Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: religion

stewie is offline Associate Member

religion

ive noticed alot of people here are so hostile when it comes to islam
    ive respected your religions on this forum and i expect everyone to do the same
    so please when it comes to religion, if you dont have something with the exact proof, quotation etc simply dont post BS
    just asking to keep it clean,,,

i didnt know there were islamics in antartica

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by stewie
    so please when it comes to religion, if you dont have something with the exact proof, quotation etc simply dont post BS

You got it, btw love your new avatar Kind of makes you go humm

Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    i didnt know there were islamics in antartica
    wer islamics now, so long for muslims

Stewie, don't you see how that avatar would make people worried? Not flaming, just curious. The guy is covered up except his eyes with a "possesed" look.

Ya Dig? is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Stewie, don't you see how that avatar would make people worried? Not flaming, just curious. The guy is covered up except his eyes with a "possesed" look.
    lol..that guy looks like one of the3ninjas

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    it looks like a female 2 me....

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Religious discussion is best avoided altogether here IMO, too much of a hot potato, always turns nasty.

why worried
    there is nothing to fear
    haaaahahahaHAHAHAAHA

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    it looks like a female 2 me....
    i concure

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Religious discussion is best avoided altogether here IMO, too much of a hot potato, always turns nasty.

Yeap. Here's the subjects I'm avoiding:
    religion
    anything middle east
    gay relationships
    drugs
    relationships
    dating
    You know, basically anything other than my fish (oh wait, tai might get pissed one day )

JohnboyF is offline Banned

agree 100% good post bro.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I try to avoid getting into religous discusions aswell. Never know who you might offend...

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Certainly don't ever want to OFFEND anyone...God forbid!! Wherever there are separate OPINIONS, there is the possibility to offend someone....it all depends on how SENSITIVE...or....POLITICALLY CORRECT a person is. You'll never know how sensitive/PC someone is until you state your opinion...then...BAM!!! too late...you may have offended someone. Go sit in the corner...bash your thumb with a hammer or other suitably hard device, pull your hair out, and repent for committing the mother of all sins in the modern world...............OFFENDING SOMEONE!!!.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Certainly don't ever want to OFFEND anyone...God forbid!! Wherever there are separate OPINIONS, there is the possibility to offend someone....it all depends on how SENSITIVE...or....POLITICALLY CORRECT a person is. You'll never know how sensitive/PC someone is until you state your opinion...then...BAM!!! too late...you may have offended someone. Go sit in the corner...bash your thumb with a hammer or other suitably hard device, pull your hair out, and repent for committing the mother of all sins in the modern world...............OFFENDING SOMEONE!!!.
    It has nothing to do with being politically correct. It's about respecting someone's beliefs. You may not agree with it but that does not give you a right to bash them and shove your beliefs down their throat. If you can't manage to post without disrespecting someone. Don't post. It's that simple.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It has nothing to do with being politically correct. It's about respecting someone's beliefs. You may not agree with it but that does not give you a right to bash them and shove your beliefs down their throat. If you can't manage to post without disrespecting someone. Don't post. It's that simple.
    Amen

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Lets have a bet on how many pages this thread gets to before it is locked. I say three !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Lets have a bet on how many pages this thread gets to before it is locked. I say three !!!
    4-5 till someone says something stupid about iraq

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    4-5 till someone says something stupid about iraq
    I think thats quite optimistic.

*I deleted your post.*

No it did not help.

-Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I think thats quite optimistic.
    no kidding. no thanks to the above comment

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Exactly. I've made posts that went right up to the edge sometimes, just because I feel strongly about certain subjects but if I feel my post might be outright disrespectful then I'll just not hit the "Submit Reply" button. More people should do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Exactly. I've made posts that went right up to the edge sometimes, just because I feel strongly about certain subjects but if I feel my post might be outright disrespectful then I'll just not hit the "Submit Reply" button. More people should do the same.
    so you havent really made them then

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    agreed.

i do sugest we avoid religion talk all together, since there will never be a winner , and people just end up flaming.

lets learn from the world, noone agrees with each other when it comes to religion..

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    so you havent really made them then
    The posts are made (i.e. written) they just aren't submitted. You can make a book and not publish it. You can make an article and not submit it to a magazine. You can make a post and not submit it to the thread.

far out i pressed the post quick buttong ONCE (i think)
    look what happens.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    in before the lockaroo

It has everything to do with being PC. People have different levels at where they believe they have been disrespected. There is no absolute black/white line that says if you cross this, you have been disrespectful. It's mostly in the eye of the beholder. I don't bash others religion, but I do state my opinion, and then one person is offended, and another is not, of the same belief. Go figure. Also if someone has the belief that its ok to molets young boys, as in members of NAMBLA, you damn right I'm gonna bash them...at least. I have been offended by posts on here, but hey...I'm not crying and whining...its just someones opinion. So I don't believe its simple....of course thats just my opinion, and I've probably offended someone with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    The posts are made (i.e. written) they just aren't submitted. You can make a book and not publish it. You can make an article and not submit it to a magazine. You can make a post and not submit it to the thread.
    thats comparing apples to oranges...you think writing a book or article is like writing a post in a forum...?

It has everything to do with being PC. People have different levels at where they believe they have been disrespected. There is no absolute black/white line that says if you cross this, you have been disrespectful. It's mostly in the eye of the beholder. I don't bash others religion, but I do state my opinion, and then one person is offended, and another is not, of the same belief. Go figure. Also if someone has the belief that its ok to molets young boys, as in members of NAMBLA, you damn right I'm gonna bash them...at least. I have been offended by posts on here, but hey...I'm not crying and whining...its just someones opinion. So I don't believe its simple....of course thats just my opinion, and I've probably offended someone with this post.
    not me and thats a damn good argument

some people can feel disrespected by the fact that you have this other opinion

some people can feel disrespected by the fact that you have this other opinion
    thats why he said "i probably offended someone with this post"

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Your example if far fetched. Who on this board is a member of NAMBLA or believes molesting children is OK? No one. As a society we all know and agree it's wrong. It's a silly example.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Just one of many examples in our society. And apparently not everyone agrees NAMBLA is wrong...society tolerates the existence of such groups. You want examples other than religion....homosexualtiy, patriotism, political beliefs, political parties, the environment, guns, hunting, using animals for food, clothing, or to test drugs on, space exploration, darwinism, war, child rearing, adoption, abortion, child discipline...it goes on forever...I don't think these examples are silly...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

Hes inviting it starting this thread..ppl automatically kick into smartass mode. IMO, address it when it comes, dont start some very general thread thats going to catch any flack thats out there.
    Last edited by RA; 09-03-2006 at 12:28 AM.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    i wish we could debate religion, but people take it so dam seriously

in case you can't tell, im not very religious at all, i mean i've read books before that i loved but i realize they are written by humans, so i take what i want from them but dont base my entire life off of one book.

anyone can poke holes in any religion, its not too hard. just ask a religious person "what if i am a good person my whole life, treat all fellow creatures with respect and try to help them whenever possible, but i am not religious i just know its the right thing to do. do i really deserve to burn in hell for eternity or whatever the punishment is in your religion?"

i have a few friends who are very religious and i always respect them, but im not afraid to say "that just seems really stupid to me, why wont your religion let you eat chicken (or whatever)?"

cheers to all the religious people out there, i hope it improves your quality of life and makes you a better person. but if it makes you want to kill people who dont believe the same shit as you, you should adopt a new religion called "common sense."

YOUR NATURAL "RIGHT FROM WRONG" INSTINCT SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE YOUR RELIGION!!!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    i wish we could debate religion, but people take it so dam seriously

in case you can't tell, im not very religious at all, i mean i've read books before that i loved but i realize they are written by humans, so i take what i want from them but dont base my entire life off of one book.

anyone can poke holes in any religion, its not too hard. just ask a religious person "what if i am a good person my whole life, treat all fellow creatures with respect and try to help them whenever possible, but i am not religious i just know its the right thing to do. do i really deserve to burn in hell for eternity or whatever the punishment is in your religion?"

i have a few friends who are very religious and i always respect them, but im not afraid to say "that just seems really stupid to me, why wont your religion let you eat chicken (or whatever)?"

cheers to all the religious people out there, i hope it improves your quality of life and makes you a better person. but if it makes you want to kill people who dont believe the same shit as you, you should adopt a new religion called "common sense."

YOUR NATURAL "RIGHT FROM WRONG" INSTINCT SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE YOUR RELIGION!!!
    Well put !! I am a devout Agnostic, I will believe it whyen I see it

Your example if far fetched. Who on this board is a member of NAMBLA or believes molesting children is OK? No one. As a society we all know and agree it's wrong. It's a silly example.
    very FARRRRRRRRR fetched...

very silly example imo.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    also IMO the less politically correct the better (up to a certain point), my life is irritating enough without PC BS.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    these were not passages from the quran
    next time include the passage,soraa
    and y do u carry so much hatred towards someones religion
    i think there is one word for you
    Zionist
    israel is something different
    there are no civilians, people there know that they occupied our country
    why did they come, they are soldiers to me
    besides 95% are armed
    Maybe because based on that nice pm you sent me, deeming all Israelis as fair to kill, you said ALL that includes, women, children, men, disabled people, infants.......

I dunno you tell me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information