mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07

My message from 12/10/06

Ladies and gents,

I did not get the chance to share the message below with my youth group on Sunday because of the marathon that I ran in. So, I'm choosing to share the Readers Digest version of it with the board today. I hope that you all enjoy it should you choose to read it.

Message Theme: What shape best represents your life?

Our lives are an every day pattern that's built upon our needs and desires. These patterns are dictated by our nucleus, with the nucleus consisting of where our wants and desires come from. There are two physical shapes that best illustrate how we live our lives, and they are:

1. A Circle. The size of the circle is often dictated by the weight of our desires. Inside of this circle is where you'll find the things that you long for, and the things that you live for. The size of this circle can often expand over time, especially when our desires continue to grow. However, when the circle expands, the potential for things such as greed, lust, anger, etc. tends to expand as well. All of these characteristics and desires are built inside of the circle and will remain inside of the circle due to it's closed shape. The perimeter of this circle represents the life cycle of the characteristics that fall inside of the circle. You see, a circle does not have a starting point or an ending point. So all of the things that you live for inside of the circle contains an overlapping and redundant life cycle. When living inside of the circle, you tend experience many ups and downs and are often faced with having to relive experiences that often leads to unhappiness and failure. The circle also represents ones inability to let go of the past because like I said earlier, the circle is a closed shape so nothing gets out of the circle.

2. A Line. As we all know (or should know), a line represents the shortest distance between two points. The beginning of a line represents the day that we were created. Living your life on the line represents obedience and good decision making. When you're living on the line, you're often rewarded with less stress, failure, and negative emotion. You see, we often attempt to leave the line that was drawn for us in an attempt to write our own story. What this often results in is a crooked line. We as humans exert so much time and energy to get back on the original line. But living life on the line is not the be all, end all. How many of us live our lives on the line, but our lines contain an end point? You see, living life on the line with an end point is really no different than living life off of the line. With obedience and salvation, you're living a life that does NOT contain an end point. The line extends infinitely, with the term "infinitely" representing eternity (heaven). A line with no end points results in a never ending story that's blessed with rewards beyond our imagination.

So what shape best represents your life? What steps could you take to get out of the circle and back on the line that was originally created for you?

I welcome any and all people to PM me with their responses as I'd love to work with you to get your life on the line that contains no end point.

Grace and Peace,
    Mavsluva

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Good stuff man, I always enjoy reading your posts. You are really a class act man, keep doing what you're doing as I know so many benefit from you and your words/actions.

Thanks C. I may start posting all of my messages on here on Mondays.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    u should post them up on mondays.i would enjoy reading them

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I always find that stuff facinating. Thanks for the info man!

Foskamink is offline Banned
    you made the most complicated of things so clear in life. and did it easily and forward

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Good stuff man, I always enjoy reading your posts. You are really a class act man, keep doing what you're doing as I know so many benefit from you and your words/actions.
    DItto. I look up to you in a way Mavsluva, I would enjoy it if you posted these every week.

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    DItto. I look up to you in a way Mavsluva, I would enjoy it if you posted these every week.
    It's official. I'll be posting my Sunday messages on the board each Monday morning.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    Yeah much appreciated, it is always nice to have a good thought to start out your week.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    good stuff mavs

Thread Information