Snrf is offline Banned

We're all insane

You ever realize just how weird we all are?

I definitely realized how weird I am to the normal person today when I was trying to figure out if I could fit my bulk buy of 55lbs of chicken/steak into my freezer w/o my housemates freaking out.

Like..normal things aren't normal anymore:

Eating isn't about enjoying my food, its about protein assimilation.
    School isn't about learning, it gets in the way of my training/eating.
    Going out drinking isn't fun, its catabolic.
    Waking up isn't about lie-ins, it's about stopping the catabolism my stupid body gets into every night.
    My free time isn't spent doing normal "fun" activities. I spend it learning how to get bigger, stronger, faster.
    I even found myself worrying I was going catabolic during a marathon sex session recently...

It just made me realize....we're all fucking nuts!

feel free to add your observations on what we do....

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    No shit you just found out.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Why is this all considered crazy??

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster

I definitely realized how weird I am to the normal person today when I was trying to figure out if I could fit my bulk buy of 55lbs of chicken/steak into my freezer w/o my housemates freaking out.

Waking up isn't about lie-ins, it's about stopping the catabolism my stupid body gets into every night.
    My free time isn't spent doing normal "fun" activities. I spend it learning how to get bigger, stronger, faster.
    I even found myself worrying I was going catabolic during a marathon sex session recently...

SAD but TRUE

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I have known this for quite a while buddy.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Were not crazy man, people that dont care about themselves are the crazy ones!!! Everyone laughs and says im stupid when I carry around tuperware at college with 3 chicken breast 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of veggies in it. But Garuntee when your looking awsome, pulling chicks, making other guys feel obsolete, they wont think your crazy for it, they will want to know what they need to do, to be like you!

I spend all my "free time" on this board

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    no such thing as normal.

and if there is, i don't even begin to associate with that word. i agree with everything you said, except the sleep in part. you just crossed the line there. i'll give into a catabolic state to sleep an extra few hours.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    ya, but wouldnt want it any other way

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    we are all crazy and all normal in our own little ways.

but some people are simply out of thier f**king gord. you aint really seen crazy till you worked retail..

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    It's strange, but in the back of my head when I go out drinking I worry about lowering my testosterone . Oh yea, I always planned college around my workouts too.

chest6 is offline Banned
    basically i was just sayin "yep!' to everything you listed

Basically all my daily activities Im thinking about "is this interfering with bb'ing" somehow

at work i avoid picking things up like mulch like the plague..
    i always stack stuff up to sit down at my register so i dont stand too long
    When I come home for lunch i get my parents to cook my food and i lay on the couch with my feet elevated drinking water

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Just remember this, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

Being 'normal' requires no effort. We're not different, we're better.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    ya i think its normally

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yup werer all a bunch of freakin tards.........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    YOUR RIGHT we are all ****ing mad, but hey, if i look gud then im happy to be labelled mad.lol

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Il add a few

I used to

flex every single time I passed by a reflecting surface. Car window, store mirror. You name it and I was sneak flexing to se if Im looking pumped.

Walk for 1,5-2 hours in northern swedish winter everyday when cutting. Somedays temp was as low as -40 and it took me 1 hour in a soaking hot bathtub to thaw. It sure did burn fat though. I guess my body was fighting hard to keep up body temp.

Whenever I went shooping I always looked up the food with the lowest cost per gram of protein. I could pull out a calculator in the store and run around checking all labels.

Walk for 1,5 hour to another store just to save a few cents on ground beef or chicken to be able to maximize protein in my diet with the limited cash I had.

Bore everyone around me by constantly talking about juice, weights or diet. Nothing else existed in my head and I basicly just associated with fellow lifters.

Go to parties with a protein shake instead of vodka.

Different food was just a means to build muscle, not a enjoyment in itself, unless we talk about cheat day.

If I had to choose betwen buying juice or buying clothes (because every piece of clothing I wore was torn) I picked juice every time.

Just to mention a few.

Im acctualy glad that I am out of that mindset though, it was great to have the bodybuilding fire burning brightly and enjoy the motivation. But nowdays I guess lifting is number 5-6 on my priority list and I got to say Im happy about it. There is more to life than lifting and most of those obessive things do nothing to add extra muscle, it just restricts life.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    i think the crazy ones r the guys who r out drinking til they pass out everynight or smoking cigs weed etc 2-3 times a day. at least what we do is to better ourselves...IMO they're all the crazy ones lol

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster

I know I am not like that. I may have used to be to a slight degree, but I have realized most of those ways of thinking are just over obsessiveness kicking in, and do nothing to actually help you, but probably hurt you more so by stressing you out and making you unhappy. I feel sorry for anyone who lives their life like that. You can still bodybuild and be pretty damn "normal" in everyday life. The only differnce I have is:
    -I cook a lot more than other people
    -I don't eat out as much
    -I eat a TON more food
    -I go the the gym and lift/do cardio 3 times per week (except when in competition mode)

I just make my food before hand and prepare ahead of time and I can do anything/go anywhere I want with out it affecting my bodybuilding or me having to think about it.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlInDsIdE
    i think the crazy ones r the guys who r out drinking til they pass out everynight or smoking cigs weed etc 2-3 times a day. at least what we do is to better ourselves...IMO they're all the crazy ones lol
    IMO i think its ok to stil go out and get pissed at a weekend, cos you can get to obsessive. I used to count callories so badly that even if i had s sly chip off my girlfreinds plate id workout how many calories was in it (2),.lol

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    I know I am not like that. I may have used to be to a slight degree, but I have realized most of those ways of thinking are just over obsessiveness kicking in, and do nothing to actually help you, but probably hurt you more so by stressing you out and making you unhappy. I feel sorry for anyone who lives their life like that. You can still bodybuild and be pretty damn "normal" in everyday life. The only differnce I have is:
    -I cook a lot more than other people
    -I don't eat out as much
    -I eat a TON more food
    -I go the the gym and lift/do cardio 3 times per week (except when in competition mode)

I just make my food before hand and prepare ahead of time and I can do anything/go anywhere I want with out it affecting my bodybuilding or me having to think about it.
    Ditto.

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Ditto.
    Unfortunately it took me quite a few years to realize this. Now that I am not so anal, I am enjoying things more than ever and making better gains. I guess once you have the knowledge of your diet/training and how to grow properly you don't have to worry/stress as much b/c you can be at peace knowing that you have set up everything the best way possible for optimal gains.

chest6 is offline Banned
    probably the worst thing I do is force it to make me anti social. I wont go out because I wont have access to food. If I do go out..Ill either wait til like 12 and come back at 2 for my next meal or bring food with me..leave it in my car and eat it halfway through when Im out. Pft-and college is supposed to be fun.

Unfortunately it took me quite a few years to realize this. Now that I am not so anal, I am enjoying things more than ever and making better gains. I guess once you have the knowledge of your diet/training and how to grow properly you don't have to worry/stress as much b/c you can be at peace knowing that you have set up everything the best way possible for optimal gains.
    Ditto.. I realised this from my former best friend

I kicked his ass in our first contest...and he kicked my ass every year since then.

People were saying that i was just getting by on my genetics..that i wasn't training hard enough..that my diet was slacking..because i was better than him yet he kept beating me.

But they were wrong. I was training harder...i wasn't half-assing it. I dieted like a madman... etc.

While he went out and partied and shit..and still would be 1% drier... or 1% bigger.. just 1% better period each time.

I realise now that i simply stressed myself too much.

Now i don't.

I do everything that needs to be done... but i also hang more.

I don't party..but that's not related to my lifestyle choice.. but rather to a personal decision totally non-correlated.

Life's too short to live with one's head up one's ass.

This isn't to say that one should relax one's discipline.

To the contrary...

The greatest discipline is in knowing when to relax.

-Nark

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I am OCD about weird stuff that is not even BB related. Im pretty relaxed about the small BB related stuff. I just do what feels right. I am strict with diet though which others find hard to understand. They think I must be unhappy because I do not eat burgers and chips. It couldnt be further from the truth, I actually hate the taste of that kind of greasy stuff now. I would rather treat myself to some extra dried fruit and oats.
    People think im weird because they judge me by there own standards. Just because they drink until 3am friday night and spend the rest of the weekend throwing up and eating crap doesnt mean we all want to!! I would rather be out feeling well and experiencing life.

Ditto.. I realised this from my former best friend

I kicked his ass in our first contest...and he kicked my ass every year since then.

People were saying that i was just getting by on my genetics..that i wasn't training hard enough..that my diet was slacking..because i was better than him yet he kept beating me.

But they were wrong. I was training harder...i wasn't half-assing it. I dieted like a madman... etc.

While he went out and partied and shit..and still would be 1% drier... or 1% bigger.. just 1% better period each time.

I realise now that i simply stressed myself too much.

Now i don't.

I do everything that needs to be done... but i also hang more.

I don't party..but that's not related to my lifestyle choice.. but rather to a personal decision totally non-correlated.

Life's too short to live with one's head up one's ass.

This isn't to say that one should relax one's discipline.

To the contrary...

The greatest discipline is in knowing when to relax.

-Nark
    Great post!!! SO true..

CHest...why not bring a shake with you when you go out? I go out around 9-10 and eat a big solid meal before I leave. I also make a shake and bring it with me in the car so once I get downtown, or out wherever we go< i pound it before leaving the car which is usually around 10-11 and then I get home around 2:30 for my bedtime meal. I will even have a couple beers when I am out with the fellas. I only get sh*tfaced once every month or two
    Last edited by spound; 01-13-2007 at 11:34 AM.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    yup werer all a bunch of freakin tards.........................

thanks man

chest6 is offline Banned
    Great post!!! SO true..

CHest...why not bring a shake with you when you go out? I go out around 9-10 and eat a big solid meal before I leave. I also make a shake and bring it with me in the car so once I get downtown, or out wherever we go< i pound it before leaving the car which is usually around 10-11 and then I get home around 2:30 for my bedtime meal. I will even have a couple beers when I am out with the fellas. I only get sh*tfaced once every month or two
    yeah..i started doing that some last semester...but after awhile i just quit goin out again

Great post!!! SO true..

That's what i do too

That's what i do too
    great minds think alike

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    bodybuilding does not prevent me from having a good time at all and going out. I don't drink nor do coke when i am on for numerous months straight, but clubbing/dating/bar hopping all a must, especially when you hit that G-spot on your cycles!!!!

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I am OCD about weird stuff that is not even BB related. Im pretty relaxed about the small BB related stuff. I just do what feels right. I am strict with diet though which others find hard to understand. They think I must be unhappy because I do not eat burgers and chips. It couldnt be further from the truth, I actually hate the taste of that kind of greasy stuff now. I would rather treat myself to some extra dried fruit and oats.
    People think im weird because they judge me by there own standards. Just because they drink until 3am friday night and spend the rest of the weekend throwing up and eating crap doesnt mean we all want to!! I would rather be out feeling well and experiencing life.

i experience the exact same comments. people are always like "man, you must hate your life. how boring and how much you miss out on by not being able to drink and eat chips all the time". thing is, i just don't want to. they cannot grasp the concept that i enjoy bodybuilding and all it entails. when i eat a chicken breast, i picture in my head, my muscles absorbing the protein and halting the catabolic effects from not eating for 2 hours. i cam visually see how this and every meal will affect my growth in the future. i enjoy it and get a kick out of it. it's the life i chose. it's the life i love. i wouldn't trade it in for all the money in the world. i now look down on the people who drink all the time and couldn't care less what their bodies or insides look like. obsessed is just a word lazy people use for committed.

sorry for the lobg post, its just that everyone i know thinks i ma so strange for bodybuilding. mainly cos they think it's so easy and i am going too far by eating all the time. i've had full blown arguments with people saying that all you need to do, is go hard at the gym, and eat healthy. THAT"S IT. am i the only one who gets insulted by uneductated people saying the hobby i live, love and breathe is simple????

Thread Information