JamieStyles is offline Junior Member

Question for the SoCal ppl

Im getting ready to move out to Socal in about 6 months. Would you rather live in LA or OC? I need to figure out which one is going to be a nicer spot for me. im 23 i like to hit up nice clubs, im also into cars, parties, and obviously lifting.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    why SoCal, why not northern Canada??? its beautiful up here, its minus 33C and we got 8 inches of snow last night....BWHAHAHAHAH...tough choice...

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    there's always sunny south florida

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Come to Philly, we have the best chicks around !

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life

ROFL...

DecimaMAS is offline Banned
    Los Angeles is a high-priced area that's laden with crime. Most parts near the city are heavy with traffic and extremely overpriced (a 1-bedroom apartment can go for $1,600/mo.) If you move further out in L.A. County, there are some nice areas about 10 miles Northwest of the city as you head to the valley. Either way you're close to the clubs and nightlife. I suppose it's obvious, but there's Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Pasadena, Downey, etc. All with pretty good night life.

Orange County is more of a white-collar, business-oriented atmosphere. You'll find a lot of new money people but much of the same traffic there. The crime rate is signifigantly less but still present in places like Santa Ana and Stanton where it's 70-80% Mexican. There is plenty of partying to do out in Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Long Beach, Buena Park and even Irvine.

As for lifting, you'll find a whole host of great gyms dotted everywhere throughout the state. Orange County and L.A. Counties are not seperate; you can't tell where the city ends and where it begins for about 60 miles straight on the freeway. No matter where you are in So Cal, there are cities, buildings, people, clubs, gyms, etc.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I had to add that to my collection.. thanks
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by DecimaMAS
    Los Angeles is a high-priced area that's laden with crime. Most parts near the city are heavy with traffic and extremely overpriced (a 1-bedroom apartment can go for $1,600/mo.) If you move further out in L.A. County, there are some nice areas about 10 miles Northwest of the city as you head to the valley. Either way you're close to the clubs and nightlife. I suppose it's obvious, but there's Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Pasadena, Downey, etc. All with pretty good night life.

Orange County is more of a white-collar, business-oriented atmosphere. You'll find a lot of new money people but much of the same traffic there. The crime rate is signifigantly less but still present in places like Santa Ana and Stanton where it's 70-80% Mexican. There is plenty of partying to do out in Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Long Beach, Buena Park and even Irvine.
    Thanks for the info. I will h ave two roomates when I make the move. One goes to USC so wants to live in a 15mile radius of the campus. The other roomate doesnt care really where he lives. Myself Im knida thinking about OC cause its close to the city but i dont have deal with the hassle of city life but then again i am 23 so i should just live it up....Im pretty confused

Quote Originally Posted by JamieStyles
    Thanks for the info. I will h ave two roomates when I make the move. One goes to USC so wants to live in a 15mile radius of the campus. The other roomate doesnt care really where he lives. Myself Im knida thinking about OC cause its close to the city but i dont have deal with the hassle of city life but then again i am 23 so i should just live it up....Im pretty confused
    "Hassle of city life?" Orange County stretches from Long Beach all the way down the coast to San Juan Capistrano and back up to Anaheim Hills. There are VERY few places in that whole county where you won't have to deal with "city life."

California's population is around 40 million, about 3.5 million of which live in Orange County alone, not to mention the 12 million in L.A. County. (The numbers are higher because of illegals--you'll see) You're going to be living "city life" no matter where you go in So Cal.

FYI, I live in the Inland Empire, consisting of San Bernardino and Riverside counties. This is east of L.A./Orange.

whoa, what the hell is that, i almost lost my lunch

Quote Originally Posted by DecimaMAS
    "Hassle of city life?" Orange County stretches from Long Beach all the way down the coast to San Juan Capistrano and back up to Anaheim Hills. There are VERY few places in that whole county where you won't have to deal with "city life."

California's population is around 40 million, about 3.5 million of which live in Orange County alone, not to mention the 12 million in L.A. County. (The numbers are higher because of illegals--you'll see) You're going to be living "city life" no matter where you go in So Cal.

What i meant by city life was having to worry about getting mugged everytime you go out, someone breaking into your house or car, or gangmembers chillen across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieStyles
    What i meant by city life was having to worry about getting mugged everytime you go out, someone breaking into your house or car, or gangmembers chillen across the street.
    Check the crime rates here. They're extremely high. If you think Compton, Inglewood, Los Angeles, Hollywood, City of Industry, Stanton, Gardena and Santa Ana are "safe" places, think again. Look them up online: we have one of the highest instances of armed robbery, rape and 1st degree murder in the country.

i know there are some rough areas out there, im looking for a nice area within LA or OC

kihop is offline Associate Member
    I live right over the valley and love it. No crime, nice neighboorhood and close to Hollywood and Santa Monica.

You're friend who's going to school will need to live closer than 15 miles.
    1 mile can take up to 1/2 hour on the freeway during peak times.

Quote Originally Posted by kihop
    I live right over the valley and love it. No crime, nice neighboorhood and close to Hollywood and Santa Monica.

You're friend who's going to school will need to live closer than 15 miles.
    1 mile can take up to 1/2 hour on the freeway during peak times.
    I honestly wouldnt mind living in the valley either... Are all the cool clubs and bars in Hollywood? I know some dudes that live by the beach and they say there is no better spot to live at

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Ventura County isn't too shabby either if your still wondering...it's 30 minutes away from Hollywood, LA, an hour away from the OC, 3 hours away from San Diego and Mexico.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Not to mention we're about 15 minutes away from the beach

Thread Information