southmadejd is offline Member

Scottie Pippen making a comeback!!!

I am sure by now some of you have heard that Pippen is trying to make a comeback. Now I have always been a huge Pippen fan and have defended him adamantly but I am not sure if I can defend him coming back at age 41. You could just see how his career declined with the Trailblazers and how he wasn't as much of a force in the league anymore. If Jordan couldn't make a great comeback then I am sorry to say that Pippen doesn't have a chance.

Anybody got any other opinions?

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I heard that he would consider playing for the Spurs... somebody asked him at the all star game

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i was listening to espn radio today and i believe it was mark jackson that said scottie told him that he was a better player than micheal. my first thought was what kind of mind altering substance was he on. pippin was an above average player with micheal and very average without him.

southmadejd is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i was listening to espn radio today and i believe it was mark jackson that said scottie told him that he was a better player than micheal. my first thought was what kind of mind altering substance was he on. pippin was an above average player with micheal and very average without him.
    Damn here I go defending him again. Pippen was never average without Michael. When Michael took a year off to play baseball Pippen averaged 25 ppg and took the Bulls to the playoffs. Now I am not trying to say that Pippen was better than Michael but I think they both complimented each other very well. Anyways the comments that Barkley has been making about Pippen are pretty damn funny. Even though when Barkley was trying to make a comeback he couldn't even lose the fat to do it.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd
    Damn here I go defending him again. Pippen was never average without Michael. When Michael took a year off to play baseball Pippen averaged 25 ppg and took the Bulls to the playoffs. Now I am not trying to say that Pippen was better than Michael but I think they both complimented each other very well. Anyways the comments that Barkley has been making about Pippen are pretty damn funny. Even though when Barkley was trying to make a comeback he couldn't even lose the fat to do it.
    so it was barkley that made the comment, that doesn't suprise me at all. it doesn't sound right calling a starting player in the nba an average basketball player but comparing him to micheal jordan makes him seem average. i wonder if anybody will take a chance on him?

Thread Information