305GUY is offline Anabolic Member

ANyone a television technician??? i need help SAP!

i have a samsung dlp 56" that i bought about 6 months ago.. the f*cker stopped powering up last week.. no picture and no audio... i call up and have a tech come out.. he looks behind the tv, takes of a panel off, touches something inside the tv, and the tv powers up...

I was like WTF, cause i thought i needed a lamp change but he says i didnt... problem is later that night the same shit happend again and now the tv doesnt power up.. i took the panel off and cant see how the guy fixed it... im so facking pissed off... have to wait another week for a new tech...

anybody have a clue as to what the problem could be if not the lamp?? or any advice on DLP tvs?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    or a good television forum or site to look at???

demand that someone comes out sooner! if u have it the same as us here, u get 12 months warrenty. if u have to wait a week, be petty about it and say that if they hold u back a week, u want 6 months extended warrenty. if they say no, go every day and hound them til they crack and send someone out there and then. or demand they pay for someone else to come out and fix it. or just get teh contact details of the guy who came first time and ask him what the hell he did with that, that might void ur warrenty tho! i duno, just suggestions!

you have to wake up the little pixie in the little wheel, they are lazy little buggers. just give him / her a little poke. jk.
    you could check www.avforums.com the guys on there a pretty good.

if i was you, i would tell them to take the tv back and get a refund. if it has bust twice in 6 months theres obviously something wrong with it already. what happens when the warranty runs out, your gonna have to pay for the guy to just come round and " wake the pixie".
    or get them to exchange with a new one.
    if they say they will take it away to fix it, mark it with one of those security pens that are invisible to the naked eye. because supposedly a lot of the time you dont get your original one back, and you dont know what the problem was with the one they just gave you back, or how many hours on the lamp etc.

Thread Information