Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Wii or xbox 360?

Im looking at buying either one of those two right now but I cant ****ing decide.

I love nintendos games. Zelda and mario is always loads of fun. But it seems like both the gamecube and the Wii is very lacking in RPG's and I love RPG's. I love the sound of the new Wii controller and Im looking forward to what nintendo will do with it in the future.

The 360 has oblivion and that is a game I want bad. Bioshock and a few other upcoming game look sweet aswell. But Im not realy that much into gears of war. I dont care much at all for MMORPG's. Story driven games is what I love.

What consol is the best for rpg and adventure? Does anyone have both the 360 and Wii? For RPG I should realy get a better ****ing computer but that I cant afford :/

Foskamink is offline Banned
    i got a 360 play it once every few months. if i had the time i would give it a real beating. alot of great games i bought but have no time to even unwrap them

I have a feeling I wont have any time either blah But I have hardly played anything since the good old nintendo 64 and goldeneye days and Im getting the urge to start again

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I have a feeling I wont have any time either blah But I have hardly played anything since the good old nintendo 64 and goldeneye days and Im getting the urge to start again
    thats how i feel too, but i was on playstation 1. religiously played it. ps2 was ok but nothing was really as fun or gave the same addiction. i got the god father, import tuner, new splinter cell and scareface on xbox 360. havnt even had time in the past 2-3 months to unwrap a few let alone play. but when i get some serious spare time i would like to give em a good go. cnat stand computer games either right now. i need a new hobby.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    i used to be into video games hardcore, super nintendo and nintendo 64, but its been years since ive really got into a game. i think im going to get a playstation3, from what ive heard its the best of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    thats how i feel too, but i was on playstation 1. religiously played it. ps2 was ok but nothing was really as fun or gave the same addiction. i got the god father, import tuner, new splinter cell and scareface on xbox 360. havnt even had time in the past 2-3 months to unwrap a few let alone play. but when i get some serious spare time i would like to give em a good go. cnat stand computer games either right now. i need a new hobby.
    The new games just arent as addictive as the old ones

all the best games didnt have sequels and if they did they wernt as gripping exciting and as for filling as the original. for example metal gear solid 1 was awesome. 2 was great but not as good with the new chars and story, number 3 would have been the best but with the boring and slow start i didnt make it past a few hours in.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    i think its because they are simpler, you could easily just pick up a new game and play it without taking a couple hours to figure out what all the fvcking buttons do.

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    i think its because they are simpler, you could easily just pick up a new game and play it without taking a couple hours to figure out what all the fvcking buttons do.
    it also seems like there is a graphics fetisch nowdays. Nice surface but not depth.

Old consol games like zelda 1,2, final fantazy, super mario 1,2,3 and old pc games like x-com, heroes of might and magic 2,3, might and magic 6,7 ect they had crappy graphics but it was pure joy to play them.

Or maby Im getting old

it also seems like there is a graphics fetisch nowdays. Nice surface but not depth.

Old consol games like zelda 1,2, final fantazy, super mario 1,2,3 and old pc games like x-com, heroes of might and magic 2,3, might and magic 6,7 ect they had crappy graphics but it was pure joy to play them.

Or maby Im getting old
    meh either or

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    I have a 360, and love it. Microsoft just announced that all 360's will have a 1 yr warrenty. If you have kids a Wii would be cool. My 9yr old plays the xbox more than his new Wii, and the neighbor dosent like his ps3 as much as his 360(and this guy is serious about gaming) I would say the 360 is geared towards grown ups. It will do so much, I odered pay per veiw last night from live, and last week I watched UFC fight..... Yes with my 360.

for the games you want, the wii might be better.
    although the 360 has oblivion and prey, and has the power for some major improvements.
    i personally think the wii is a waste of time. but thats because i like games like gears of war, rainbow 6, ghost recon etc.

BIGswang is offline Associate Member
    i used to play alot too but everytime a new system comes out it gets harder to play and figure out the games which make it more frustrating than fun just my 2 cents

Anastasia is offline Female Member
    Hello

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Xbox 360

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Xbox 360 and yes new games are just as addictive..
    I got my xbox 360 for Christmas and It's awesome!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    360 dude

besides, from my understanding, micro$oft has the patent for the controller actually, and will be coming out with it for the 360 soon

I just got home from the store with a 360 and oblivion

The whole thing with game cost around 560 bucks

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    not even a question..360 > wii

wii was fun for about 15min but 360's gameplay and graphics are sooo much better imho

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    360 seems to be the way to go

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    oblivion BEEST rpg ever.. much more fun on computer if u ask me but hey to each their own, but i woulda bot oboliv for computer and wii consule

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    how do you like it Johan

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    xbox 360

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont know how it is anywhere else, but everyone I know keeps going on about how fun a Wii is or how they want to get one.

just so u guys know, if ur into games like oblivion computer is 100 times better to play. it gets real anouying shooting people or slashing with a xbox controller. compared to a computer. and the graffics are alot better even on a average pc. great game oblivion but no time for me to play. i would look at import tuner or the new need for speed if u like cars.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    just so u guys know, if ur into games like oblivion computer is 100 times better to play. it gets real anouying shooting people or slashing with a xbox controller. compared to a computer. and the graffics are alot better even on a average pc. great game oblivion but no time for me to play. i would look at import tuner or the new need for speed if u like cars.

I agree. For games like Oblivion (which was immense on the PC), opt for the PC version if you have both platforms.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    Xbox 360 and yes new games are just as addictive..
    I got my xbox 360 for Christmas and It's awesome!
    I hate you. I went looking for a 360i on Christmas eve and it's sold out all over the island

johan does the store let u return games after like 10-14 days! i love electronic B if u dont like the game u can exchange it. so either way ull find the right game for you enjoy the 360. plenty of good games out. i cant wait to get stuck into the new splitner cell and god father when i have time.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia
    Hello
    Well hello sweetie.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Anybody need any playstation 3's?

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    Anybody need any playstation 3's?
    mind pming me all details like price and games and whats exactly included thanks.

bbplaya21 is offline Associate Member
    360 over anything

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    My brother just bought a Wii, and it's major fun.

Zelda is freaking sweet. Best Zelda game I've played since Ocarina of Time... maybe even better than that game.

Wii sports is great too. I played it for afew hours, and loved it.

Madden took alittle while to figure out how to play, but it's the most fun football game I've ever played on a system.

I'm definately buying a Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    how do you like it Johan
    Loving it so far

Yeah for rpg computer is the best. But when I heard neverwinternights 2 runs slow even on top of the line computers I thought **** this. I have a old 1,4ghz athlon with 768megs of sdram and a old graphics card that can just about handle max payne one and two. Not to mention my 15 inch screen is 8 years old.

I would have to spend a solid 900-1000 on a computer to be able to play games and even then I know in a year the games will demand even more juice blah.

But I realy realy realy want to play neverwinter nights 2

I got used to the xbox controller for oblivion in 45 minutes or so. Not as smooth as a mouse and keyboard for sure but it seems like its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    My brother just bought a Wii, and it's major fun.

Zelda is freaking sweet. Best Zelda game I've played since Ocarina of Time... maybe even better than that game.

Wii sports is great too. I played it for afew hours, and loved it.

Madden took alittle while to figure out how to play, but it's the most fun football game I've ever played on a system.

I'm definately buying a Wii.
    Zelda looks awsome. Ocarina of time is one of my favorite games of all time. Nintendo knows how to make games that are pure joy to play. I bet before summer I will have talked my gf into buying a wii

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    360 is better for online gaming and graphics but wii is more involved gameplay.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i went to futureshop to inquire about a PS3 and the guy told me not to buy one...i guess thier release has been even more shaky than the 360.
    i would wait a year on the ps3..let them get all the bugs out.
    i have an xbox 360 and think gears of war is probably the best game ive ever played. havent played the wii, but the differences are pretty obvious. you want graphics and an upgrade in traditional gaming, get the 360, you want to swing around your arms playing a fictional game of tennis, get the wii.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    I have xbox 360 and the main reason to buy that is gears of war(the best game ever). I really want a wii though. Playing wii makes every game better. that controller is awesome. plus zelda and mario are supposed to be the greatest thing since goldeneye. Even the bad wii games are better than most 360 games. GET THE WIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

Seems like there wont be any Wii's in sweden until april. They are totaly sold out and nintendo cant build em fast enough.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanBastard
    I hate you. I went looking for a 360i on Christmas eve and it's sold out all over the island
    I purchased mine from ebay..
    Premium system for 239..
    Needed a new hardrive..
    I got lucky it was under warranty and xbox sent me a brand new one..
    So I save 190 dollars or so..
    Get one bajan and we can go to war

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    better off waiting for ps3 just played wii its not that great well if your 11 and under

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information