Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone from or live in Sweden?

I may have the opportunity to move back to Europe, Sweden specifically. Anyone from there or know the pros and cons of living there? I am in canada currently. thanks.

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    I may have the opportunity to move back to Europe, Sweden specifically. Anyone from there or know the pros and cons of living there? I am in canada currently. thanks.
    Johan

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i don't.......BUT MANOWAR IS FROM THERE!!!!!

beuleux is offline Banned
    con: Its cold
    pro: Blondes

TinTin78 is offline Member
    I live here, pretty nice country I must say, nice summers, but the only downside is the dark sometimes long winters.

I don't think it's worse than Canada, you have pretty cold there to right?

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    I live here, pretty nice country I must say, nice summers, but the only downside is the dark sometimes long winters.

I don't think it's worse than Canada, you have pretty cold there to right?
    true, but the chicks are ugly.

Johan where you at brotha!

davieric is offline Junior Member
    I've been there a few times, my background is Swedish (both parents). It's really nice in the summer, resembles cottage country a lot, same as the winters. The girls...what i saw was great, that was in '04 or '05, maybe things have changed. Taxes are high, compared to Ontario's 14%, there it's about 25% (correct me if I'm wrong).

they have a really high standard of living tho, so it's a good country. it seems like they don't welcome much immigrants (non-white :S). The city i was in had a large "Nazi" group too....:S.

but that's just a small part of the country Stockholm is the best city I've ever been in. it's beautiful, t.o. is shit compared 2 it.

(if i offended any1, sorry, but this is just my personal experience).

I am currently debating getting my Swedish citizenship cause i have till i'm 22 to get it.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davieric
    I've been there a few times, my background is Swedish (both parents). It's really nice in the summer, resembles cottage country a lot, same as the winters. The girls...what i saw was great, that was in '04 or '05, maybe things have changed. Taxes are high, compared to Ontario's 14%, there it's about 25% (correct me if I'm wrong).

they have a really high standard of living tho, so it's a good country. it seems like they don't welcome much immigrants (non-white :S). The city i was in had a large "Nazi" group too....:S.

but that's just a small part of the country Stockholm is the best city I've ever been in. it's beautiful, t.o. is shit compared 2 it.

I am currently debating getting my Swedish citizenship cause i have till i'm 22 to get it.
    can you do duel? i have a friend from denmark and he had to give up his danish citizenship when he became an american citizen. that's the way it should be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    can you do duel? i have a friend from denmark and he had to give up his danish citizenship when he became an american citizen. that's the way it should be IMO.
    To my knowledge you can hold as many citizenships as you want. I have dual citizenships (in poland and canada)

davieric is offline Junior Member
    ya, in Canada i know you can have dual citizenship, I'm not sure about any other countries, except for Sweden obviously because it only makes sense considering you have your Canadian already. My sister has both Canadian and Swedish citizenship.

beuleux is offline Banned
    Heres how it works in the UK... If you wre born outside the UK of at least one British parent then you will have both UK nationality and nationality of the country you were born in. Or if one parent is British and the other Australian for example, again dual nationality, Say one parent is British and one Australian but you were born in Canada then you will have all three nationalities. As Sweden is in the EU Swedes can reside anywhere in the EU and still be Swedish as can any other EU member. One day we will all be citezens of the world.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Im here polska What kind of education do you have and what kind of job do you want to get? Unemployment is quite high so make sure you have a job offering before you move.

Quote Originally Posted by davieric

About the bolded. We have a much higher degree of imigration than the rest of the EU and 10% of our population is not born in sweden. Imigrants are mostly arabs and people from the baltic states.

btw you need to visit göteborg The frendliest city in sweden and nicer than stockholm.

Thread Information