WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

Getting ready to make a big purchase, need your opinions.

Which one do you guys like out of these 2 and give reasons why.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/g5

http://www.hoistfitness.com/products...c=1&sc=1&pid=6

I am leaning towards the 2nd one for the leg curl/leg extension attachment, and I like how the pulley links are free moving to any angle you pull them to. Both come with lifetime warranties.

I already have 10 through 100 pound dumbells, and a nice olympic weight set. I also have the set up below coming soon.

http://www.hoistfitness.com/products...3&sc=7&pid=357

chest6 is offline Banned
    im not a big fan of those. I'd rather just get a squat rack or a incline bench or sumthin. All i'd need is a bar..some heavy dumbbells/barbells..few incline benches..maybe a leg press and ur set

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the second unit ( the black one) it looks more ergonomic and comfortable for working out. The other doesn't look as practical to me.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    Which one do you guys like out of these 2 and give reasons why.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/g5

http://www.hoistfitness.com/products...c=1&sc=1&pid=6

I am leaning towards the 2nd one for the leg curl/leg extension attachment, and I like how the pulley links are free moving to any angle you pull them to. Both come with lifetime warranties.

I already have 10 through 100 pound dumbells, and a nice olympic weight set. I also have the set up below coming soon.

http://www.hoistfitness.com/products...3&sc=7&pid=357
    Check out my home gym at the following link. My equipment is manufactured by Parabody and I love it. Free weights all of the way!

My Home Gym

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    im not a big fan of those. I'd rather just get a squat rack or a incline bench or sumthin. All i'd need is a bar..some heavy dumbbells/barbells..few incline benches..maybe a leg press and ur set
    I have all of that already, accept the leg press, which I dont need or believe in. I just squat free weight and smith for some extended work. I just want the new system for supplemental cable work, like with flys and leg extension and leg curl. I also need it for cable row and lat pulldown after I get done with my free wright movements.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Bro i sell this stuff. I sold all 3 of these products. Get this instead of either of those 2.

http://www.precor.com/cons/en/strs/323/

Its more versatile then either of the 2. Built better and has 2 weight stacks so each arm is independent.

If you going to buy any of them pm me i can tell you what you can get a dealer to sell it to you for. I know the pricing on them

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    I have all of that already, accept the leg press, which I dont need or believe in. I just squat free weight and smith for some extended work. I just want the new system for supplemental cable work, like with flys and leg extension and leg curl. I also need it for cable row and lat pulldown after I get done with my free wright movements.
    ur missin out...leg press kills my quads

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Check out my home gym at the following link. My equipment is manufactured by Parabody and I love it. Free weights all of the way!

My Home Gym
    Parabody makes real nice stuff but they are over priced.

ur missin out...leg press kills my quads
    Ive used it before, I just like doing compound movements more than anything, especially for my legs, and thats not to say that I wont ever get one.

chest6 is offline Banned
    same here. I do squats every routine. Just sayin..nothin like pressin a huge load up w your legs..more than you could do in any other lift. Part of the reason i havent been able to walk these past 2 days

same here. I do squats every routine. Just sayin..nothin like pressin a huge load up w your legs..more than you could do in any other lift. Part of the reason i havent been able to walk these past 2 days
    Nice, And Ill go ahead and agree with that statement.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    [edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    we spend 5 g's on our home gym.
    i wanted to kill my parents because they took advice from my rich ass brother.
    i told them for 5 g's we could have converted our whole basement into a gym and not just one room.
    if it was me, id honeslty go to sports authority, sit down on some of thier equipment and see what feels best, punch and kick the equipment to make sure its sturdy, and just buy the cheapest crap you can.
    its all made of steel anyway, your mainly just paying for a name. same as clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    It says under options: 210 lb weight. Thats not very much for
    legs. They got places that sell machines that have 5 times
    that weight capacity. Costs about $1500. with delivery and set up.
    I'll look for a link. Don't wast your money and gym space on
    that stuff.
    Are you serious, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    we spend 5 g's on our home gym.
    i wanted to kill my parents because they took advice from my rich ass brother.
    i told them for 5 g's we could have converted our whole basement into a gym and not just one room.
    if it was me, id honeslty go to sports authority, sit down on some of thier equipment and see what feels best, punch and kick the equipment to make sure its sturdy, and just buy the cheapest crap you can.
    its all made of steel anyway, your mainly just paying for a name. same as clothes.
    Yeah, I hear you, but I want some nicce stuff that will last, and by the time I get done with the free weights and hop on to the cable set up, I wont be able to do that much weight. 200 lbs on leg press and leg extension is alot to me.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    My gym finally grew some brains and got rid of those stupid air pressure machines. They put in these new cables machines with swing/adjustable arms. there are 5 of them.

Thinking of those machines, and how well I was able to target different parts of my chest was amazing, so I sort of fancy the second machine on your list. But I really like free weights to be honest. although i hold cables in high regards when it comes to helping 'shaping' my body with diferent exercises available by those cables machines...

Imnot even going to proof read this to see if it made sense.. I am more gangster than an NBA brawl with jello... that jiggles.

Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    My gym finally grew some brains and got rid of those stupid air pressure machines. They put in these new cables machines with swing/adjustable arms. there are 5 of them.

Thinking of those machines, and how well I was able to target different parts of my chest was amazing, so I sort of fancy the second machine on your list. But I really like free weights to be honest. although i hold cables in high regards when it comes to helping 'shaping' my body with diferent exercises available by those cables machines...

Imnot even going to proof read this to see if it made sense.. I am more gangster than an NBA brawl with jello... that jiggles.
    Im glad you noticed that too, cause thats the one Im leaning towards. Im also the type that feels you get what you pay for. Also, am I the only one that think that 200lbs on single leg curl, and extension is alot. Sheesh!

Thread Information