Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tatoo?

tatoo?

well i want to get a tatoo(this will be my first one) on the upper part of my back going across it, the problem is that idk what i want. i dont want to get anything lame or that will be dumb in a few years. do you guys have any ideas on what i could get? im thinking on getting something written in old english with pretty big letters but i just dont know what. also if i get a tatoo now and then start a cycle could i stretch it out and ruin it?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I dont think you need to worry about it stretching. I had a couple of tatts when i was really fat and thery still looked fine when I slimmed down again. As for what you should have, well that should be something that you really like..

yea i know but ive been thinking for months now and i have no clue on what to get. does that sound like a good spot to get the tat?

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    JUst dont' get one to get one. Make sure it feels right for you since it is a big commitment! Make sure it will always have meaning for your life

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I have a Ambigram on my forearm, it reads one way the name of one of my son's and when you read it back to front it reads my other son's name, its very cool

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    get ur last name n old english across ur back if u feel u must get one. other then that just wait. i've got 12 and don't regret any of them, all mine r religious or family oriented- my personal favs r the tattoo i have across the inside of my bottom lip and the latin i have that goes down my entire spine
    Last edited by BlInDsIdE; 12-15-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    I have a Ambigram on my forearm, it reads one way the name of one of my son's and when you read it back to front it reads my other son's name, its very cool
    that is in fact a very cool tatoo

Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    get ur last name n old english across ur back if u feel u must get one. other then that just wait. i've got 12 and don't regret any of them, all mine r religious or family oriented- my personal favs r the tattoo i have across the inside of my bottom lip and the latin i have that goes down my entire spine
    i was actually thinking about doing that but do you think thats a little corny? and it would also seem like my body is a sports jersey

i saw one of those with "life" and "death" it was really cool. if u ever take pics of it please send me one i'd like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    i was actually thinking about doing that but do you think thats a little corny? and it would also seem like my body is a sports jersey
    i don't have it done i just know alot of guys that do and on most all of them it looks badass. just a suggestion lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    i don't have it done i just know alot of guys that do and on most all of them it looks badass. just a suggestion lol
    oh i know and like i said i was actually thinking about getting that but i was also thinking what i said in that quote. like sman said i dont want to get one just to get one, i want it to be something i can live with for the rest of my life and wont have to worry about who sees it

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    This is what im looking onto getting on my back.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    yea i know but ive been thinking for months now and i have no clue on what to get. does that sound like a good spot to get the tat?
    When they go acros your spine where the meat is thinner, it will feel like they are ramming a hammer through your back. But its all good, thats definately not the worst pain. It was more super annoying for me.

Trabal bands when they get to the inside of your bicep, now that f-in hurts. Thats why you see a lot of people with tribals that dont go ALL the way around.

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    thats cause they are all pussies

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceguy
    thats cause they are all pussies
    I dont care WHAT you say, it fuggin hurts. Anyone ANYONE ANY ONE. . .who says it doesn't with was drunk, on narcotics or doesnt have a full tribal. . .PERIOD. IT HURTS.

I didnt pussy out on mine, but by golly, it made my eyes water. I think it hurts more than ankles by FAR.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    italianplayboy, I'm in the same boat as you. I want one on either my upper back or the upper part of my triceps. Not sure what I want either

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy
    I dont care WHAT you say, it fuggin hurts. Anyone ANYONE ANY ONE. . .who says it doesn't with was drunk, on narcotics or doesnt have a full tribal. . .PERIOD. IT HURTS.

I didnt pussy out on mine, but by golly, it made my eyes water. I think it hurts more than ankles by FAR.
    I agree it hurts quite a lot. It is not intense pain but it is long lasting and unpleasant.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    JUst dont' get one to get one. Make sure it feels right for you since it is a big commitment! Make sure it will always have meaning for your life

Exactly,

Also never get a tattoo of some girl's name on your body, love is too fragile for that.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I agree it hurts quite a lot. It is not intense pain but it is long lasting and unpleasant.

Exactly,

I compare it to someone rubbing a hot wire against my skin. The first couple of passes are rough, but when they go over the same spot over and over again, it really gets your attention.

operation5pm is offline Associate Member
    Yah, the outline hurts worse than anything because they're only using one needle instead of a cluster of them, like when they fill. A general rule of thumb: The closer the bone is to the skin, the more i hurts.

captainfalcon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    good way of putting it

whats an estimate of the cost of a tatoo of something written in old english in nice sized letters? i think i might just get my last name, its 8 letters.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    any place around me charges 100-200 per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    any place around me charges 100-200 per hour.
    they charge by the hour? didnt know that. so if you had to guess how much do you think it would cost...8 letters, old english style, decent sized?

it really depends on - the artist, the tat ur getting, where ur getting it at, and the complexity of the work or how long it will take

operation5pm is offline Associate Member
    they charge by the hour? didnt know that. so if you had to guess how much do you think it would cost...8 letters, old english style, decent sized?
    Yep, you pay for what you get. You can get a shop for $50/hr but the work might not be so good. Definitely spend the extra bucks and get it done somewhere reputable. You might want to actually visit the shops in your area and scope em out before you make your appointment.

oh i know, ive been thinking of what to get for months now so im definitely taking this very serious

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    me too, I might get an Aztec Warrior on my shoulder

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kynetguy
    When they go acros your spine where the meat is thinner, it will feel like they are ramming a hammer through your back. But its all good, thats definately not the worst pain. It was more super annoying for me.

Trabal bands when they get to the inside of your bicep, now that f-in hurts. Thats why you see a lot of people with tribals that dont go ALL the way around.
    I am covered from my waist to my neck. all color and all solid. there is no skin left.
    IT ALL ****ING HURT! there is no place on your body ( except my legs) that a tattoo wont hurt. but as we all know, pain= gain
    you get it because you love it

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    i just got a tat few weeks ago old english letters on my traps reading
    "M A N MADE"....I'm very happy with the placement, show off in a tank, and can easily be hidden.

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    You named both of your kids BOB?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanmuscle
    You named both of your kids BOB?
    YES one way it reads one of my son's name and you turn it around and it spells my other son's name, the seceial way of writing is called ambigram,
    would you like me post a pic?

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    Be prepared to become addicted. I've got many and when I get out of the chair to head out the door, I'm already thinking about what I want next. The pain: yeah, it hurts but its a good kind of hurt. I actually enjoy it. Feel its part of the 'journey.'

Vanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    I was just joking about BOB marcus, one of the B's would have to be reversed. I'd love to see a pic of your ambigram.
    Van

YES one way it reads one of my son's name and you turn it around and it spells my other son's name, the seceial way of writing is called ambigram,

epc512 is offline Associate Member
    nice tat

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    italianplayboy, I'm in the same boat as you. I want one on either my upper back or the upper part of my triceps. Not sure what I want either
    yea i think if i get one on my upper back it would look awesome...and every time i IM you you never respond

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    yea i think if i get one on my upper back it would look awesome...and every time i IM you you never respond
    Im sorry dude, my aim is fvcked up for some reason...everyone that tries to write me it auto blocks them or some bullshit

B-STRONG is offline Junior Member
    yeah i owuld love to see that... i've been interested in those since i saw meth's on his forearm.
    Last edited by B-STRONG; 08-05-2009 at 05:14 PM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by operation5pm
    Yah, the outline hurts worse than anything because they're only using one needle instead of a cluster of them, like when they fill. A general rule of thumb: The closer the bone is to the skin, the more i hurts.
    This is definitely true. I have ones that gow down my whole arm and right on the bones that stick out in your wrists. That part and the elbow hurt the most for sure.

how bad is it gonna be when it crosses my spine for across my upper back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information