Thread: Body Fat

aolsux00 is offline Associate Member

Body Fat

What is a good BF% to start doing steroids at? I know theres other factors involved (like age, years of training, etc). I am at 20%, but from what I read, I should lose fat before doing steroids. Is 15% ok or should I drop below that?

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    15% is ok IMO.

skipp is offline Senior Member
    10% or under is really optimal so you can see all of your gains, and don't end up around 20% when you're done bulking.

Hack72 is offline Junior Member
    I would be 12% or lower IMO, You can get that low with a good diet and training. I started out 2 yrs ago and was 24%, now down to 12.4% on diet and training alone. Good luck bro

Hack72 is offline Junior Member
    I would say 12% or lower IMO. You can get down that low with proper diet and training. 2 yrs ago I was around 24% and got down to 12.4% with just diet and training. Good luck bro.

mastapimp is offline New Member
    what is the best way to measure ur bf %?????????????

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    at 20% you wil struggle seeing your muscle gains and beyond that you could end up 25%+ if youre bulking (not good). eat clean, do some cardio, and stay with it for a while.when youre down to 12% or so juice it up! this is a great way to learn how to eat because even when bulking you have to be very careful w/diet so you dont end up fat at the end.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    15% and your good to go

ghostdog128 is offline Junior Member
    It doesn't matter what your BF is. If you're dieting from a high BF then AAS will help you retain lean body mass as you diet. This is an internet myth that needs to end. I think it was originally used because typically people coming from high BF's were thought of as not having the basics of eating properly, this may very well be the case in most instances.

This may not be the case either, what about a higher BF powerlifting, certainly he has the know-how and dedication. Now there is certainly some scientific reasons to use some type of gear over others. Typically you'd not want to use gear that aromitizes (or very little) because being at a higher BF means you may have problems with estrogen to start and as you lose BF estrogen levels may naturally become higher due to the release of your body fat.

If you think you have your dieting down and can stick with a plan do whatever you want.

BGIZZLE8629 is offline Member
    So what is the BEST way to cut B/F% (aside from diet) without losing a lot of weight?? Can you cut speciafically body fat and not weight?? I have come down to 185lbs from about 235lbs and have lost a lot of strength but just a little b/f. So how in the hell can I lost b/f w/o losing weight??

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by BGIZZLE8629
    So what is the BEST way to cut B/F% (aside from diet) without losing a lot of weight?? Can you cut speciafically body fat and not weight?? I have come down to 185lbs from about 235lbs and have lost a lot of strength but just a little b/f. So how in the hell can I lost b/f w/o losing weight??
    Well fat is weight so if you take away fat your body weight will go down unless you add something else. Like muscle. Losing fat and adding lean muscle at the same time isn't always the easiest. But Can me done.

Diet is how you control your body fat and body weight. Why would you ask how to do it besides diet?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    double post
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 02-13-2007 at 02:39 PM.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BGIZZLE8629
    um diets the best way
    If you lost a lot of weight/strength but little fat the problem lies w/ in your diet

Rye_guy is offline Member
    diet diet diet and more diet

Thread Information