Thread: takeing risks

bigeater is offline Associate Member

takeing risks

Do you know any book/books that I can read so I can dare to take risks. I want to take risks but I canīt. My parents think that I shouldnīt take risks. They think that I should only study and move if I know that I can easily get a job. I live in a little shithole and I have a boring, lowpaid shitjob and itīs hard to get another job where I live. I want to move to a bigger town and start studying or get a job that I enjoy or do both. But I canīt take risks and I only do what other people like parents or relatives think that I should do like having a safe and secure job until I find another job and only study if i know that I can get a job etc. I have a bad job because I havenīt gone to college. So can you reccomend a book or something that I can read?

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    You probably don't have an issue with taking risks, but a problem with seeking the approval of your parents/relatives. How old are you? Do you have any money saved? How much?

You take risks everyday. Moving to a larger town, going to school, etc. is not risk taking if you adequately research and plan for it. There is not book out there that can help you take risks...only you can decide to begin living your life as you desire, not as others desire, and risk their disapproval.

Don't be afraid of failure. You will fail..guaranteed. Everyone fails. The key is to learn from the failure, accept the experience and try again, and again, and again. The only true failure, is failing to try.

You will more than likely get some responses here that will tell you to grow a pair and get on with your life. In a nutshell that is what I'm saying, just abit more gentle. Now get off you a$$ and get in the game...times wasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    You probably don't have an issue with taking risks, but a problem with seeking the approval of your parents/relatives. How old are you? Do you have any money saved? How much?

You take risks everyday. Moving to a larger town, going to school, etc. is not risk taking if you adequately research and plan for it. There is not book out there that can help you take risks...only you can decide to begin living your life as you desire, not as others desire, and risk their disapproval.

Don't be afraid of failure. You will fail..guaranteed. Everyone fails. The key is to learn from the failure, accept the experience and try again, and again, and again. The only true failure, is failing to try.

You will more than likely get some responses here that will tell you to grow a pair and get on with your life. In a nutshell that is what I'm saying, just abit more gentle. Now get off you a$$ and get in the game...times wasting.
    I am 23 y old. I have about 150000 swedish crowns(1 usdollar= 6 - 8 swedish crowns) saved. Iīm maybe going to have a gyno surgery and remove alot of moles and Iīm going to by a better car. I think that itīs a risk to move to a bigger town because I wonīt get money until I have found a new job if I donīt call and go to companies in that town before so I know that I can get a job. to study is also takeing a risk because you borrow money and you donīt know how long it takes for you to get a job or if you have go be in a internship with no payment. I want to study so I donīt have to take lowpaid,boring and shortterm jobs but I donīt know what Iīm going to study and itīs been about 4 years since I quit school. I am depressed because of the job that I have now.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Ya gotta prioritize...whats more important, gyno and mole removal which is only cosmetic, a new car, or being happy in a career you enjoy in a place you enjoy. Remember, if you do nothing, then nothing will happen. If you do nothing to change where you live, how you live and work, then it will always be the same...When you get to the point you hate it enough, you'll find a way, we all did to some extent. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Ya gotta prioritize...whats more important, gyno and mole removal which is only cosmetic, a new car, or being happy in a career you enjoy in a place you enjoy. Remember, if you do nothing, then nothing will happen. If you do nothing to change where you live, how you live and work, then it will always be the same...When you get to the point you hate it enough, you'll find a way, we all did to some extent. Good luck.
    Thank you.
    I donīt know what is most important. I really want to quit my job and move and work or study and I really want to get rid of my gyno and remove my moles. A car is least important.

Thread Information