stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member

do overweight people know that they are overweight??

I mena when they step on the scale at home or look in the mirror at themselves... do they not see taht they are overweight?

i m addressing this to people who dont even acknowledge that htey have a weight problem. I know there are some who will continualy complain about it and say that they need to lsoe weight one wya or hte other seeking shortcuts through drugs, bulimia et al, but this is not who i am talking about.

I'm talking about those who live blissfully ignorant or refuse to see it

how would you get someone like this to realize that hey have a problem and make them trry and actively find a solution.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I often wonder the same thing. I think women are more sensitive to it than men. Most women I know also THINK they are grossly fat or overweight when they are not. I have several friends that I think are bordering on or well into obesity, but they would say they are healthy...it is funny actually. I personally think that I am "fat", but many of my friends disagree...mainly because I am holding a lot of muscle mass so a little weight in the stomach is masked by my thick chest and shoulders...

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    who gives a shit?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Your right people don’t gain weight over night. Sadly though we often have interaction on a daily basis with the same people and weight often creeps up on a person. Those who see you every day might fail to notice your pants are a little tighter.

Denial is a wonderful thing. Your cloths shrank; I can work out tomorrow the list goes on…

We all have problems and sadly food is often the first thing someone grabs when they’re down.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    a lot of women i know are in complete denial. and most of thik they may have a lil chub but, think a few weeks of working out and starving themselves will get them back into shape.

i guess the more you belive something, the more true it becomes...and most belive they are not overweight

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I often wonder the same thing. I think women are more sensitive to it than men. Most women I know also THINK they are grossly fat or overweight when they are not. I have several friends that I think are bordering on or well into obesity, but they would say they are healthy...it is funny actually. I personally think that I am "fat", but many of my friends disagree...mainly because I am holding a lot of muscle mass so a little weight in the stomach is masked by my thick chest and shoulders...
    same thiung with me

the first they is not my gut but my chest shoulders.. but not legs

but how would you make a really obese person realize that he or she is obese??
    suppose you wnated them to change the way they ate and make them exercise in an effort to have them lead a healthy life and look better and other selfish reasons, what would you do??

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Yes, they know they are overweight but doing something about it is another story.
    I believe they (morbidly obese) have something wrong with them (mentaly) and food is the only way to comfort them from all the bad things that are going on in their lives.
    Maybe if you were out to eat and the waitress offered you and your ('obese') friend dessert say, "no thanks, we are on diets."

im actually asking this question because this girl i know who is ac lose friend of mine is obese and ive asked her to join me at the gym (to motivate her to go more often) and she says that when she goes she gets 'sick' and when i said that i could easily address the overtaining problem she said that it was 'ok, she prefers not to go'

maybe she is scared??

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    im actually asking this question because this girl i know who is ac lose friend of mine is obese and ive asked her to join me at the gym (to motivate her to go more often) and she says that when she goes she gets 'sick' and when i said that i could easily address the overtaining problem she said that it was 'ok, she prefers not to go'

maybe she is scared??
    Probably is some fear. My wife is NOT fat, she is carrying a little more body fat than she would like, but not fat. When she joined the gym she had a hard time training side by side with other women who were very lean, it made he feel fatter. Also, my experience with out of shape over weight people is that they do not like any activity that points out how out of shape or overweight they really are. They would rather live in denial and believe that they are doing well. Sadly, many of them will not shape up until the doctor advises them that they are not well or they have a heart attack. A friend of mine went and saw is doc and was told he was obese and at risk. He actually argued with the doc that he was tip top, which he clearly was not. The doc was smart though and sent him for a fitness test...he passed some of the strength tests, but failed all the endurance tests and it really opened his eyes to his situation. Some are just not willing to admit they have a problem and tackle it or do not want to commit themselves to a routine and lifestyle change...

chest6 is offline Banned
    To let them know. Take both hands..lift up their shirt...grab their massive fat fold..and say..."If you're not fat, what is this? Skin?"

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    To let them know. Take both hands..lift up their shirt...grab their massive fat fold..and say..."If you're not fat, what is this? Skin?"
    ...yeah, or do this...

chest6 is offline Banned
    I've actually dont that before to somebody...they dont like it very much

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    We here on this website like to workout and get big, where some other people like to just eat and get big.

The gym satisfies the fit where food satisfies the obese.

Ya Dig? is offline Junior Member
    lots of fatties r ok being fatties
    Last edited by Ya Dig?; 09-05-2006 at 02:33 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..sometimes I find myself asking someone why they are stuffing junk in their body

Their response
    "Because it tastes soooo good!"

me
    "Well..thats the reason ur gonna be a fat whale one day"
    them
    "What?!?!"
    me
    "Huh? I didnt say anything"

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..sometimes I find myself asking someone why they are stuffing junk in their body

Their response
    "Because it tastes soooo good!"

me
    "Well..thats the reason ur gonna be a fat whale one day"
    them
    "What?!?!"
    me
    "Huh? I didnt say anything"

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Dig?
    im not white but i was born here so its cool...my house bitches
    huh?

Damn server

Also, I'm a firm believer in that most people chose not to workout because they're so afraid to fail when all the pressure in solely on themselves. So they can sit back and continue to gain weight and not have to face that fear should they never try it.

The reason that I love to workout is because if it's to be, then it's up to me!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Also, I'm a firm believer in that most people chose not to workout because they're so afraid to fail when all the pressure in solely on themselves. So they can sit back and continue to gain weight and not have to face that fear should they never try it.

The reason that I love to workout is because if it's to be, then it's up to me!
    Exactly. They have 0 drive. Thats why you always hear the phrase "Im going to go on a diet"

Diet= eat less cheeseburgers (this is the fatty diet) crappy to our standards...theyll lose 20 lbs or so...then their diet is done. Start eating 4 cheeseburgers instead of 2 and gain the weight back. Thus...they just say "fvck diets"

Stupid fatties..its a lifestyle change.."diet" is not temporary

lets refrain from using words like fat and making fun of such people in general and try and actually find a solution for situations like it

and no Chest i will not do what you said .. although it was kinda funny

so i guess you could send them to a doctor? but somedoctors are just plain useless...

And another thing....if the myth is true where men lose 1/4 of an inch in penis travel for every 10lbs of fat gained, then why are so many men so overweight?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Mann

Make them do a stress test. I doubt she could pass it.

Mizfit is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    im moving to Europe then!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    My sister gained weight when she was pregnant and never lost it. She knows she was heavy but loosing weight just wasnt a priority to her. Her kids are now getting older and she has more free time and has just started to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    My sister gained weight when she was pregnant and never lost it. She knows she was heavy but loosing weight just wasnt a priority to her. Her kids are now getting older and she has more free time and has just started to do something about it.
    alright lets say she didnt dedicate herself to doing cardio but what about at least eating healthy?

Snrf is offline Banned
    I was 215 pounds when I was 17 - 18, and really fat. I always thought of myself as chunky until i lost 50 pounds...then I saw a photo and thought **** me i was a fat bastard. I knew i was overweight but I didnt realize I was that fat. now im slowly gettin back to that weight but my bf isnt more than 15-17 (i think) anyway look at the pic. thats b4 an after
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails do overweight people know that they are overweight??-fatass.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    I was 215 pounds when I was 17 - 18, and really fat. I always thought of myself as chunky until i lost 50 pounds...then I saw a photo and thought **** me i was a fat bastard. I knew i was overweight but I didnt realize I was that fat. now im slowly gettin back to that weight but my bf isnt more than 15-17 (i think) anyway look at the pic. thats b4 an after
    It's amazing in how much better your face looks between those two pics. Good work man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    just ONE photo changed how you think? wow

awesome

chest6 is offline Banned
    When I was fatter (around 20% bf) I didnt think I was bad at all..til i saw a p icture of myself also..that really opened my eyes to lose about 50lbs

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    alright lets say she didnt dedicate herself to doing cardio but what about at least eating healthy?
    I agree. But her kids are picky ass little shits. But i love them. They literally wouldn't eat if she made certain things. They eat like crap. But the kids are skinny and her husband is a normal shaped guy. I guess her metabolism is alot slower

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Alot of fat people don't realise how fat they are. Or if they do, they make excuses. Like women will say "I don't want to loose any weight in my chest" or "I don't want my arms to get big and muscular."

Guys say "I'm big boned" or make excuses for being fat. "I drink too much" or "I don't have time to work out 8 hours a day."

I don't think they realise how disgusting they look. Guys and women with bellies that hang over their pants make me want to puke.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I don't think they realise how disgusting they look. Guys and women with bellies that hang over their pants make me want to puke.
    Yep. I dunno why but in the past year ive just started to get really annoyed iwth all the obese ppl..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Yep. I dunno why but in the past year ive just started to get really annoyed iwth all the obese ppl..
    Me too. Probably since it's been advertised in the media so much.

I don't understand how people can be fat. Everywhere you look, the media is telling the country that we are too fat. There are so many more healthy alternatives now available at fast food restaurants.

I think it's the because the North America has stopped caring about their children. Instead of having a parent cook a wholesome meal, we have parents spend their time watching TV and ordering in Pizza. Parents don't send their kids out to play in the yard, they allow them to play games on a Playstation or Xbox instead. They pack convenience foods for their lunches, instead of making sandwiches.

When I was a kid, I would spend the whole weekend running around my yard. I'd play games with the neighbors, and the only time I went indoors was for food, bathroom break, or to sleep. Infact, I usually had my dad make me a sandwich and bring it outside for me, so I could keep playing.

deepinsideofme is offline Female Member
    Great pics MIZ

Quote Originally Posted by deepinsideofme
    Great pics MIZ
    you can bench 245?!

i hate you...

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    i love europe

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know about the people you are talking about. I can't imagine anyone not knowing they are obese or being happy with it. I know I lived a constant life of self hatred and depression because of my weight when i was obese. You try all these shit fad diets that don't work or work out improper and it just adds to this dark hole that you are at mentally and the weight just packs on. So what i'm saying...is I doubt they don't care or that they are happy...they have just given up.

Honestly...if your friend was ready to change her life style...she would have asked you (or someone) for help. Do you know any former fatty's in your area? Cus honestly...she'll listen alot more from some one who has been that far gone and has done the work and got the results rather than someone who never let there body get to shit... ya know?

Thread Information