Thread: Increase Speed

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger

Increase Speed

I run about a 5.0, maybe sub 5 40 yard dash on a good day, but I was wondering how I could decrease this time, its been a goal to run around a 4.5-4.7. Is this possible to go down that much and how can i achieve this? sorry mods if this is this is the wrong forum

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    work legs like crazy, also look at sleds with weights and parachutes for practicing sprints.

TbolzNdbols is offline Associate Member
    winny. no im just kidding. I ran a 4.65 40yard. Its all endurance training and alot of cardio to keep those legs cranking. I think the avg NFL player runs a 4.3-4.5 as far as RB,WR,WO,DE,and LB's. I was watching the nfl scouting combine for 2007 man those guys are all freakishly jacked and run under 4.5's

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    running sleds, and the strength shoe(increase vertical and speed)...uuumm, plyometric exercies.

And just doing regular sprints, (20yd,40yd,80yd,100yd,200yd, Ive even been up to 440yd sprints..lol, almost make you puke)

Im 195lbs right now, 5'10'', and run about 4.7 40. I wanna get it down to about 4.5 if I can.

good luck. Also, jumping rope is good.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    obviously training for sprinting is necessary but also a mestanolone only cycle might be a good one for you. no real weight gain, helps with strength, speed, muscular endurance and aggression.

my brother is 6' 175 but absolutely shreaded, i got him into working out 10 years ago so he knows how to train and eat right. right now he plays soccer and thinking about doing a mestanolone cycle, 50-100mg/ed for 6-8weeks, i'll let you know what it does for him.

Blog Entries
    shoot Dr.Sus a PM. He knows his stuff in this department.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i think i am going to try the speed parachutes, i was wondering how effective they are? cause i cant find any reviews online

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    i think i am going to try the speed parachutes, i was wondering how effective they are? cause i cant find any reviews online

I heard they are a bitch to deal with. After each sprint, you gotta stop and reload the damn thing. Running sleds are cheaper and better IMO.

Thread Information