Thread: College sucks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dhriscerr is offline Senior Member

College sucks!

So im taking 20 Semester hours and took 23 last sememster, Anyone else have a huge load? I dont know if ill make it the whole semester. Im taking Buisness Statistics, Microeconomics, English Comp II, Beginning web page developement, Biology, and Psychology. So im not taking 20 hours of BS these are some wicked classes. Im trying to get done with my 4 year degree in 3 years, including summers. I just spent like 8 hours doing homework and its the first week of college. Anyone else going through this? What do you do to stay ontop of everything? I work 4 nights aweek also from 6pm til 2am.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I agree, college sucks.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I agree, college sucks.
    fvck that. i'll enjoy my college lifestyle and easy hook ups while i still have them. i'm taking 16 hours and i thought that was a load. good luck on the 20 hours bro, that's ridiculous, i know i couldn't do it.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    fvck that. i'll enjoy my college lifestyle and easy hook ups while i still have them. i'm taking 16 hours and i thought that was a load. good luck on the 20 hours bro, that's ridiculous, i know i couldn't do it.
    Good for you dude. I'd rather get paid though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    good gawd 20 hours? Ill stop complaining

My advisor said it would be doable but I think she is on something? Cause its tough. Atleast I can see where I am a few weeks into it and drop a class without a grade and just take it in the summer, if I get to far behind. 23 hours was alittle easier because it was stupid classes, some vocational, so not much homework like now.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Dude, if you ever do a Ph.D., you'll be thinking "I guess 20 hours as an undergrad wasn't that bad compared to this..."

Hey bro, hang in there. I know it's tough, but stay disciplined and on top of your coursework. When you get that sheepskin, it'll all be worth it and you'll be ahead of the game. Good luck to you!!

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    When you enter the real working world you will then see how much you miss school.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, the work sucks but the girls are nice to look at.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    When you enter the real working world you will then see how much you miss school.
    I prefer working much more then I do going to school. I am back for my Masters

School makes me miss the Marines, I never thought I'd say that!!! I think Id rather be clearing houses in Fallujah again

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    School makes me miss the Marines, I never thought I'd say that!!! I think Id rather be clearing houses in Fallujah again
    It's kinda funny when you enter the classrooms, all the kids are the same, just graduated HS, and we are young enough to pass for one of them. But they have no idea what we have seen and what we have been through. Most people in my class don't really talk to me, I think they are afraid of me or something, that's ok, the girls aren't afraid. But they should be.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Truer words were never spoken. Cherish these days, they're some of the best you'll have.

And use the stack for assistance.

M.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    College does suck.

I just came back from 4 months of my co-op /inernship so demotivated. I dont feel like doing any work/readings

Ha Ha im married for one so that kinda screws the college lifestyle, and second I go to a community college so the selection of honeys is limited to say the least. I guess its all about lowering standards.

Ha Ha im married for one so that kinda screws the college lifestyle, and second I go to a community college so the selection of honeys is limited to say the least. I guess its all about lowering standards.
    That's what was great about the Marine Corps, it lowers your standards beyond belief. Cause there are no chicks anywhere! So when you get to college, the average chicks look smoking!

bbplaya21 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=dhriscerr]Ha Ha im married for one so that kinda screws the college lifestyle, and second I go to a community college so the selection of honeys is limited to say the least. I guess its all about lowering standards.QUOTE]
    blam right there. i got to college and nothin but dumbass chicks come here that cant get into the 4 yr school so i had to lower my standerds big time. well at least there smarter than me and do my online homework. hehe

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol i had 15 hours and just dropped to 12 so i could have tuesdays/thursdays off.
    im taking statistics 4710 (senior level class and ive never takin stat before :S)
    mechanical design 1
    dynamics of fluids
    circuit theory.............hopefully its fairly easy

i did have computational methods AND engineering materials in there as well but those to class alone are 20+ hours a week worth of work...so i dropped em.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    So im taking 20 Semester hours and took 23 last sememster, Anyone else have a huge load? I dont know if ill make it the whole semester. Im taking Buisness Statistics, Microeconomics, English Comp II, Beginning web page developement, Biology, and Psychology. So im not taking 20 hours of BS these are some wicked classes. Im trying to get done with my 4 year degree in 3 years, including summers. I just spent like 8 hours doing homework and its the first week of college. Anyone else going through this? What do you do to stay ontop of everything? I work 4 nights aweek also from 6pm til 2am.
    Thats a lot to say the least! I take 4 classes at all times.. currently pretty easy Sports Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology II, Core Concepts in Health, and Fitness Psychology. Not even close to your sched. Youve started it, might as well finish it. You'll suffer for this semester, but make up for it next by taking it a lot easier.. Good luck...

im going 12semester hours in the summer also and 16 in the fall, but my A.A will be done in 1 year! HAPPY DAYS AHEAD!!

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    im going 12semester hours in the summer also and 16 in the fall, but my A.A will be done in 1 year! HAPPY DAYS AHEAD!!
    Fvck THAT! lol ill stick to my 4.5 year plan

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    Fvck THAT! lol ill stick to my 4.5 year plan
    5 year plan here.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm doing 5 courses this semester.. That's the average allowable courses.

I applied for 6 but i would've had to be given special permission to do the extra course.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i am doing 15 hrs and work full time on the weekends

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    i am doing 15 hrs and work full time on the weekends
    yeah im only working weekends now...workin like 30 hours during the week is no fun

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Yeah, it's too bad that you're given the opportunity to get a college degree.

(Just kidding)

Friday and sat is for my wife and kids, Monday school starts at 10am to 4pm and work starts at 6pm til 2 am, then tues is 8am to 2pm class then 6pm-2am work, wed 10am-4pm school then work 6pm-2am. Thursday 10 am til 2pm then Biology from 5-10pm class and lab in one. Friday HOMEWORK ALL DAY one class from 11am-1pm, then my bro's HS basketball game, saturday with the wife and kid and more homework, sunday wife and kid then sunday night 6pm-2am work again.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Cry me a river!!! I have 34 hours!!! In a specialized mechanical engineering!!! Seriously though.. 3 years is nothing, buckle down and it will fly by!!

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Your taking one more class than I am. The problem is your work. During school I work 1 maybe 2 days a week *max. (right now i just quit my job though)
    See how it goes, if you can't hack it, cut your work days in half. But that depends on whether or not you live still live at home. If your working to pay for school, what I did was break my ass one semester, get on the deans list, and now the school pays 90% of my education.
    Therefore my parents pay shit, and all I pay is car insurance and cell phone and if Im really stuck for cash Ill ask my parents here and there for 20 bucks for gas or w/e because better that than 25g's a year for school.

ALso check ratemyprofessor.com *before registering, pick all the EASY teachers EARLY, makes a HUGE difference. If all else fails, take a class on "patience", lose the whole 3 year notion, and just be normal like the rest of the 5 years graduates.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 01-16-2007 at 10:41 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    Your taking one more class than I am. The problem is your work. During school I work 1 maybe 2 days a week *max. (right now i just quit my job though)
    See how it goes, if you can't hack it, cut your work days in half. But that depends on whether or not you live still live at home. If your working to pay for school, what I did was break my ass one semester, get on the deans list, and now the school pays 90% of my education.
    Therefore my parents pay shit, and all I pay is car insurance and cell phone and if Im really stuck for cash Ill ask my parents here and there for 20 bucks for gas or w/e because better that than 25g's a year for school.

ALso check ratemyprofessor.com *before registering, pick all the EASY teachers EARLY, makes a HUGE difference. If all else fails, take a class on "patience", lose the whole 3 year notion, and just be normal like the rest of the 5 years graduates.
    Yep. Or pickaprof.com Having a good professor is HUGE.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Yep. Or pickaprof.com Having a good professor is HUGE.
    yeh i always heard friends talking about it and i never thought it was that big a deal till i actually tried it this semester, it makes a HUGE difference.
    i actually would have had 2 professors this semester with like a rating around 1 who students said not only were miserable people but were extremely difficult.
    the ones i have now are *awesome. so this is def something ill do every semester now.

Dude, Im married with a kid and I have a home mortgage to pay. I cant really just cut back on my work hours. And im not worried about paying for school I have the GI Bill to do that. If I was single id do the 5 year thing, but I need to get into the job market. Trust me kids change your life. So does the horrible thing of getting married.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    ummm... psychology and comp II are bs courses. that said, i spend about 30-40 hours a week in the library for law school. time management and allotting a little time for yourself do wonders. i'll usually save most of my reading and all of my review for fri, sat, and sunday. that gives me a bit more time to work out, eat out and enjoy life during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    ummm... psychology and comp II are bs courses. that said, i spend about 30-40 hours a week in the library for law school. time management and allotting a little time for yourself do wonders. i'll usually save most of my reading and all of my review for fri, sat, and sunday. that gives me a bit more time to work out, eat out and enjoy life during the week.

Psych is, I can see that now not much homework or anything, but english II papers take up some time. Thats really what I was looking for. An answer to what you guys do to help manage your time. Not a pitty party. But kinda went out like that. In all honesty this forum is gonna kill me, I cant pry myself away from it, Im a postwhore!!!!!!

Logan13 is offline Banned
    College is the easy part. Wait until you get a family, house w/yard, and your career going.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    Just finished school, got my degree and it is a huge weight off. Work can suck just like school but usually with work you can leave it at the office. School is a constant worry until the semester is over. You always have something you could be doing in college and that can be very draining.

Thread Information