meathead320 is offline Member

7 FOOT 350 POUNDS you wanted stats...

I have noticed that bodybuilding sort of has the reputation of being “a short man’s sport”.

That being tall makes it harder to fill out, and that it is much harder to get a muscular look.

So I wondered if there are any 7 foot bodybuilders? I googled 7ft bodybuilder, and found the site of a guy named Conan Stevens, he has posted on many boards too.

He is 7ft and ¼ of an inch. 213 cm. He Currently weighs a very lean 320, but has been much heavier. He was sidelined 6 years ago due to nerve damage on his right upper body, but has since recovered and is back in the gym and has put himself back together. Making a full recovery. Nerves heal at 1mm a day, so it takes a 7 footer a long time I guess.

You can find a lot of stuff on google.

Any way this guy is an aspiring actor, and want to be Hollywood’s next big action star, he does not compete but is very damn BIG. He is also a former Australian Pro Wrestling champion from 1996-2000.

I guess being down under is why many of us don’t know who he is, doesn’t help the guy either that due to his injury he feel off the face of the earth for 6 years either.

Here are some pics of him weighing between 335 and 350 from 2000, when he was at his biggest, shortly before his nerve injury.

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen...?g2_itemId=307

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen...8ce6a4dc91d41b

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen...369826515d1791

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen...?g2_itemId=411

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen...?g2_itemId=457

Good legs for a skyskraper ehh?

Here are some taken 6 months ago, when he had just been training again for a few months after his recovery here he is only about 320, but already RIPPED:

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen.../?g2_itemId=20

http://www.conanstevens.com/componen.../?g2_itemId=24

This proves that even at 7 ft, you CAN build a powerful physique. Dude has to have the widest clavicles of any bodybuilder on earth too.

Not as thick as a modern IFBB Pro, but an impressive physique none the less, and perhaps the bast physique on earth for a 7 footer.

Just thought you guys might like to know who he is before you see him in a movie.
    Last edited by meathead320; 12-01-2006 at 04:53 PM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I can imagine him being intimidating in person with that sheer height, but when I look at him in the pics and height isnt obvious he just looks like a normal guy, definitely can tell he works out ya, but nothing really huge about him. I mean considering Jay and Ronnie are both under 6' and they weigh the same weight off season and probably around the same bf% still and with added water weight, this guy has over 12 inches on them.

Good find though.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Some of those pics bring up supplement ads

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Some of those pics bring up supplement ads

That might just be an add on his site, every one has to make a living, but if you click on "skip add" then the part of the site with the picture will come up.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I can imagine him being intimidating in person with that sheer height, but when I look at him in the pics and height isnt obvious he just looks like a normal guy, definitely can tell he works out ya, but nothing really huge about him. I mean considering Jay and Ronnie are both under 6' and they weigh the same weight off season and probably around the same bf% still and with added water weight, this guy has over 12 inches on them.
    Agreed
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I saw a dude who was 6 ft 8 and BBer status, forget his name though.

Sepsis is offline Member
    everyone(well some people) are very quick to bash on this site. just admit that with those stats the man has achieved a great physique. he is 320lbs with less than 15% body fat, what exactly do you all have on that?

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I dont think he really looks that good

Quote Originally Posted by Sepsis
    everyone(well some people) are very quick to bash on this site. just admit that with those stats the man has achieved a great physique. he is 320lbs with less than 15% body fat, what exactly do you all have on that?

I think in the more recent pics he was well under 10%, in the past (6 years ago before his nerve damage stalled his career) he has been around 350 with under 15%.

If you want to compare where he stands in size compared to someone shorter than he is, keep in mind that at that height his metabolism must be sky high.

335 at 7 foot is the same as 229 at 6'2".

350 at 7 foot is the same as 239 at 6'2".

Just because that is the same amount of cubed pounds per inch, does NOT mean it is the same level of difficulty. For 7 foot he has pretty good legs and back too.

If you wanted the amount of cubed pounds per inch to formulate how heavy Jay Cutler would be at 7 foot, with the exact same proportions he has now, then 280 at 5'9" would be 505 pounds at 7 foot. So no he would not be as thick as Jay Cutler.

Conan Stevens looks more like a scaled up 1970s bodybuilder.
    Last edited by meathead320; 12-01-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Most of the strongmen would probably look very respectable if they cut down(not to say they dont look respectable now) and plenty of 1,90-2 meter dudes there.

Imagine Zydrunas Savickas and Hugo Gerard cut down.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    i think hes freakin huge and hes achieved something i never will so props to him.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Most of the strongmen would probably look very respectable if they cut down(not to say they dont look respectable now) and plenty of 1,90-2 meter dudes there.

Imagine Zydrunas Savickas and Hugo Gerard cut down.

True they would look huge, but there is a big difference between 190-2m and 213 cm.

On top of that, who says they could maintain all that muscle while they lose all the fat?

I certainly would rather be the guy who could see his abbs

Just saying "imagine how I would look if I dieted down" does not have the impact of being seen already dieted down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I saw a dude who was 6 ft 8 and BBer status, forget his name though.

I think your thinking of Noah Steere, he is at the Arnold expo every year. He is well over 350 pounds.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepsis

him= 7" @ 320 lbs @ 15%= 272 lbm

= 39 lbs/ft

me= 5'6" @ 210 lbs @ 10 lbs

= 34 lbs/ ft

Me= average
    Him= average

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    dudes a beast! i bet he looks like he'll eat a baby in real life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

= 39 lbs/ft

= 34 lbs/ ft

Me= average
    Him= average

Agreed. But when I compare myself to him height/weight ratio I get yelled at.

bigfish is offline Associate Member
    sorry he looks like a normal guy. Doesn't look special to me at all

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Agreed. But when I compare myself to him height/weight ratio I get yelled at.
    cus we're 'haters'

Not hating.. but if he was 5'6" 300 lbs i'd be impressed (Move over Vic Richards )

Cus it'd be significantly more difficult for a guy that short to carry that much muscle. As it stands, he isn't near or above his genetic capacity.. pretty average imo.

It'd be scary to see him person... or at least amusing

"Mom..Mom!!!! A monster!"

cus we're 'haters'

Not hating.. but if he was 5'6" 300 lbs i'd be impressed (Move over Vic Richards )

Cus it'd be significantly more difficult for a guy that short to carry that much muscle. As it stands, he isn't near or above his genetic capacity.. pretty average imo.

It'd be scary to see him person... or at least amusing

"Mom..Mom!!!! A monster!"
    For some reason members here find taller people more impressive. In my opinion, a 5'6 250pd, or 5'10" 290pd bodybuilder is more impressive than a guy 7' 300. Yeah, he's tall that's nice. "Where da mass at???"

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    How about the huge guy that couldn't speak english on "the longest yard", that guy was huge and looked in shape?

That guy from the opening seen of "troy" looked real good and he was tal ashell. This guy looks kind of skinny to me. I mean 7 foot 350 pounds not very imprseeive to me. There are guys in the nfl who are 6'2 to 6'5 who are 300-320 who look better. For a while the cornhuskers had an all 300 pound line. 300 is just a number; we just don't give a shit about numbers like that. We want the looks to go along with it.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    for a guy that tall he has to get more mass, 350 is nothing for his current height, i have a 7'2 friend who weighs 320lbs and he doesnt lift anything! with his frame to be successful he has to be over 400lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    I have a 7'2 friend who weighs 320lbs and he doesnt lift anything! with his frame to be successful he has to be over 400lbs.
    Exactly!

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. he looks average to me...Tall, but not big

= 39 lbs/ft

= 34 lbs/ ft

Me= average
    Him= average

I do agree, there are a LOT of guys shorter than him who are thicker.

At that height to have the same amount of pounds per inch/cm the best mathmatical way to scale is to use the scientific calculator on your computer.

Bring up your calculator, then go to "view" and selct scientific.

Next you need to put in the weight, then get its cubed root, hit the "Inv" button and then the X^3 button to get the cubed root.

Now divide by the height in inches.

This new number is the amount of cubed pounds per inch. Multiply that by the new height. Now hit the X^3 button again:

That will give you how much he would weigh with the exact same proportions as some one of different height.

If Jay Cutler was 7 foot at exactly the same proportionas as he is at 5'9" and 280, then at 7 foot he would have to weigh exactly 505 pounds.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as he won the 1974 olympia would be about 343 pounds at 7 foot with exact proportions.

Thing is its not as easy to be 7 foot and have those proportions, but the math will give you an idea of how much that would weigh.

5'6" and 210 would be 432 pounds at 7 foot.

So yes Conan is not on the list of super thick bodybuilders.

He has been as heavy heavier than 320 in the past, and pretty lean too. UNDER 15% fat.

I think that now he is planning on getting up to 330 for his next movie.

I think the reason he does not go up to 380-400 pounds is that for movies these days it is not good to be too thick.

In video Conan looks bigger than he does in pictures. A good example of this is anothor super tall BBr Nathan Jones.

He was the giant from Troy. 6'10" and a lean 310.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by meathead320
    I do agree, there are a LOT of guys shorter than him who are thicker.

At that height to have the same amount of pounds per inch/cm the best mathmatical way to scale is to use the scientific calculator on your computer.

Bring up your calculator, then go to "view" and selct scientific.

Next you need to put in the weight, then get its cubed root, hit the "Inv" button and then the X^3 button to get the cubed root.

Now divide by the height in inches.

This new number is the amount of cubed pounds per inch. Multiply that by the new height. Now hit the X^3 button again:

That will give you how much he would weigh with the exact same proportions as some one of different height.

If Jay Cutler was 7 foot at exactly the same proportionas as he is at 5'9" and 280, then at 7 foot he would have to weigh exactly 505 pounds.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as he won the 1974 olympia would be about 343 pounds at 7 foot with exact proportions.

Thing is its not as easy to be 7 foot and have those proportions, but the math will give you an idea of how much that would weigh.

5'6" and 210 would be 432 pounds at 7 foot.

So yes Conan is not on the list of super thick bodybuilders.

He has been as heavy heavier than 320 in the past, and pretty lean too. UNDER 15% fat.

I think that now he is planning on getting up to 330 for his next movie.

I think the reason he does not go up to 380-400 pounds is that for movies these days it is not good to be too thick.

In video Conan looks bigger than he does in pictures. A good example of this is anothor super tall BBr Nathan Jones.

He was the giant from Troy. 6'10" and a lean 310.
    you think they threw a little movie magic in Troy to make him look bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish
    you think they threw a little movie magic in Troy to make him look bigger?
    You mean nathan Jones?

Not really.

It is just that when a guy is on film he will look bigger than in pictures.

Even bigger in person.

In pictures Nathan Jones tend to look not nearly as thick as he does on film, and according to those who have met him "massive".

But in pictures he too just looks like an average BBr. Like the average non competing BBr who is just happy to have relatively big muscles, and be lean.

BUT in person because of his sheer frame look gigantic, or on video next to other people.

In pictures by himself, with nothing for scale, he would look like a 220 pound guy at 6'2" would look. Asuming that is lean it is a big dude, but only average by bodybuilding standards.
    Last edited by meathead320; 12-05-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Thread Information