finny is offline Associate Member

Give me a break...

I don't know, it's getting ridiculous with claims that some people make.

Here is an example:

Oh, I'm in my early 20s, I've been exercising for a couple of years seriously and I've gained 20-40lbs and I'm looking to do my first cycle now. They show you pictures of themselves and it looks like they've been on the gear for few years.

Come on guys, be real. I've been around for a while now and I can pretty much tell who's using and who is not. You can tell by the muscle fullness/thickness and general build. Genetics, what's that? Give me a break. Same with all those professional bb claiming they are drug free - yeah right, and I'm Santa Claus.

I'm not flaming anyone in particular, but some of these people need a reality check and members of this board should call them out - no point in being nice. This is a steroid related board and people are here for a reason.

Yes, genetics play a role. Genetics will separate winners from loosers at the competition level - not all people can be build like Arnold no matter how much gear they take.

Hope this is not out of line, if it is, I appologize.

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    u gonna post a pic or not?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    So whats your point?

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Seriously man there are some genetic freaks out there. Some dudes are that big without roids. Im not one of them for sure but they are out there.

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Good thread, I have trained for 18 years and am use to the BS you read on the net. But for every troll pretinding to be some thing he is not you have 3 or 4 cool people. I just laugh at all the BS and if that person lives in My state/city I invite them to my gym for a workout, so far none of the braggards have shown up.

In the real world a raw 400lb bench in the gym is amazing, on the net it's pathetic if you bench less than 500lbs raw. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    So whats your point?
    If you're using admit it - don't tell everyone that you have super genetics and the like.

Yes you can be big naturally, but there is a difference in muscle appearance and fullness.

I've seen pics of kids, 16-17, where they said they trained for a couple of years and these are the results. A lot of people complementated him on the results and genetics, but come on, you can tell the kids has been on few cycles.

So, that's my point. When I go through my cycle and I like the results and I post the pic, I will come out and say as is...

One more point...

It goes to the point where newbies have to be educated. I remember when I started working out I would look up to those people in magazines and use their training routines.

Now I know, those routines are for people on gear and 'natural' people will overtrain from day one. At that time, nutrition was not being pushed as much and in detail as it is now.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Its an information board to discuss training, supplements, general topics, health related issues, and AAS. People are going to do what ever they please. It's better to have a place where they can educate themselves, rather then hurt themselves and put a damper into the BB'ing community because some re re didnt read before he took a dive.

Take it easy and relax. People are going to lie, rather it be about AAS use or dick size or how much they can lift. It's life and people are that way.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I live in Iowa and were some corn fed dudes, and we've had a few guys go D1 and alot go D2 from my school and our record is 380 and the dude weighed 275 I know what you mean some of these 190lb guys saying they do 350 natural. Pretty impressive!!! I was in the marine corp for 4 years and saw some huge dudes. no one i saw in the gym ever did 400 and i know alot of them used gear.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by finny
    If you're using admit it - don't tell everyone that you have super genetics and the like.

Yes you can be big naturally, but there is a difference in muscle appearance and fullness.

I've seen pics of kids, 16-17, where they said they trained for a couple of years and these are the results. A lot of people complementated him on the results and genetics, but come on, you can tell the kids has been on few cycles.

So, that's my point. When I go through my cycle and I like the results and I post the pic, I will come out and say as is...
    Gotcha!

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    there are some freaks out there though,and to look at someone whos claims to be natural and say they are not because of your own prejudices is just plain stubbornness or jealousy. There was one guy at my gym that weighed maybe 190 lbs if he was wet and he could put up 275 on the bench 10 times, and didnt even lift seriously. Antoher guy weighed in at about 275 and could bench over 500 raw and i know he didnt use AAS. You cant judge this sort of thing by just looking at someone, its just ignorant.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    i don't see pics in the PIC forum......

Yes, I know, I posted a silly or controversial subject and I got it.

There is nothing to be jealous of. I'm 36 years old and I have to kids - I'm beyond that. I just can't stand those silly claims. I'll be the first one to complement someone on their great physique. And yes, I can admit I had similar physique - it's only natural.

Most of the time I'll be able to tell if someone used AAS to build their physique - muscle just looks different. But I'll be the first one to admit that I make mistakes...

I'll just say that there are still professional bodybuilders that claim they never used AAS and I'll just leave it at that.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Im a freak ! Look at my Avatar... 1 month of serious training, no roids!
    Look at Mald's avvy, he just started yesterday.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyZX6R
    i don't see pics in the PIC forum......
    Ditto.. moving this to the lounge.

This thread is..

Yes there are liars on the net.. this is the net.

Same as there are liars in every other area of our every-day lives... such is life.

But to start a thread calling out everyone who makes a claim...and labelling them a liar is blatantly disrespectful..and bitter at that.

I know some pros.. I've trained with 'em.. grown up around 'em... Eaten with 'em etc.

And you'd be surprised to find that they haven't used a 1/4 of what most have used here. I have a close friend who i hope will be very successful in the near future and he honestly has never used a 'standard' dose or duration as perpetuated on the message boards.. He's only touched 4 compounds in his life. Most of his gains are natty.

Of course he's been training 20+ years before he finally turned pro... but this is inconsequential. You can't honestly tell me that you believe that you can't turn pro without a boatload of gear.

On the topic of genetic freaks.. I always give the guys here the benefit of the doubt... because i know some genetics freaks myself.

Actually i know a depressingly large number of 'em.

Mods, I think it's time to close this thread - it's pointless.

Just to make sure, I didn't start this thread to offend anyone. I'm not calling anyone a liar. As a matter of fact, there haven't been too many making these claims - I can probably count those people on my two hands between all the boards that I have visited. Just wanted to make a point that people need to take things with a grain of salt.

Maybe I didn't make it clear. I'm not disputing most of the claims, but there are some that when you look at the person ,it screams AAS. Yes, it's possible to gain 20lbs in a year. But that weight and physique will be different than that of AAS assisted gains. I don't think people got this point when I started this thread.

It's not the point if someone has used one cycle or 20 or what dosage they used. If you used it to improve your physique, that's it.

Sorry again...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ I got your point.. but i did disagree with it.

I've seen some genetic freaks.. and i know they haven't touched a drop of gear.

Heck they came to me for their first cycle advice.

But people never seem to believe that they have gotten where they did without gear.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    La La La La La La La La La La...............................................

Well, if you were pro would you go spilling the beans about what cycles you do? Possibly ruin supplement endorsements, videos, books? They aren't telling you what they do because they all assume everybody knows they're juiced out anyways, duh. And juice and/or genetics is not what got them pro, it's busting their asses and making sacrifices that normal people cannot make. People can talk this and that about gear or genetics, it wont even get you to the Nationals this day and age, the competition is too fierce. I don't look at people as he's juicing or he's not, he got big because of this, or he got small because he dropped his cycle. I look at what I can see, it is what it is, a great physique. Obviously you've never cycled steroids before, because if you have you'd know nothing is magic

Thread Information