Primalinstinct is offline Associate Member

mp3 music on DVD

I have a DVD of mp3 files a friend gave to me. It will play with the windows media player and I can download them into my mp3 player.

How can I convert / burn them onto a CD to play in the vehicle or the home CD player?

I'm running Vista and I have a Roxio software program for burning.

Thanks.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalinstinct
    I have a DVD of mp3 files a friend gave to me. It will play with the windows media player and I can download them into my mp3 player.

How can I convert / burn them onto a CD to play in the vehicle or the home CD player?

I'm running Vista and I have a Roxio software program for burning.

Thanks.
    Do you mean your friend has burned you a cd of data mp3s? now you want to burn then to a cd, if so i would recommend (Nero)

Or if you have a cd of song mp3s.

1 open with media player.
    2 hit rip.
    3 get them from the my music folder.
    4 burn from there.

[QUOTE=S.P.G]Do you mean your friend has burned you a cd of data mp3s? now you want to burn then to a cd, if so i would recommend (Nero)

Thanks for the reply.

It is a DVD+r disc with about 20 hours worth of music (about 10 files @ 2 hours long). This disc does not play in the car or in the house. However it does play on my laptop with media player. I have to leave the disc in to play the music, as well.

I was just wondering if there was a way to burn one of the files onto a 80 minute CD disc?

I was just wondering if there was a way to burn one of the files onto a 80 minute CD disc?
    yes there is, I always save music to disc as data because you can get more on them as data, but no you car or cd player will not play then, you need to put then on your desktop from the cd, then burn them to a disc with nero or whatever like I said....

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    ok i'll keep this simple... this has to do with file format... the audio cd's you are used to hearing are in .WAV format... it is a larger file (around 60 mb) vs the mp3 (around 4 mb). The dvd full of mp3's is not in audio format but actually just containing the data mp3's. You can convert these mp3's by putting the mp3's on your harddisk and then using a program like nero or roxio and just selecting the mp3's you want to burn to an audio cd... the software will then convert those mp3's into wav's and put them on a cd for you.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    btw... having 1 LONG mp3 file that contains an entire album sucks.. no tracks just one long song :P

Thanks SPG and Zimmy

I tried to use itunes initially b/c it was my default. It did not download or convert the .WAV files for me to be able to burn a CD. Then I came to you.

I have Roxio to download. I'll give it a try.

Zimmy:

The large files are actually DJ sessions of Paul van Dyk so I don't mind letting them run

Thanks again, guys.

The large files are actually DJ sessions of Paul van Dyk so I don't mind letting them run
    i hear ya i in to djs like dave clake techno ect there all 80m long sets

Thread Information