Dangerdan is offline Senior Member

Quicktime with no sound?

I have multiple problems running quicktime videos. Sometimes the videos wont' even open, other videos play but with no sound? I'm running windows xp and I have tried to download and reinstall quicktime several times with no change. Any ideas?

Also, I get pop-ups that say "Click to run an ActiveX control on this page." Then I click OK.

Also, I get pop-ups that say "Click to run an ActiveX control on this page." Then I click OK. The video runs but there is no sound.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm... be hard to troubleshoot that w/o more details. I would be leaning towards a user error (no offense). the likely hood of your sound card working somentimes and then not others is a stretch... usually they either burn out or don't. As far as not all video's opening up. That probably has to do with your security settings on I.E. or your connection being a little slow and you are being impatient... like i said hard to troubleshoot w/o more details.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you install any other codecs or a codec pack? Sometimes if you install a conflicting audio/video codec it will conflict with the Apple Quicktime codecs and cause you to lose sound. It's happened to me before. Try uninstalling Quicktime and any codecs you might have installed and then reinstall Quicktime.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    What version of quicktime is it?

Quicktime version is 7.0.4. It is definatly not my sound card. I think that it is likely some sort of software problem or just some settings that I need to adjust. My only problem comes when I try to view quicktime files from internet explorer.

Are there any good alternatives to play quicktime files that I could try to download?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Removed both windows media player and quicktime. Install windows media player first. Then install quicktime.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

I tried removing both programs and then reinstalling them with no luck.

Thread Information