eat period thee end, not because i want to perfect bod, not because i want to 'impress' people.

Everyday he comes home from work goes to the bathroom, gets changed and eats dinner (about 5 oclock) He usually hangs out in the kitchen (because we have digital cable hooked up in there) and between 5-10pm EVERY FVCKING day all he does is eat eat eat eat eat. He's on 5 different meds for diabetes, hi blood-pressure, cholesterol, etc. But hes STILL eats like a fvcking pig. I've tried to get him in shape, have tried scaring him by doing research on diabetes and what happens to the body when you dont take care of it. He shows concern, but still eats.

He has back and joint problems, hides his fvcking food now, and has all kinds of health problems and its like the thing that fvcks me up is the way I see him is EXACTLY the SAME way I would see a heroin addict or a speed freak. They are killing themselves slowy because they have NO self control whatsoever. Its like they want to fvvking die, I dont get it. And as smart as he is it only makes it that much more confusing.

He is the reason for everything I am when it comes to my views on health. Its like everywhere I turn my head, at work, at school, restarunts, EVERYWHERE, there are fat people, grotesquely obese lards of blubber limping around sniffing the air in anticipation of thier next attack. Fatness swaying in synchrony to the wobbling of thier fat asses. Its fvcking gross. And I've become extremely discriminatory towards fat people because of it. Im not sure if its right, but I really see them as a plague, its sad, but im just being honest.

So I realize I have maybe a couple years left with my dad (if im lucky) and the disease of obesity will take the toll on yet another. And the thing that makes me truley furious towards all these fat people, because my hate is never unjustified. They dont realize that for most of them, at least 99%, theres someone who loves them and admires them to fvcking death. And lives in silence about the one thing that will take them away from you. Its really some deep shit sometimes. How this one little thing will literally effect my whole life, how one day in the future i might go over the edge and scream at my non-existing child till he cries because he ate an extra value meal or some shit.

So my message is this. We as people plants seeds EVERYWHERE we go. The majority of the time we dont really realize we are even doing it. But we fitness concerned people, we are few and far between, we're a rare breed. Take a glimpse at statistics. Its nauseating. All i can ask from you people is everywhere you go and everything you do, plant a seed that will grow into a healthy vibrant shiny tree. Not an morbidly appauling fat one thats leaning to the side because he cant stop shoving fvcking shit in his mouth..

peace.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    be thankful for this lesson your father has blessed you with at his own expense

chest6 is offline Banned
    Damn..great post. Really, the only overweight relative I had was my aunt that died of cancer about 10 years back It really is sad I can't stand watching people that are overweight continue to live the same life day after day

Foskamink is offline Banned
    my mum is extremely fat.. but she buys me everything she can and works hard so my family can have a good lifestyle.. i try to encourage her to get on the exercise bike she bought, but some people will never change.

my brother went down that path.. 20 pounds over weight... till i kicked his ass a few times and made him realise it wasnt hard to change..

now his bf% is probly lower then mine.. but his only 13 but still is able to do very light weights... watch out 2016 mr universe...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    My girlfriends mom is obese, i sat down with her in the past and laid out an attack plan on a diet. It did'nt last long at all.

From what my g/f say's her day consists of waking up, having breakfast, reading cook books, deciding what to cook/eat throughout the day.

She has recently bought $300 worth of NutriSystem food that was shipped through the mail, the resupply of food mysteriously did not arrive on time so she had a nice 2-3 week break.

I never think about it much but my g/f has seemed to grow more frustrated about it.

What's even worse is that she is a nurse.

There is nothing you can do, they know they are huge, but they don't wanna change, if they did, they would.
    ***No source checks!!!***

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Check out my post from a few months ago about this very topic. I chose to take the "hard love" approach. Hey, it has been working believe it or not!

Keeping it real with the in-laws: Did I mess up?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Check out my post from a few months ago about this very topic. I chose to take the "hard love" approach. Hey, it has been working believe it or not!

Keeping it real with the in-laws: Did I mess up?
    I like that approach..its one of the few things that will work

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    My sister and her husband are both seriously obese. My sister is around 5'4 and weights I guess around 250+ ibs. My sister got diabetes when she was like 21 or so. The 3 pregnancies she has gone through has probably had a big negative impact on her health and she smokes aswell(she didnt smoke while pregnant though).

She is 26 now and I can honestly not imagine her living past 40 if she doesnt change her lifestyle completely. She and her husband has tried a couple of times but always failed. Now they are trying again and it seems more succesfull and I hope they will stick with it long term. If she eats and smokes herself to death and leave 3 young kids without a mother it would be the most selfish act.

I have given up in trying to convince them though. It makes no difference if i whine or not. She blames genetics. But we are both exactly the same. I get fat just as easily as she does but I turned it around.

/\ /\ yeh good shit mavsluva, its like even if i did make a bold move like that for a minute and kind of challenged his reality, its like im literally competing with 50 something years of conditioning, ever since he was little and his mother use to overfeed the shit out of him.
    than people get older and it becomes such a strong coping mechinism (as faulty as it is) and if you take a way thier food you literally take away any incentive to cope with life.
    so i dont know, i think if i can get a joint effort with my mom to like slap a dead bolt on the fridge, maybe we can get some shit accomplished before its too late.. but i hate to say i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    My sister and her husband are both seriously obese. My sister is around 5'4 and weights I guess around 250+ ibs. My sister got diabetes when she was like 21 or so. The 3 pregnancies she has gone through has probably had a big negative impact on her health and she smokes aswell(she didnt smoke while pregnant though).

She is 26 now and I can honestly not imagine her living past 40 if she doesnt change her lifestyle completely. She and her husband has tried a couple of times but always failed. Now they are trying again and it seems more succesfull and I hope they will stick with it long term. If she eats and smokes herself to death and leave 3 young kids without a mother it would be the most selfish act.

I have given up in trying to convince them though. It makes no difference if i whine or not. She blames genetics. But we are both exactly the same. I get fat just as easily as she does but I turned it around.
    yeh its crazy how all of us log in and out of these forums everyday, but do half of us even really realize we're literally fighting a war here?? i know we just see it everyday as dieting and exercise, but damn when you open your eyes and take a look around you its like fvck.. this shit really is a war.
    i mean look at how many people are dying from obesity, i know we got our issue overseas but damn, people are dropping like flies in our own states, hometowns and backyards..

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Italians like to eat good man.

I know what it's like to be in that situation.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    my mom is overweight, but the thing about is it she has lupus/rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. All these illnesses keeps her bed ridden for days. the lupus are like flares in different types of the body at anytime what i think is killing her is the stress on her body from her weight, but she is to sick to even work, i try to get her out walking when she is feeling good but its more like a downward spiral the less she exercises the more weight she is going to put on and the more weight the harder toll its going to take on her body, i feel bad i just want her to man up and get on teh ball, i have advised her on foods that are good for her and what not to eat just to get her started but really cant stick to it for very long

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Well to be a bodybuilder you need to be a special type of person and that puts us on a different level to most people. WE are used to sacrificing foods and other things to get to where we want. It is not easy but we can do it. The fatties of this world do not have OUR type of willpower!!!
    Last edited by paulzane; 09-01-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Thread Information