Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    nymattyk's Avatar
    nymattyk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    new york

    I have water in my please

    it feels like i have some fluids in my knee so i diagnosed myself with "Water in the knee." has anyone ever had this, and if so what do i do?

  2. #2
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    First thing you should do is go to a doctor and make sure.
    You can get water in the knees from hard bangs to it. Bumped in to something recently?

  3. #3
    SPEEDY is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Yes...buddy.....It is called septic arthritis.

    It usually affects weight-bearing joints. It is caused by many possible factors such as an infection, endocarditis, invasive procedures, and intra-articular corticosteroid injection, as well as an injury to the synovium. It causes restricted motion, mild pain, and joint effusions. Diagnosis is confirmed with joint aspiration and analysis and culture of synovial fluids. Which basically means that they just drain the liquid that lubricates your joints, which is what is causing your problem. When they analyze this liquid, they can tell you what caused it (whether it was an infection, disease, or just some blunt injury). I have had family members with it, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by SPEEDY; 07-07-2002 at 04:30 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts