LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

What Are Some Good Fitness Careers?

I believe I want to go into a career that focuses around fitness, mainly gymnasiums... I'm in community college right now and don't know really what I want to do though. I'm looking for an enjoyable, good paying, job that focuses around fitness. I was thinking Personal Trainer but I don't think they make that much unless you work for a star or something, right? Maybe managing a gym or something would be ideal... I love the environment. Any suggestions?

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Also one that doesn't focus "a lot" on math... That's one thing I'm not good at... German I have an A+

Ocean Beach is offline New Member
    How about strength/conditioning coach for an athletic team?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Athletic trainer for a university or professional sports team. Or get some financial backing and purchase your own gym.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    If you can get through college algebra and physics I and II, Physical therapy pays fairly well. Strength and Conditioning is really hard to get into and make good money because its popular and everyone who was an athlete wants to do it. My friend works for a big time college football program. they have been in the BCS bowl games the last couple of years and he makes less than a teacher. Also Chiropractic school is really well paying they focus among other things on exercise therapy and kinesology.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Strength and conditioning coach you are going to have to know people. As someone stated alot of people want that job. So you have to have some thing that really sets you apart or you have to know somebody to get in.

Management of a large chain gym. But you are going to need math.

Also sales. Selling fitness equipment. Easy job i make real good $$. But again math is big

2deizel is offline Associate Member
    they do make calculaters just have to know how to use one.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    I believe I want to go into a career that focuses around fitness, mainly gymnasiums... I'm in community college right now and don't know really what I want to do though. I'm looking for an enjoyable, good paying, job that focuses around fitness. I was thinking Personal Trainer but I don't think they make that much unless you work for a star or something, right? Maybe managing a gym or something would be ideal... I love the environment. Any suggestions?

It's a good profession to get into. Personal training has potential to make a lot of money. The range in my company is $17hr-$28hr. I've progressed into the management side of things for the past couple years and make a good living. The top 10 sales people in my company pull in $80-$100,000+ a year. I'm not quite there yet but it's a work in progress.

2deizel is offline Associate Member
    it also depends on were you live. im up in the north country people dont seem to care what there bodys look like since your coverd up half the year. so i would say the warmer states would have more of a demand for trainers ect. a guy i know trains at a gym and doesint make that much up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    It's a good profession to get into. Personal training has potential to make a lot of money. The range in my company is $17hr-$28hr. I've progressed into the management side of things for the past couple years and make a good living. The top 10 sales people in my company pull in $80-$100,000+ a year. I'm not quite there yet but it's a work in progress.
    The percentage of trainers tha tdo really well are low. Yes they may make that per hour. But $20 an hour isn't alot if you are only getting 30 sessions a week

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    The percentage of trainers tha tdo really well are low. Yes they may make that per hour. But $20 an hour isn't alot if you are only getting 30 sessions a week
    A lot of it has to do with the quality of the trainer. If you're good you will be working upwards of 50hrs.

There's a lot of trainers that are clueless and don't last long. There's also lots that are good trainers, but have no business sense and basically end up making people feeling like they know everything there is to know after 1 to 3 months. Then there's trainers who get people results but make their clients feel as if there is no way they could go out on their on, or at least not for quite some time.

All it comes down to is that trainers are salesmen as much as they are coaches. You have to sell yourself and the service.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Personal training sucks, I trained through college and it wears you out. People are big babies, sure you make ok money. I was doing well for a college student. But it motivated me to get a higher level degree. I dont think I could ever work out in my gym that I trained in cause people always come up and ask for free advice. You definatley need to be in the lifestyle if you want to make a career out of it. There are a lot of great trainers out there that have what it takes to do it for a career. I myself would rather be sleeping at 5 in the morning than training and overweight suburban 40 something yuppy. So yes i couldnt hack it cause it wasnt were my interest were at.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    None, go into another fieldthe truth hurts, but you will never make good moneyEven if you get up to the top 1% of 1% what kind of money is 80,000-100,000 a year? after taxes you don't have much! You will never get rich with that kind of money, I know every one will say I don't have to be rich as long as I'm doing what I like, but you will get burned out dealing with lazy, cheap fuks. I did, so I got out of it and started businesses, even on my worst day it is still better than being "trapped" in a regular job Go into business, that's where the "real" money is made.

ps fuk bally

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    None, go into another fieldthe truth hurts, but you will never make good moneyEven if you get up to the top 1% of 1% what kind of money is 80,000-100,000 a year? after taxes you don't have much! You will never get rich with that kind of money, I know every one will say I don't have to be rich as long as I'm doing what I like, but you will get burned out dealing with lazy, cheap fuks. I did, so I got out of it and started businesses, even on my worst day it is still better than being "trapped" in a regular job Go into business, that's where the "real" money is made.
    Doing what you like doesnt always pay the bills. Unless your you and get to bang chicks at work

Doing what you like doesnt always pay the bills. Unless your you and get to bang chicks at work
    Just like you know yourself, it gets old after awhile. I have to eat sometime and need money for that Btw, I'm ditching the tanning salon thing after this next season and doing the other things I like

Just like you know yourself, it gets old after awhile. I have to eat sometime and need money for that Btw, I'm ditching the tanning salon thing after this next season and doing the other things I like
    sleeping with married women?

no I meant messing around (dating and such) and not settling for one girl ps I do sleep with unmarried chics too

Sorry didn't even hit me about the bold part that part means I've got other businesses I'm doing and getting ready to expand into other businesses. Tanning is kind of dead end, you can't get rich owning one, just well off and I want more

Sorry didn't even hit me about the bold part that part means I've got other businesses I'm doing and getting ready to expand into other businesses. Tanning is kind of dead end, you can't get rich owning one, just well off and I want more
    Good luck. What are you planning or don't you want to say. My friend is on her 4th salon and do very well. They were featured in some tanning magazine.

Thread Information