Foskamink is offline Banned

aprilira rs125 - arrives in one week

i offically am the proud owner of a 2007 aprilira rs125.

125cc at 37hp
    0-60mph in 6.5seconds
    top speed unknown but it is over 130 mph. dont think i have the guts to go faster then like 60 at first. but we will see what happens, i never road a street bike before but i masterd my car and the go karts. now motobike. wanna get into racing on the track in the summer. so ill see what happens. im excited.

in roughly 7-10 days i get the plates and ride off into the sunset.
    advertising my car for sale this week, but the wrx proves itself in the snow and the ice. we were told it wouldnt cut it so we needed to buy the jeep wrangler. but the wrangler got stuck every 5 yards i had to dig all 4 tyres did this for 3 hours last night. over 400 yards. and my wrx went up like it was nothing so we are going to trade the wrangler in and i think keep my wrx hoooray i was going to miss that car

i go in to get my gear next week. im going to the track after about a month of rideing and start to take this pretty hard and see what happens.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    bet u paid a pretty penny for an aprilia....? you have that retarded rule about nothing over 250ccs tho dont u?

yeh top dollar, but you get what you pay for, honda dont make cbr no more, kawasaki i dont think make ninja (i mean 250s) and its really hard to find a 2nd hand 250 arround here. and theres no way im rideing a cbr125. hey my bike is a 125cc but its faster then all the other 250s so i can justify it. couldnt ride a cbr125. bottom line is, on the road i need a sports bike, even tho everyone will say its not a sports bike it is the dynamic of one and the power for a lower 2 stroke. my brother is 14 this year by time he is 16 he can ride this bike. so it will get alot of use. even if i replace it before he can use it, so its not a waste buying a new aprilia 125.

oh and your question 5400 euro registerd on road. about 7000 usd. i would have preferd a 2nd hand bike for less then half, but you try finding a bike in suisse. they just are not here

just so you know its the currency and economy here a new gsxr600 is a good 13500 USD here, so its expensive if your money is coming out of the country but if its coming from inside its all relevant.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Kawi still makes the 250cc Ninja.

The Aprilliras are nice bikes.

Is there a stipulation that you can't ride any of the 250-500cc bikes? Or did you buy that bike because you are mainly planning on riding it on the track?

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    Kawi still makes the 250cc Ninja.

The Aprilliras are nice bikes.

Is there a stipulation that you can't ride any of the 250-500cc bikes? Or did you buy that bike because you are mainly planning on riding it on the track?
    i can ride 250cc and below, i got the aprilia because its just as fast and faster then most 250cc, im also a fan of the 2 stroke over the 4, the aprilia handels better then any 250 aswell i dare say, i plan to ride it on the street alot but also hit the track up a few times a month if i can make it. but by law i am restricted to 25kw which is roughly 35-37 hp which means any 250cc and below really. i hear the ninja was renamed, plus im not a fan of the 4 stroke. i would start on a gsxr 600 if it were legal but it is not so i think i made the best possible legal choice.

also being my first road bike im not really expirenced that much, i road alot of dirt bikes but its a whole different ride, i will have the bike before i can do any lessons and i will be rideing it home ect. so what should i study over the next week to ensure i have the best possible start to my bike before i can get lessons.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i see mommy's still spoiling you

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    i see mommy's still spoiling you
    call it what you want, im enjoying what i can now and thats what counts, im going to find my profession in 2007. im going hard at all my interests and hobbys, im not wanting to go to colleage ever so i better find somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    call it what you want, im enjoying what i can now and thats what counts, im going to find my profession in 2007. im going hard at all my interests and hobbys, im not wanting to go to colleage ever so i better find somthing.

Why don't you start by getting your high school diploma ?

nope, dont want. im going to be a bartender then a bouncer, and possibly one day a club owner, if i dont find my "calling" before then. i ****ed up, 2 years out of school. dont want to go back for another 2 years and finish when im 21. i would rather work starting summer after i do my french. but this thread is about motobikes so please shh.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    show some pics up

swiss stores dont let people take pictures, well at suzuki in the warehouse they didnt so i left my camera at home, ill take pictures of me with it once i bought my gear and got my plates. but this is what it looks like. its really sexy

nope, dont want. im going to be a bartender then a bouncer, and possibly one day a club owner, if i dont find my "calling" before then. i ****ed up, 2 years out of school. dont want to go back for another 2 years and finish when im 21. i would rather work starting summer after i do my french. but this thread is about motobikes so please shh.

no offense .... but you're 5'7 and 165 lbs soaking wet ... with absolutely no training when it comes to self defense ... who exactly are you gonna bounce ?

your best bet is in fact to get some sort of education ... cause you currently have no education whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    no offense .... but you're 5'7 and 165 lbs soaking wet ... with absolutely no training when it comes to self defense ... who exactly are you gonna bounce ?

your best bet is in fact to get some sort of education ... cause you currently have no education whatsoever
    actually i have done a bit of boxing before, and have started in the past month. its working well i enjoy boxing a simple combat, my abs are starting to pop on the ocasion now actually, so im pretty lean compared to my last pics and im the same weight. thats why i will do bartending for a good 6-12 months, then do bouncing if i can, once im a bit heavier and have more expirence, all in good time, and if i want to own a club one day it is nice to have worked in various jobs in the club, who knows what life will bring. no education? i have 12 years? im not going to finish my last because i will have to do 2 more instead of 1 and im not going to finish at 21, thanks for the tip but i will be fine, now please back to motobikes.

The best advise I can offer is to take a learners course, and to buy good gear.

A good quality full face helmet is a must. Full suit or pants and jacket. Motorcycle boots, and gloves aswell.

I prefer the gear that has the "armour" in it. Even the plastic armour stuff helps with impact.

Also a seperate set of rain gear is a wise investment. Doesn't have to be expensive (could be nylon), but just something to keep the rain off your gear and you from getting wet.

I used to keep a nylon rain suit under the seat of my bike. They can fold up really small, and are great for riding through rain.

Buying different visors for your helmet is a good idea too.

Tinted for during the day, and clear for at night.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Nice looking bike. Good luck and be safe. Enjoy!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    Buying different visors for your helmet is a good idea too.

Tinted for during the day, and clear for at night.
    i use and iridium visor. Its good for night and day.

odix is offline Member
    wheres there website >?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    That is a fun little bike to ride

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    nice bike, congrats!

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    very nice, post some pics up dude, ill race you with my gsxr 750 LOL jk

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    i use and iridium visor. Its good for night and day.
    I had one, but noticed alot of glare at night from oncoming traffic's headlights. Maybe I bought a bad brand?

Eitherway, the "crystal" clear visor I had for night riding was better than any other visor I've ever used, and never once fogged up on me.

i left my licence at the hostel in amsterdam so i dont think i will be able to do any leaner courses before i get my bike.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    nice ride. not a fan of the 2 strokes but each to his own.
    dont skimp on protective clothing,lots of kevla.
    be safe

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    thats a badass little bike

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i offically am the proud owner of a 2007 aprilira rs125.

125cc at 37hp
    0-60mph in 6.5seconds
    top speed unknown but it is over 130 mph. dont think i have the guts to go faster then like 60 at first. but we will see what happens, i never road a street bike before but i masterd my car and the go karts. now motobike. wanna get into racing on the track in the summer. so ill see what happens. im excited.

in roughly 7-10 days i get the plates and ride off into the sunset.
    advertising my car for sale this week, but the wrx proves itself in the snow and the ice. we were told it wouldnt cut it so we needed to buy the jeep wrangler. but the wrangler got stuck every 5 yards i had to dig all 4 tyres did this for 3 hours last night. over 400 yards. and my wrx went up like it was nothing so we are going to trade the wrangler in and i think keep my wrx hoooray i was going to miss that car

i go in to get my gear next week. im going to the track after about a month of rideing and start to take this pretty hard and see what happens.

lockers in the jeep and real tires and you wont have those issues

i left my licence at the hostel in amsterdam so i dont think i will be able to do any leaner courses before i get my bike.
    Foska I would give 2:1 odds that if you don't take a learners class BEFORE jumping on that bike that you will dump it within the first week. It is no stab at your manhood or ability to drive, but just a statistic. At the very least, get some frame sliders to put on before your first ride, otherwise all that nice plastic will be rashed up within the week.

125cc is a good starting size for somebody who has never ridden, but even 37hp can get you into trouble quickly if you don't know how to do evasive maneuvers.

One bit of advice remember even when you are in a panic situation that you can't just grab for the brakes full force or you will lock up the tires sending you into a slide which you will undoubtably release, then the friction of going from 0mph on the tires to whatever speed the bike is traveling will send you looping through the air.

Get on sportbikes.net and read as much as you can if you aren't going to take classes before riding.

Thread Information